What's new

Mixed-race Rola changing the DNA of Japanese pop culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
yndahan.jpg

The yellow part is O3 (Han Chinese haplogroup), red part is O2a, pale blue is O1, pink part looks like a bunch of haplogroups together based on the legend at the bottom of the picture. But the words of the legend are so tiny that I can hardly see it. I think it says that the pink part are N*, O2*, C3*, Q1, N1.

vietnamydna.jpg

Yellow part is once again Han Chinese O3 haplogroup. Vietnamese has a fair bit of O3, but less than that of the Han Chinese of course. It is interesting to see that Vietnamese has some O2b, a genetic marker that is dominant in Koreans and Japanese that are not found in neither Northern nor Southern Han. However, Vietnamese and Japanese lack Q1 (dominant in Kazakh) that the Koreans, Northern Han, and Southern Han have a bit of.

What is the significance? Significance indicates that O3 Haplogroup that makes up Han genetics is more prominent in Southern Chinese, such as Hakka, Teowchew than even Northern groups.

It solidifies my statement that Southern Han are more progenitors of original Han genetic composition, and even language than others.

@Nihonjin1051

If you'll note North Han are one of the very few ethnic groups in the world that possess a signature patriline almost to exclusivity. You typically only see that in very geographically isolated groups such as the Yakut.

I think you're reading the table wrong. The label is above the relevant "pie". And the Hakka are a "Northern Origin" people.

What is the significance? Significance indicates that O3 Haplogroup that makes up Han genetics is more prominent in Southern Chinese, such as Hakka, Teowchew than even Northern groups.

It solidifies my statement that Southern Han are more progenitors of original Han genetic composition, and even language than others.

The North Han has a higher frequency of O3a, but South Han also has a very high frequency of O3a.

The O3a haplogroup was thriving in the Central-North plain of China, then expanded to the rest of East Asia.

@Nihonjin1051

If you'll note North Han are one of the very few ethnic groups in the world that possess a signature patriline almost to exclusivity. You typically only see that in very geographically isolated groups such as the Yakut.

I think you're reading the table wrong. The label is above the relevant "pie". And the Hakka are a "Northern Origin" people.

I think your understanding of Medical Genetics, or Genetics, is antiquated even questionable at best. Mitochondrial composition is of a maternal process since the female (46XX) carries an extra x chromosome. The male (46XY) only carries one x chromosome, this is why x-linked diseases can be linked directly , and has a higher chance of being identified. The Han ethnic group actually does not posseess exclusivity, but rather, share similar chromosomal links such as the N- haplo group that are common in Koreans, Japanese, and even the Yakut. Also, Han analysis indicates they have a C-chromosome presence, which is found also in Mongolians, Evenk and to a small degree even Kazakh. Considering population migration patterns, this indicates hetereogeity. Not homogeneity.

Even Japanese, if you look at it, our chromosomal make up indicates classical heterogeneity, contradictory to the media's assumption that we are homogenous.

The North Han has a higher frequency of O3a, but South Han also has a very high frequency of O3a.

The O3a haplogroup was thriving in the Central-North plain of China, then expanded to the rest of East Asia.

Do you even know what you're talking about? O3a is a protein marker that indicates a progenitation , progenitor. Its presence indicates attribution, and transferrence of said codons during transcription.

Please Take Genetics Class before you talk. :-)

@Nihonjin1051

People often tend to mistakenly stereotype the North Chinese as flat pancake face.

In fact, this is the feature of the Mongols and many Koreans, not North Chinese.

People often tend to mistakenly stereotype the North Chinese as flat pancake face.

In fact, this is the feature of the Mongols and many Koreans, not North Chinese.

Genotype contributes to Phenotype. And there are some Northern Chinese with similar facial phenotypes attributed to Koreans and some Mongols.

Genotype contributes to Phenotype. And there are some Northern Chinese with similar facial phenotypes attributed to Koreans and some Mongols.

Not similar at all, their phenotype has more overlap with the Central Chinese and also many South Chinese than with the Mongols and Koreans.

Not similar at all, their phenotype has more overlap with the Central Chinese and also many South Chinese than with the Mongols and Koreans.

On the contrary, through chromosomal analysis and protein-analysis through Western Blotting, it has revealed of a strong confidence of similarity in O, O1, O2, and O2a. This suggests a common progenitor. It indicates transference.

Again, it is very obvious that you do not know general principles of Genetics. Please read up on it before you talk to me. :-)

On the contrary, through chromosomal analysis and protein-analysis through Western Blotting, it has revealed of a strong confidence of similarity in O, O1, O2, and O2a. This suggests a common progenitor. It indicates transference.

Again, it is very obvious that you do not know general principles of Genetics. Please read up on it before you talk to me. :-)

I am not a genetic expert, so i don't need to discuss in a convoluted way with you.

But you claim that the South Chinese and North Chinese don't look like each other, i dunno who will agree with your claim in China. Just like saying a Russian from Sochi has no similarity with a Russian from Moscow.

North Chinese and South Chinese indeed have some difference with each others, but they are still more closely related to each other than they do with other East Asian nations.

So many misconceptions,I don't have much time before my trip to Taiwan/China so I will delineate some points.

1.Han Chinese are not homogeneous as well as many other ethnic groups,ethnicity is fluid and expecting the ancient Han to perfectly resemble modern day Northern Han is ludicrous.

2.Neolithic Northern China had a different Y haplogroup composition compared to modern day Northern Han,C,Q and N were dominant while more basal branches of O3 also existed,so it wouldn't surprise me if ancient Han already had C,Q and N.(中國北方古代人群Y染色體遺傳多樣性研究)

3.Qin and Han era terracotta figures have the same features as some modern day Northern Han showing some ancestral relationship.

4.NO originated from K which came from Southeast Asia however the major subclades of O3 ie O 002611,O M117(the downstream O M133 also seems to be the majority in Han) and O M134 originated from Sino-Tibetans.( Improved phylogenetic resolution and rapid diversification of Y-chromosome haplogroup K-M526 in Southeast Asia, Y Chromosomes of 40% Chinese Are Descendants of Three Neolithic Super-grandfathers)

5.Shang mDNA already shows a Northern Han affinity showing that population replacement was minimal.(Preliminary Research on Hereditary Features of Yinxu Population)

6.Cao Cao's Y haplogroup was O M268 PK- which is the basal clade of O2 this doesn't mean he isn't Han.
(Present Y chromosomes reveal the ancestry of Emperor CAO Cao of 1800 years ago, Ancient DNA of Emperor CAO Cao’s granduncle matches those of his present descendants: a commentary on present Y chromosomes reveal the ancestry of Emperor CAO Cao of 1800 years ago)

7.Ancient Han Chinese were intermediate of Xiongnu and Xianbei populations(鄭州漢唐宋墓葬出土人骨研究)

8.If anything the biggest nomadic impact would have been during 五胡亂華 as the Three Kingdoms and The War of the Eight princes devastated Northern China and forced migration down south,the Khitans,Jurchens,Mongols,Manchus etc never outnumbered the native Sinitic speakers.

9.There was no mass migration of Southern natives towards the North.

10.Having a larger percentage of a certain haplogroup could mean a bottleneck occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom