What's new

Mirage, F-7PG and other combat aircrafts

F7 and Mirage are here to stay for a long time. There replacement is JF-17 thunder and it will take long time to to induct JF and take out those F7's and Mirage. Moreover, these birds are awesome and relatively in good condition and would go with us for long time.

mirage3.jpg

f7.jpg

f75.jpg

:pakistan:Well sometimes you need to criticize the government machinery.we can not sit back and say "whatever we have is good and in fine condition".It is the lack of government' decision maker's thats's why we couldn't replace these jets.MIRAGE-III(ROSE UPGRADE) is decent fighter but above all it need's replacement.our neighbors have better version,so we really can't compare with them.
PAF would have been the best air force if we would have not lost 15-20 years due to government's incompetency.J-7 is not comparable to MIG-21(BISON) at all.J-7 upgraded also lack in BVR.the crashes in the iaf was due to the act that they didn't had a good trainer.now look at them how many MIG-21(BISON) have crashed?we know we have the best training and our pilots are really great but if we don't have any potent fighter we are limiting their abilities.
This is the right time for PAF to go all out and maintain few air crafts but deadly ones so that we should also have good and deadly fighter's to counter any attack.Inshaaallah very soon that will happen.:pakistan::sniper::bounce:

mirage rose-3 and f7pg are with us until 2020:)

No i dont think imran bhai that mirage rose-3 will be with us till 2020,they have spent enough of their life plus we cant afford to hold them for another 10 years as the technology is advancing rapidly

For me we will have f-7PG's till 2015 and no mirages , Our 18 new f-16's and another 14 f-16's (under negotiation) plus some refurbished one from USA will replace aprox three squadron of non Rose mirages till 2012 and till then we will also have aprox 4 squadrons of jf-17 to replace A-5's and few more non rose mirages

And the the ultimate arrival of FC-20's will see of the Rose Mirages,while on the other hand the increasing number of jf-17 will see of F-7 M and F-7p's

hahaha, dude f-7 pg is upgraded with westren avionics and Grifo S-7 Radar

The F-7s will have the Grifo-MG or Grifo-PG. The Grifo-S7 was meant for the JF-17.

Here is what I have for the specifications of the KLJ-6F:

2d0ig75.jpg

I find it hard to believe that Bangladesh and Namibia went for the Grifo-MG is it was not better than the above. I conclude that the Grifo-MG is BVR capable. Would be interesting to know what radar Nigeria went for.

2ewea3a.jpg

262qy4n.jpg

Last edited:
I actually like the F7PG air frame it looks far more modern than then much older BISON OF THE iaf.

THE PAF should look to upgrade the F7PG with a bvr capability and better jammers.

If this is done properly there would be very little diffrence between the Thunder and F7PG in overall ability.

PAF only acquired some of their F7 9 years ago.

bison_1.jpg

majority of our jets don't have the capability to launch BVR misiles and do not have any good jamming systems. i assume that they would not last longer infront of the 124 strong fleet of su30 and other lethal iaf machines.
we not only need to undergo massive upgradations but also induct some state of the art aircrafts perhaps hornet or rafale. but again who would sell them to us with india pressurizing the respective countries.:hitwall::hitwall:

PAF might be looking To Replace Non-rose mirages and F-7 with Jf-17, possibilty that PG's will be upgraded to Bvr capability, after arrivial of Fc-20 and possible upgradation of Jf-17 blk 2. All 3rd generation will be replaced.

How many hardpoints does the upgraded Mirage and f-7 contain and which misiles can they carry?

the amount of hardponts are same...which is 5
in PAF they carry maximum of two A to A missiles...
missiles are aim -9, pl -5, pl -9
mirage can also carry couple of french origin short rannge missiles

I wanted to ask a question to our senior members that why didn't our air force take the licence production of Mirage-2000s(of about 200-250 aircraft) from france like in 1980s and try to start negotiating in early 1980s and start production like in 1986 and continue till 2000. Then our air force would be much better than now.

I wanted to ask a question to our senior members that why didn't our air force take the licence production of Mirage-2000s(of about 200-250 aircraft) from france like in 1980s and try to start negotiating in early 1980s and start production like in 1986 and continue till 2000. Then our air force would be much better than now.

bro this time in 2010 mirage2000 is not on any country wish list . its now v.old . and production lines are closed in france. there is no new mirage2000 is in world. we need some thing like j-10 refale eu fighter and then we have to go in 5th gen fighter not to waste money on 30 years old jet.

Pakistan is currently looking at 200+ Thunders as the back bone of its air force.

These cost around £12-15m each.

The hitech fighters start at $60m each going up to over $100m each for F35 Typhpoon & rafael

ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY BUDGETS.

PAF has a fraction of the budgets of air forces like China India Saudi and Korea and Taiwan.

There lies the problem.

The answer is Thunder x 200 and slowly upgrade

small nos of J10/FC20

F16 ON GRANT AID.

well F 7 is still good interceptor against Mig 21 bis our pilots have bettter trainening than IAF pilots so what ever flaws F 7 has which i dont think so even if it has slight miss advantage it wont metter because trainning of pilot will come in account too

Back
Top Bottom