What's new

Miltant camps still in Bangladesh

This is because integration efforts have been lacking so far. We Bengalis don't mix well socially with Chakmas because of our conservative outlook. But still I think tolerance for Pahari Burma border people in Bangladesh is higher than in India IMHO. WE should increase our tolerance level and let Chakmas, Marmas and Tenchangiyas (among others) integrate into the mainstream.

Actually Chakmas are the most advanced community in BD. Well ahead of Bengalees. They have Generals, ambassadors, doctors, engineers, civil servants, police officers and others.Being the largest tribal group and being concentrated in Rangamati,they usurp much of the quota and extra resources/benefits allotted to CHT.

Yes those people who integrated with mainstream are doing real good. But still there are some anti BD mentality among them. We do much of the efforts to keep them. But do they leave their hard liner stand.
Gov would like to establish University there, now how can anyone deny that. They are sucking all BD resources.
But dont allow some people to relocate there. In addition there is alwayas a concern of kidnapping there if you want to visit there. Tribal cities are good but remote areas are alarming.
Yes BD is doing great with these people. In time they will mix up more and will be more extrovert.

But as asad71 said NE Indian tribal states should join with BD. Thats questionable. Outsiders are not welcome in NE states.
As in Nagaland you will take permission to enter into that state. And as you know about the attacks on settlers there.
Its the proof of their mindset. They are hostile towards mainland Indians. How can you expect they can join with BD.

Indians can keep them. If any NE state becomes independent we should help them. They can take landlocked Nepal as a model.

Yes those people who integrated with mainstream are doing real good. But still there are some anti BD mentality among them. We do much of the efforts to keep them. But do they leave their hard liner stand.
Gov would like to establish University there, now how can anyone deny that. They are sucking all BD resources.
But dont allow some people to relocate there. In addition there is alwayas a concern of kidnapping there if you want to visit there. Tribal cities are good but remote areas are alarming.
Yes BD is doing great with these people. In time they will mix up more and will be more extrovert.

But as asad71 said NE Indian tribal states should join with BD. Thats questionable. Outsiders are not welcome in NE states.
As in Nagaland you will take permission to enter into that state. And as you know about the attacks on settlers there.
Its the proof of their mindset. They are hostile towards mainland Indians. How can you expect they can join with BD.

Indians can keep them. If any NE state becomes independent we should help them. They can take landlocked Nepal as a model.

1.Delhi is far off. Dhaka is not. Their geographical situations makes them our natural allies. Culturally they are nearer to us than Delhi where they are looked down upon. We have complimentary economy. Dr Phizo had wanted to opt for (E) Pakistan. Tripura Maharaja waited days at Dhaka to plead his case for joining us. Mizos under Laldenga had wanted to join us.

2. The current troubles in NE have been fanned by Indian Intel, firstly to weaken Bengalees (Indian), then to create differences among tribes and lastly to promote anti-Muslim hue and cry.

3. We must open our eyes to these realities. Similarly Arkana has, since 1947, desired to join us.

1.Delhi is far off. Dhaka is not. Their geographical situations makes them our natural allies. Culturally they are nearer to us than Delhi where they are looked down upon. We have complimentary economy. Dr Phizo had wanted to opt for (E) Pakistan. Tripura Maharaja waited days at Dhaka to plead his case for joining us. Mizos under Laldenga had wanted to join us.

2. The current troubles in NE have been fanned by Indian Intel, firstly to weaken Bengalees (Indian), then to create differences among tribes and lastly to promote anti-Muslim hue and cry.

3. We must open our eyes to these realities. Similarly Arkana has, since 1947, desired to join us.

There should be some limit of impotency.
Where India forcefully taken over Hyderabad, Kashmir and Sikkim.
What Pakistan gave us. Nothing.
Because of Pakistani sentiment we lost these NE places who were willingly to join.
Where, by arms support we could easily annex Arakan.

Now we are happy with our country. But feel pity for those Bangladeshis who still support PK.

Last edited:
Well Indian Chkmas and their Mizo cousins have been fed up of Indian hegemony. They would like to kick out the Indians and join us.

@ In 1971 during the whole Liberation War, Mizo leader Brigadier Lal Denga along with his whole Brigrade was stationed in Rangamati. Our Freedom Fighters hardly could enter in Chittagong Hill Tract during that period. It was only for this reason General Ubam( spelling is wrong) along with his "K" force force entered Chittagong Hills Tract via Agartola. Now it is being reveiled that even a Tibetian Freedom Fighter also joined along with this force. This Tibetian Brigrade was forced to joined in the Chittagong Operation.

Last edited:
It would be a great thing for NE Indian 8 states, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, China and Myanmar, if the NE states can become a united independent state like Nepal. Like Nepal and Bhutan, they will be landlocked, but they will have access to sea via either Bangladesh or Myanmar. They may need to give up Arunachal Pradesh to China.

For Nepal and Bhutan, it will solve their landlocked status and dependence on India, as both will be able to access their shortest route to sea, Chittagong port or a future Sonadia deep sea port.

There is around 230 million people in Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and NE states. Independence of NE states will improve the strategic independence and economy of all these nation states all of whom suffer from hegemony of "mainland India" due to its forced occupation and subjugation of NE states.

There should be some limit of impotency.
Where India forcefully taken over Hyderabad, Kashmir and Sikkim.
What Pakistan gave us. Nothing.
Because of Pakistani sentiment we lost these NE places who were willingly to join.
Where, by arms support we could easily annex Arakan.

Now we are happy with our country. But feel pity for those Bangladeshis who still support PK.

@ What you are talking man ? @asad71 's each and every word is meaningful. What you wanted from united Pakistan ? What you lost and what you gain ask your father/grand father ?

@ How can you annex those states of seven sisters ? Are you mad ? Do you know what was the strenght of military in East Pakistan in August 1947. In those days there were hardly any Bengalise in the defence forces in British Colonial Army. As because the Bengalise first revolted and then joined with the sepoy mutiny in 1857. Since then all Bengali units were disbanded and branded as non-marshal race.

@ In August 1947, on the eve of Independence once the with Chakmas revolted and hoisted Indian flag in Rangamati, East Pakistan had a skeleten of one Division having only one Punjab Infantry Battalion. With this lone Punjabi Battalion along with the scouts of Fazlul Kader Chow went to crush the movement and hoisted the Pakistani flag in Rangamati.

@ You wanted to annex Tripura, Mizoram, Manipur with this lone Battalion ! " Dobe mor hatu jal pani te". You have no sense about military development ? Your arguments are like kids ?

@ Mattrixx, donnot talk like SK Hasina ? Grow up more then argue ? O, I see ! you have already made us Jamati ???? But I tell you, one day these so called "Jamaties" will save you. And people like you will tell, " Heno kale gogonete uthilo chada, Mattrixx bhai bole uthe esho mor dada".

@ What you are talking man ? @asad71 's each and every word is meaningful. What you wanted from united Pakistan ? What you lost and what you gain ask your father/grand father ?

@ How can you annex those states of seven sisters ? Are you mad ? Do you know what was the strenght of military in East Pakistan in August 1947. In those days there were hardly any Bengalise in the defence forces in British Colonial Army. As because the Bengalise first revolted and then joined with the sepoy mutiny in 1857. Since then all Bengali units were disbanded and branded as non-marshal race.

@ In August 1947, on the eve of Independence once the with Chakmas revolted and hoisted Indian flag in Rangamati, East Pakistan had a skeleten of one Division having only one Punjab Infantry Battalion. With this lone Punjabi Battalion along with the scouts of Fazlul Kader Chow went to crush the movement and hoisted the Pakistani flag in Rangamati.

@ You wanted to annex Tripura, Mizoram, Manipur with this lone Battalion ! " Dobe mor hatu jal pani te". You have no sense about military development ? Your arguments are like kids ?

@ Mattrixx, donnot talk like SK Hasina ? Grow up more then argue ? O, I see ! you have already made us Jamati ???? But I tell you, one day these so called "Jamaties" will save you. And people like you will tell, " Heno kale gogonete uthilo chada, Mattrixx bhai bole uthe esho mor dada".

With due respect I agreed with all what said asad71. I said some NE sates could join with us as asad71.
But for East pakistanis impotency they didnt allow Tripura for anti Hindu sentiment.
Now you cant find anything in my posts to military aggression on India. I was saying we could help Arakanese with arms to join with East pakistan.

I respect you as a senior person and for your grip over history. But sometime here people think one step ahead.
I assume you know all the histories and dont expect that you understand me less.
And what I learn from history is there is nothing absolute and many version and angle.

With due respect I agreed with all what said asad71. I said some NE sates could join with us as asad71.
But for East pakistanis impotency they didnt allow Tripura for anti Hindu sentiment.
Now you cant find anything in my posts to military aggression on India. I was saying we could help Arakanese with arms to join with East pakistan.

I respect you as a senior person and for your grip over history. But sometime here people think one step ahead.
I assume you know all the histories and dont expect that you understand me less.
And what I learn from history is there is nothing absolute and many version and angle.

@ Sorry for my harsh languages. I disagree with the above line(red). Pakistan was made in such a manner that it could not sustain. But it survived specially the then East Pakistan. And in 1970, East Pakistan or West Pakistan became a model in the Third World country in all kinds of developments. Peoples of the world used to visit to see the developments of Pakistan. During those days I used to visit both East and West Pakistan very frequently.
@ So, what I was telling that in 1947/1948 as Maha Rani of Tripura visited Dacca and wanted to meet Jinnah. At that time Nizimuddin was the Chief Minister of East Pakistan. CM gave a call to Jinnah about but it was too busy. Jinnah was busy some where in North West Frontier Province to organize the tribal people for fomenting the movement in Kashmir. All these things Jinnah was doing very secretly as both the Chief of Army of India and Pakistan was a British origin. Even many Formation Commanders were British. Still Rani waited for at least 10 days. Finally she went back empty handed. After a year Delhi one by one annexed Tripura "aur ham log dhette hi raige". " Dil ki baat dil me rehgai(This applies for Moha Rani)".

@ Here we all blame Jinnah why he did not mate or talked with Maha Rani ? To blame some one is very easy. How come Jinnah could take risk in all two fronts simultaneously with his rudimentary military forces. Had he promised Maha Rani then our fate could have been like Hyderabad. In that case people like @eastwatch would have been happy.

Last edited:
@ In 1971 during the whole Liberation War, Mizo leader Brigadier Lal Denga along with his whole Brigrade was stationed in Rangamati. Our Freedom Fighters hardly could enter in Chittagong Hill Tract during that period. It was only for this reason General Ubam( spelling is wrong) along with his "K" force force entered Chittagong Hills Tract via Agartola. Now it is being reveiled that even a Tibetian Freedom Fighter also joined along with this force. This Tibetian Brigrade was forced to joined in the Chittagong Operation.
ITBP

K Force was Khaled Musharraf's Bde. Kilo Force was the codename given for Brig Sahbegh Singh's activities. RAW officer Gen Uban heli-dropped with ITBP. Chakma Raja Tridiv Roy, who had won the CHT seat independently in 1970 elections, had supported Pakistan. PA SSG commanded the Mizos who were decimated by Mukti Bahini and IA. It is said the flower of Mizo youth was wiped out in '71 leading to their surrender to Indians.

"mainland India" due to its forced occupation and subjugation of NE states.
Do you still live in the colonial era?
Do you even understand how modern countries use governance?

Different North East states governs themselves just as Punjab governs itself or West Bengal governs itself or Karnataka governs itself. There is no 'Delhi rule'.

The rights and responsibilities of each state government is enshrined in the Constitution of India and consequently the Central Government can not either interject on those aspects.The Center can only interject on those subjects which are also clearly demarcated in the Constitution.

Or maybe because you are Muslim you find it hard to understand modern concepts of governance and think about 'sultanates' and 'subjugation' ?

K Force was Khaled Musharraf's Bde. Kilo Force was the codename given for Brig Sahbegh Singh's activities. RAW officer Gen Uban heli-dropped with ITBP. Chakma Raja Tridiv Roy, who had won the CHT seat independently in 1970 elections, had supported Pakistan. PA SSG commanded the Mizos who were decimated by Mukti Bahini and IA. It is said the flower of Mizo youth was wiped out in '71 leading to their surrender to Indians.

@
Do you still live in the colonial era?
Do you even understand how modern countries use governance?

Different North East states governs themselves just as Punjab governs itself or West Bengal governs itself or Karnataka governs itself. There is no 'Delhi rule'.

The rights and responsibilities of each state government is enshrined in the Constitution of India and consequently the Central Government can not either interject on those aspects.The Center can only interject on those subjects which are also clearly demarcated in the Constitution.

Or maybe because you are Muslim you find it hard to understand modern cbncepts of governance and think about 'sultanates' and 'subjugation' ?

@ But there was always Presidential Rule and governed by the Governors appointed by the Centre. and mostof the time North East states were ruled by Presidential rule.

@

@ But there was always Presidential Rule and governed by the Governors appointed by the Centre. and mostof the time North East states were ruled by Presidential rule.

:hitwall::hitwall:

Years of president rule in various NE states (Approximate):

Arunachal: <1 year
Assam:3 years
Manipur: 6.5 years
Mizoram: 2 years
Nagaland: 4 years
Sikkim: <1 year
Tripura: <1 year

You were saying?

Try to do proper research before posting

That was before the North East was converted into states, decades back, when NE was run directly from Delhi.

Now each North Eastern state governs itself like every other state of India.

What matters is the dreaded AFSPA. This Act makes NE and J&K colonies - officially.
Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The lack of knowledge among you people is astounding.

There are 7 states in the North East, 8 states if you include Sikkim. AFSPA is in effect in 2 states out of those 8.

Even in those 2 states in NE where AFSPA is in effect, it is now used in border areas unlike J&K(where it is used in all areas).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom