What's new

MillatFace book : Cheap clone and attempt to cash in

sparklingway

Reaction score
So this bunch of guys registered a domain called Millatfacebook.com on May 20 to cash-in on the anti-Facebook sentiment in Pakistan.

While they most certainly will face a legal challenge from Facebook if they ever succeed in their attempt, the cloning is so blatant the login page uses the same picture as Facebook.

Even if the page is young, the terms and privacy policy are awesome :-

Only Terms of using this website are:

1) You must respect Humanity
2) You must respect Believes of all People
3) No Disrespect to anyone

Thanks,

millAtfacebook Team

millAtfacebook highly respects your privacy policy and ensure you that your information will not be shared with anyone at any cost!

And you can see all online "members".

A friend of mine just posted a fake profile as a girl and guess what, got 3 invitations from namahram men for "fraindship" within the first ten minutes.

Ok, now go and join the millatfacebook

MillatFacebook.com - Social Networking Place for Every One

Thanks for this, what a great idea, so people create profiles and socialize online with friends and strangers.

This should win some sort of award.

I hope there's a zanankhana and segregation besides profile pictures and albumsn being banned and moral police for being "fahash" and control on spreading "uryainat".

While they most certainly will face a legal challenge from Facebook if they ever succeed in their attempt, the cloning is so blatant the login page uses the same picture as Facebook.

FB cant challenge this, as it has a different name altogether.

FB cant challenge this, as it has a different name altogether.

Use of name to misdirect people by using a similar name is well established as a violation of trademarks.

Want me to post examples of successful litigation across borders in this regard?

its indeed a cheap clone of facebook - not good features

the only thing i liked is the first picture :lol:

picmr.jpg

btw on that pic it says "Lara Datta" - so she must be that bollywood actress

Use of name to misdirect people by using a similar name is well established as a violation of trademarks.

Want me to post examples of successful litigation across borders in this regard?

Bai
Tell one big IT giant who did this..
China launched Gojee and almost a clone of Youtube.. did they challaged it :no: Because theres no Int law regarding a Web technology being copied or cloned in some other counteries. FB will not challage it , even if they do then on which grounds..!!!

PPL have the right and should be encouraged to benefit from a mistake which FB made..:agree:

FB can only challenge if somebody steal their source code and then make a clone of it.

There is nothing as such - its just like another website having some similarities with facebook. Overall its a very different site hopefully designed from scratch so there is no question of challenging this site

As long as the website is not copying materials (content, images, brand names, content, script source) from the original site, it is legal.

Styling and name are part of IP and there is blatant violation going on here.

RenRen was an utter ripoff but it went original within its initial days and does not violate any styling or names and hence continues to operate (it is China's biggest social networking site).

Back
Top Bottom