What's new

MillatFace book : Cheap clone and attempt to cash in

As long as the website is not copying materials (content, images, brand names, content, script source) from the original site, it is legal.

Styling and name are part of IP and there is blatant violation going on here.

RenRen was an utter ripoff but it went original within its initial days and does not violate any styling or names and hence continues to operate (it is China's biggest social networking site).

Links Please

i think this guy sparklingway has been terrorised by facebook ban. hes too emotional now a days after facebook ban. i think his life bread has been snatched away :P

kio ban kerdia facebook, koi aur achi site ni milli thi :P

btw pakistanis can enjoy their own sites, no need to depend on these westerners for everything, esp when FB cannot address some serious issues, and miscreants use this site as a tool for their wasteful propaganda..

I like the way it says copyright Millatfacebook.com at the bottom of the login page.

Moreever i think its FB getting jealous of a German company being so successful. Its the idea and innovative though which is being stoled. But do we have laws for that ...

There exists something called, Intellectual Property Rights.

But I liked the idea of these guys, they just hit the iron when it was red hot, all they needed was a proper brand identity and hell lot of marketing along with their moto and they could have been successful getting millions of sign ups a day.
But they did a job like cloning Nokia and calling it Fokia.

No Originality = No success.

But I still appreciate the way they came up so quickly with a clone, how did they manage to script it all ? specially the database and interlinking it all!!:woot:

Last edited:
Look at the core team
Team » MillatFacebook.com - Social Networking Place for Every One

The advocate sb is the one who is the Chairman JAP and whose petition sought a ban on Facebook. Profiting at its best, not saying its wrong.

The best part is the usual self-righteous and narcissistic numbers that are conjured to emphasize one's importance and worth:-

They are generating 47%-50% of their revenue from Muslim and around 10%-12% alone from Pakistan.

Pakistan does not even contribute 1% of Facebook's traffic. Talk about exaggeration. Muslims represent around 21-24% of the world's populatio. 10 countries represent around 55% of Facebook's traffic and only one of them has a muslim majority with India providing a minority as well.

The outright factual lies generated by the ban supporters over the previous days always amazes for every self righteous group does this but nobody lies when upholding a religion which emphasizes the importance of truth.

Last edited:
There exists something called, Intellectual Property Rights.

Its WORLD WIDE WEB, theres no such thing as intellectual property rights on web....:rofl:
Hell i download ebooks which cost 200$-400$ on amazon just for free ..
Limewire,Bittorent you must be aware of those things

What? Facebook ripping off from renren?

I guess you misunderstood what I said. I said that renren copied the interface off facebook almost entirely but within its initial days went original, changed to institution specific groups and changed its business model to adapt to local market and hence never was truly a facebook clone and therefore did not suffer facebook's wrath.

FB can only challenge if somebody steal their source code and then make a clone of it.

There is nothing as such - its just like another website having some similarities with facebook. Overall its a very different site hopefully designed from scratch so there is no question of challenging this site
Facebook is a registered trademark as such Facebook can sue millatfacebook.Not only is the domain infringement of Facebook trademark the design is also a rip off.Their site is a recipe for disaster just waiting for cease and desist.

millatfacebook is trade mark violation? to some extend the design similarities, name No, since they've added millat before facebook no one can file for trade mark violations. Sue millatface book by facebook impossible.

There is a software and i have a list of more than 16 websites that are copy of facebook. That software is free and anyone can get it get a domain and start of with their own social networking website like facebook and brilliant idea to end monopoly, i understand some are pissed off at the copy of or similar sites like facebook but I think its a good positive start..how about pakfacebook.com lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom