What's new

Military strikes against Assad's Syria | Updates & Discussions.

Well too bad..He has to content himself with the X-box.

Republicans are always rearing to bomb Islamic countries, so no chances of them showing red signal.

Republicans just oppose whatever Obama does, that is their current policy, will be interesting what they do this time.

usa have no money for war and only uk and france will support usa at war.

I have already written my two Senators and my Representative and asked them to vote NO on a USA military strike against Syria. My Senators are both Democrats and my Representative is a Republican.

I have already written my two Senators and my Representative and asked them to vote NO on a USA military strike against Syria. My Senators are both Democrats and my Representative is a Republican.

Do you think Congress would give the green light for a military strike?

Republicans just oppose whatever Obama does, that is their current policy, will be interesting what they do this time.

Actually that is not true. Republicans have approved all of Obama's appointees to Government positions and to the Federal Courts. They have also voted to approve many, many laws that do not involve increased spending or government control over the economy. If you look at it objectively, Republicans only oppose Obama in about four areas:

(1) No new taxes. (2) Reduce the growth in spending, not the actual magnitude. (3) No universal federal control of medical care. (4) No new environmental regulations that reduce jobs and USA economic activity.

Do you think Congress would give the green light for a military strike?

I think it will depend on what the UN CW inspectors have to say. I think that in the absence of some international body confirming that a CW attack was made, and perhaps some UN denunciation (by Ban Ki-moon), the US Congress will be closely divided, both parties divided among themselves. I can't predict. I think it will be very, very close before the actual votes are taken. Once the direction of the outcome is apparent, then maybe fence sitters will jump to the winning side so that the result looks more one-sided than it actually is. If I guessed today I would guess Congress will say No.

let's see the proof that the Syrian government gassed civilians before declaring wars. Obomer only briefed congress on supposed 'proof' of Syrian government involvement but hasn't shared their information with Russia or the UN even when asked by Russia--easy to see why.

This look awfully familiar to Iraqi weapons of mass destruction claims and claims of Saddam being affiliated with Al Qaeda. In both instances congress was gullible and stupid enough to believe these claims even when other intelligence agencies refuted it. Congress is constantly lied to but too foolish to notice it.

Yes this is stupid. I do not support attack on Syria. The present govt. is better then the extremist morons who are opposing the govt.

What do you think, will Russia enter the war if Syria is attacked?

I think Russia will intervene as Russia has supported Syria very vocally. This could start a US/Russia war?

World war 3. Russia/China/India on one side. US/Nato on other side. !!

Victory - Russia/China/India clearly (without use of nukes) and end of US as super power.

If the USA goes to war against Syria, it will most probably be the first war after Vietnam where they will be going it alone..except for their stooges such as Israel and Saudi and Turkey who will offer no more than "we stand by you so go whoop that Syrian rear". Hopefully the USA will get another Vietnam in Syria. They deserve no less and hopefully more

will that make any difference? When US Decides,nothing Collides with its Decision....

If the USA goes to war against Syria, it will most probably be the first war after Vietnam where they will be going it alone..

The US did have allies in the Vietnam War: South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and the Republic of China (Taiwan).

The US did have allies in the Vietnam War: South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and the Republic of China (Taiwan).

And pray enlighten me ...how many body bags contained soldiers from those steadfast allies of the USA ?

will that make any difference? When US Decides,nothing Collides with its Decision....

Congress will vote No if enough Americans contact their Congressmen and ask them to vote No. If Congress votes No, Obama will not strike, he will blame Congress for letting Assad get away with using CW's.

Will enough Americans care enough to even make the effort? I don't know. Probably not .....

there is 0% probability of USA winning in Syria if Russia decide to intervene.

In other words whether US attacks or not US is going to loose in Syria.

Only way US could win is if Russia stays out and US attacks. This looks impossible.

US would be betting its own downfall if it goes in Syria. Like they say when time is bad, common sense goes for a toss.

US is seriously over estimating its ability, which is too bad for US.

I hope US stays out for Syria, Peace and US itself.

Congress will vote No if enough Americans contact their Congressmen and ask them to vote No. If Congress votes No, Obama will not strike, he will blame Congress for letting Assad get away with using CW's.

Will enough Americans care enough to even make the effort? I don't know. Probably not .....

I believe that it is now a given acceptance that your country will go to war against Syria. This will resolve all the issues which require to be resolved in the minds of your technocrats and bureauocrats. Iran can be sorted out via Syria. Russia can be sorted out via Syria. Syria can be like Iraq. We go in. We kick *** with our military power. We leave with limited resistance. The question remains...what if Syria remains another Vietnam or Afghanistan for you jerks ? I say "jerks" since that is all that the USA is when it comes to Syria. The rest of the world pays for it with a tumbling of oil prices and uncertainty of the global markets due to a bully not knowing where to stop ?

Back
Top Bottom