What's new

Military service for foreign nationals

Under_Dog

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi all, i am a 28 year old British male of Pakistani origin. I was wondering if there are any reserve forces units that i can join without having to relinquish my British nationality. I am too old to join as an officer so i would not be able to have to a career in Pakistan Army.
I want to be on the front lines if we ever have to go to war with India. Nothing against Indians, i have a lot of friends who are Indian.
I just want a chance to do my duty as a Muslim.

Hi all, i am a 28 year old British male of Pakistani origin. I was wondering if there are any reserve forces units that i can join without having to relinquish my British nationality. I am too old to join as an officer so i would not be able to have to a career in Pakistan Army.
I want to be on the front lines if we ever have to go to war with India. Nothing against Indians, i have a lot of friends who are Indian.
I just want a chance to do my duty as a Muslim.

Sorry to annoy many here but you don't join "to do my duty as a Muslim". That type duty is your religious faith which you should adhere to and pay true duty to.

You join the military for your nation not religion, that is in your case as a Pakistani.
Don't mix the two ideals.

Sorry to annoy many here but you don't join "to do my duty as a Muslim". That type duty is your religious faith which you should adhere to and pay true duty to.

One duty being to defend islam and muslims

You join the military for your nation not religion, that is in your case as a Pakistani.
Don't mix the two ideals.

I think you are wrong......The pakistani army has it roots in islam.
Pakistan was based on the idea that there must be a country for muslims,if that was not the case should we not have just stuck with india.

if that was the case then why should the OP still have british citizenship? if he yearns to serve pakistan then move back to pakistan and take up pakistani citizenship. do your "duty" to islam. Nothing to judge a person's character or resolve when they give up the citizenship of a 'western developed nation' and come back to mother land.

"You join the military for your nation not religion, that is in your case as a Pakistani. Don't mix the two ideals..."

That is a very deep and complex debate, but the important thing is that it is a personal decision and its his personal way of looking at things. Nothing wrong with that, so best you let it be my friend.

if that was the case then why should the OP still have british citizenship? if he yearns to serve pakistan then move back to pakistan and take up pakistani citizenship. do your "duty" to islam. Nothing to judge a person's character or resolve when they give up the citizenship of a 'western developed nation' and come back to mother land.

Non israeli jews serve in the israeli army without giving up there US-EU citizenship-passport.
During the 2WW americans of german decent fought for the germans and there must be plenty of other examples.

Non israeli jews serve in the israeli army without giving up there US-EU citizenship-passport.
During the 2WW americans of german decent fought for the germans and there must be plenty of other examples.

A lot of teens right after high school in the US go to israel to do a mandatory military service. The ***** indian member above is either not aware of the facts or just has problem with Islam/Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom