What's new

Pakistan: Dual Nationals Polling

Can Dual Nationals remain completely loyal always to Pakistan given their oath to another state?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
On this point from what I understand Muslims are not religiously obligated to pledge loyalty to a Muslim state - we are obligated to pledge loyalty to the Caliph.
Agreed.

What is your opinion on SOLEMN oaths as a Muslim be it written, spoken or otherwise?

Do you believe that for any economic or other selfish reasons, their has to be no Kuffara for any such Pledges etc?

(n case you are a non-muslim, please reply keeping in view your own religious teachings and ignore the Islamic lens)
I am a Muslim. Although, not a learned one. So, I am only giving my unlearned personal view.

Here's what I think. I think as a Muslim, morality should override any oaths. If I swear loyalty to another country, it's all good. But, when that country is in the wrong (morally speaking), let's say the Iraq War from the POV of an naturalized Pakistani-American muslim, then the oath doesn't hold any meaning. I should be against that wrong being committed, to the best of my ability.
This goes for single nationals like me as well. I am a Pakistani national. I am not bound by my loyalty to Pakistan to support its immoral and unjust acts.

This is all theoretical of course. In real life, there are incentives as well as consequences for certain actions.

I am particularly interested in the case where the loyalties are tested and comes into conflict between both stateS.
But this doesn't apply everywhere, I would say. Do you think a dual citizen Pakistani who's adopted country is hostile to Pakistan, is going to vote in a Pakistani election with some intent to harm Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom