What's new

Military Related Questions

The A Q Khan Research Labs developed MLRS:

Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories 122 mm (30-round) multiple rocket launcher system
Development/Description

The Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories multiple rocket launcher assembly has two groups of 122.4 mm calibre, 3.1 m long stainless steel rocket tubes arranged in three lines of five and mounted on a cradle. The assembly can either be vehicle mounted (for example, on an M35 series (6 x 6) truck as used by the Pakistan Army) or trailer mounted for towing.

The firing mechanism is an electric type which can either be operated from a fire-control box provided in the vehicle's cabin or from a sheltered position at a distance of some 50 to 60 m from the launcher using a remote-control device connected to the launcher by cable. The rockets can be launched singularly or in salvo. Traverse of the assembly is 180° with elevation limits being 0 to 55°. The latter can be either electrically or manually controlled. The rockets are of the standard 122 mm Grad fin-stabilised type and are produced by the Pakistan Ordnance Factories. Maximum range of the system is 20,380 metres.

Production. In service with the Pakistani Army.

COMPANY NAME : Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories
View attachment 216

Pakistani Army 122 mm (30-round) Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories
MRS mounted on an M35 series (6 x 6) truk

Allright if MuradK could explain the whole Longenwala debacle from the airforces side. The Army swears the the AF was told and did not come to 18 divs aid. Whats the AF take on this?

Allright if MuradK could explain the whole Longenwala debacle from the airforces side. The Army swears the the AF was told and did not come to 18 divs aid. Whats the AF take on this?

Sparten my boy you know more than I do so why dont you tell your fellow forum members what really happend that day.

We got thrased. 22 Cav lost 22 Tanks to IAF Hunters and Mysters. The Army has always claimed that the AF was in the know and no-showed. I just wanted to know what the airforce;s side of the story was.

Just curious sir. No disrespect ment.

During the 197 war, I had some friends working for Esso Fertilizer at Dharki and they claim that they were told that PAF planes will be flying over low. Instead IAF came and bombed the plant resulting in a few causualties. Also PAF was absent during PA attack on Jaiselmere front and the Armoured Brigade was left to fend for themselves.

Air Marshal Ayaz Ahmad has written that most of the PAF assets were dedicated to defend Air bases during both the wars and thus aid to PA units at the front was severely restricted.

One can understand that since no Air Arm has infinite resources, these have to be marshalled for optimum effect. PAF has always been short of men and material. Thus if an air base is under attack at the same time as army positions. PAF high command would probably choose to defend the air bases.

It is precisely due to this enigma that there is shift towards Unified Command such as now in India. Airforce will be ordered to aid a position which the unified command desires not what the Airforce prefers.

Naiz / Sparten
friends it was not PAF fault because General Tikka had the same mentality as some of them have it today that Army does not need PAF they can handle it. I still remember one of his out spoken remarks " We dont need baby sitters", It was all his fault first he divided the Command PAK army was doing well in the night but at Dusk time hunters showed up which he was not expecting. When the results came in to cover his own *** he said we called PAF and they never showed up.
I say if there were 2 Sabers that would made a lot of difference because the fighters would have gone for each other instead of taking there time and blowing PAK Tanks. They were sitting ducks , I have seen actuall footage of one of the hunters taking out Army tanks at
( RNDC)Royal National Defense College UK he missed the first time but the next time he turned around and he was so accurate that it hit the top Hatch of the tank. Tikka was trying to be General Patton not realising the our Desert/ India's Desret is not like Africa.
After this now you all can see that after 71 every year we have 3 to 4 war games combining Army and PAF.

1b300d381d187a5529d06c2fc849416c.gif

d6587002daf1adfe93457a3103ac79ba.gif

I remember reading some where that Russian engines require more maintenance as compare to there western counterparts!
What is the opinion of experts, when they compare the total life time, periodics and time required for maintenance of RD93 or AL31FN with PW or GE (F10/F101/404) etc.?
Does any one knows the MTBF of Russian engines under use in IAF and declared MTBF by respective Russian manufacturers, i.e. RD93 and AL31FN.
I want to compare modern Russian jet engines in general with western engines in terms of life time costs.

Thanks.

Which are the 3 longest range Fighter plane RADARs and 3 longest range AAMs?

Which are the 3 longest range Land based RADARs and 3 longest range SAMs?

Has any Russian Fighter plane downed any US Fighter Jet ever?

I remember reading some where that Russian engines require more maintenance as compare to there western counterparts!
What is the opinion of experts, when they compare the total life time, periodics and time required for maintenance of RD93 or AL31FN with PW or GE (F10/F101/404) etc.?
Does any one knows the MTBF of Russian engines under use in IAF and declared MTBF by respective Russian manufacturers, i.e. RD93 and AL31FN.
I want to compare modern Russian jet engines in general with western engines in terms of life time costs.

Thanks.

This is a fact.

The Russian engines powering the MKI (AL-31FP) have an MTBO (Mean Time between Overhaul) of 1K hours. That of the F-16 (PW or GE) is around 4K hours as an example. The difference is in the quality of the engineering and components. Russians make good stuff but the western engines are even better.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20070525.aspx
Russia always had problems building competitive engines. In order to get the power needed, they built engines that lasted only a fraction as long as Western engines. The Russian engines needed more maintenance, used more fuel and broke down more often.
:cheesy: If these statistics are true than Russian engines may have cost more!
I wonder if Chinese or Indian (future) engines will be better than Russian?

Damn..we're getting RD-93 for the JF-17. Whats the MTBO for this engine?

Don't worry Air Forces around the globe are full of old Russian engines and new RD93 should be better. :enjoy:
I hope in comming years Russia will improve and I expect chinese to come up with a better product.

Probably in the same league as the Russian engines (1K or a little less). With Russian engines, the key is the sparing. You have to have enough to sustain the training/operational tempo without getting bogged down by propulsion issues. US engine sparing is more costly.

As per information on web F-7PG in PAF service have WP-13F.
How does PAF rate there working with chinese engine.
I want to know more about running cost and MTBF / MTBO issues and comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom