What's new

Military Operation against TTP in N.Waziristan | Updates & Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It becomes believable if there is an Internet URL available and doesn't when there isn't one?
This sort of information is not thrown around in the media!

As expected.

You guys are good at conspiring new theories.

It becomes believable if there is an Internet URL available and doesn't when there isn't one?
This sort of information is not thrown around in the media!
He has a legit question. Situation in NW (as far as TTP fleeing into Afghanistan is concerned) has not changed. This was an inevitability then, it is an inevitability now. Had the Army taken action then, it was perhaps better than now, when the terrorists are stronger than ever. We are admitting that they cant be stopped from fleeing into Afghanistan but we should take the ground from them, raise a local FC and dig into the area. The same could have been done when NATO/ISAF asked us to cooperate with them. Our international image would have been better and we were not so much isolated and alienated as we are today. We are doing exactly what NATO/ISAF wanted us to do, but we are doing it when the NATO/ISAF are packing up, and we will get little to nothing in support of this operation from them. This is what we call in Urdu, so (100) pyaz and so (100) durray.

Last edited:
So ??Talking doesn't mean we differentiated them as good or bad Taliban and neither did Afghanistan used them as strategic depth.

It's old news when even NATO opined for that but it didn't work out so action followed.
India said the same thing last year when taliban opened an office in Qatar, we had a huge thread for that too. Why support peace talks with them?

This news suppose to be created much impact on readers worldwide, but somehow it seems like we read the news number of times way before that what will happens in Pakistan in 2013 and 2014. Everything seems like going by a book as planned by USA and NATO to free nukes. Anyway, let's hope common people won't suffer in this war.

He has a legit question. Situation in NW (as far as TTP fleeing into Afghanistan is concerned) has not changed. This was an inevitability then, it is an inevitability now. Had the Army taken action then, it was perhaps better than now, when the terrorists are stronger than ever. We are admitting that they cant be stopped from fleeing into Afghanistan but we should take the ground from them, raise a local FC and dig into the area. The same could have been done when NATO/ISAF asked us to cooperate with them. Our international image would have been better and we were not so much isolated and alienated as we are today. We are doing exactly what NATO/ISAF wanted us to do, but we are doing it when the NATO/ISAF are packing up, and we will get little to nothing in support of this operation from them. This is what we call in Urdu, so (100) pyaz and so (100) durray.

Cooperation works if both sides agree. NATO wants to leave and they were never willing to take on the Taliban in the toughest terrain for they feared large numbers of casualties. This would have been an ideal situation though.

As expected.

You guys are good at conspiring new theories.

You are free to choose whatever you want to believe. Doesn't change anything. Unfortunately everything doesn't exist on Wikipedia nor it requires a stamp of approval from you to be legit.

Peace

India said the same thing last year when taliban opened an office in Qatar, we had a huge thread for that too. Why support peace talks with them?
Yes,they had opened office in 2012.Why kill them if they can lay arm by talk ??That was the thought behind engaging them in talks.Don't compare it with your case where Taliban were classified as Good and Bad Taliban.

Cooperation works if both sides agree. NATO wants to leave and they were never willing to take on the Taliban in the toughest terrain for they feared large numbers of casualties. This would have been an ideal situation though.
Yes, you are right. I am not arguing on the point made by you. All I am saying is, had we had done the operation then, when NATO/ISAF were asking us to do, our international image would have been lot better than it is today. We would be in a position to say, well, we did our job but NATO/ISAF are not confronting with the terrorists on their side. At least, we could have sold (to international community) our operation in return of military hardware etc. Now we are doing the inevitable, but cant hope to have international community supporting us, since they don't have their stakes in, at least not like before when they had physical presence in Afghanistan.

Yes, you are right. I am not arguing on the point made by you. All I am saying is, had we had done the operation then, when NATO/ISAF were asking us to do, our international image would have been lot better than it is today. We would be in a position to say, well, we did our job but NATO/ISAF are not confronting with the terrorists on their side. At least, we could have sold (to international community) our operation in return of military hardware etc. Now we are doing the inevitable, but cant hope to have international community supporting us, since they don't have their stakes in, at least not like before when they had physical presence in Afghanistan.

NATO ISAF were asking as to go alone.

NATO ISAF were asking as to go alone.
Looks like we are not on the same page, you are not getting me or I am not getting you. They asked us to go alone or not, this is not the point. The point is, we should have gone into NW when international community urged us to do that. In that way, we would have at least some international support.

Looks like we are not on the same page, you are not getting me or I am not getting go.

My point is simple

Without cordoning off the Afghanistan side of the border, the operation in N.Waziristan will not be the knockout punch we want it to be. ISAF was never willing to do that, they wanted us to operate in NW without ISAF on the other side. The situation is still the same, when we hit them, they will install IEDs and run to Afghanistan, wait us out and come back.

لصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ
صلى الله عليه و سلم

May Allah bless the Pak Army to destroy these scum and their supporters like @Zarvan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom