What's new

Militants from Afghanistan attack post in Kurram | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India
PARACHINAR: Militants from Afghanistan attacked a checkpost in Patala area of lower Kurram near the Pak-Afghan border on Tuesday, killing a security personnel and kidnapping the other.

According to official sources, Nahid Gul was killed and Azeem Khan was kidnapped by militants. They said that five terrorists were also killed when security forces returned fire.

An operation against local militants has also been under way in Kurram Agency and security forces have cleared most areas of the Kurram agency of local militants, but they are still present in some areas of lower Kurram and central Kurram, blocking Thall-Parachinar road and creating shortage of life-saving drugs and food items for people of living in upper areas of Kurram Agency.

Militants from Afghanistan attack post in Kurram | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

A....es on afghan side were probably smokin hash n sleepin their azz off.

B...ds blame Pakistan all the time n dont do crap themselves.

You don't need to call it a breach, just say that the Pakistani soldiers were martyred defending their country from terrorists. I'll call it a breach if the Taliban attacks within Pakistan.

i have many stories on Kurram......just not enough time. It has been no stranger to incursions of terrorists from Afghan side. Kurram is surrounded by Afghanistan on 3 sides. It is easier than breathing to breach the border, and it seems that given the increasingly troublesome nature of what is going on -- ALL options should be layed out on the table. And that, in my opinion, would not be limited to clean-up operations across the border.

it is most unfortunate that the far better equipped and resourced NATO army(S) cannot prevent the incursions from that side, while whining constantly about alleged incursions from our side. This is beyond the point of RIDICULOUS.

under normal circumstances, Upper Kurram would be the most effected since it is only about 14 km from Tora Bora which is just over the mountains. You have the Pewar valley, very rocky and rugged terrain. Once they reach Parachinar or even close to Badama they have access to well-paved roads. The only thing that has kept the terrorists in check are the tribes in Upper Kurram Agency. Despite some blockade of supplies, they have taken up arms against the enemy and in fact they hold their ground every single time. I was a witness to one of these battles --there were approx. 17 heavily armed men; all of them I believe Arab origin. They were all killed after a firefight which left some locals injured from the cross-fires. This was 2006.

I'll call it a breach if the Taliban attacks within Pakistan.

They have been doing that for quite some time now. Plus I've been hearing of increasing attacks on Pakistani border posts from the taliban in Afghanistan. Obviously NATO and ANA need to change how the guard their side of the border

Back
Top Bottom