What's new

Militants attack Bannu jail, 400 inmates escape

Believe me all is done with consent......in my bedroom.

then I really feel for your martyr soldier!!!

Kindly practice what you preach, since OBL raid has nothing to do with the current scenario. !!

Just all about busting of reality that you were preaching about

" Originally Posted by Windjammer
And did any one ask for you to splash your brains here. It's our problem and we are determined to eradicate it."

So, you can buzz off sincerely.

It's really unbelievable -- this attack lasted for at least 2 hours and no reinforcements, nothing was called in for backup. Where was the "great" ISI? The "nuclear-armed" military? Not only were they unaware of the attack (who knows..) but they were also unable to send forces to fight back (even though they had enough time) and as usual, they did not kill and neither are they going to track and capture any of the attackers. There really is no justification for these failures.

Damn, these stealth helicopters beat us again! :meeting:

Oh.

Don't you think that is even worse?

If 150 militants target a jail to rescue only 20, there must be something special about those 20. Don't you think?

Yeah Adnan Rashid seems to be the most probable guy they wanted.

-- A chance to blackmail over WOT
-- Threat to India

win win situation for Pak either way.

Please make some sense. These people were jailed by Pakistan for fighting Pakistan, the militants that helped them escape exclusively fight Pakistan.

It's really unbelievable -- this attack lasted for at least 2 hours and no reinforcements, nothing was called in for backup. Where was the "great" ISI? The "nuclear-armed" military? Not only were they unaware of the attack (who knows..) but they were also unable to send forces to fight back (even though they had enough time) and as usual, they did not kill and neither are they going to track and capture any of the attackers. There really is no justification for these failures.

Damn, these stealth helicopters beat us again! :meeting:
Hey Clown It's a civil police station and it is not under jurisdiction of Armed Forces.You can blame them for OBL Operation or Mehran Attack but not this sh!t.

-
-- Threat to India
Yes get ready to hand over some dossiers lol.

Just goes on to prove that the Americans could have saved a huge amount of money on the OBL raid. The need for "stealth helicopters" against such opponents scream "overkill".

Tough luck barry....the quota man.

Our soldiers are our pride, but i guess you are incompetent to differentiate between some humour and the trials of life.
Here is a little lesson for you to comprehend.... until the Americans gate crashed into Afghanistan, there was no bed room story.

And did any one ask for you to splash your brains here. It's our problem and we are determined to eradicate it."

Read the highlighted part and determine who is the spare Dolly...so take a hike.

Hey Clown It's a civil police station and it is not under jurisdiction of Armed Forces.You can blame them for OBL Operation or Mehran Attack but not this sh!t.

Yes get ready to hand over some dossiers lol.

Hey moron, the Pakistani military takes an oath to protect and defend Pakistan. They can't sit there and do nothing. I don't care if Kayani had diarrhea and was stuck in the bathroom, there is no excuse for this. I don't think the civil police station can take care of a 150-militant-strong surprise attack. The WOT is not between the civil police stations and terrorists, alright?

Just goes on to prove that the Americans could have saved a huge amount of money on the OBL raid. The need for "stealth helicopters" against such opponents scream "overkill".

Tough luck barry....the quota man.

Why are Indians cheering on the militants? Or talking in congratulatory tone? Sick behavior. Take it somewhere else.

Taliban Commander: Hey guys, wanna go free 470 of our buddies at the local jail?
Taliban #1: Eh, yeah, why not? Let me just finish my tea.
Taliban #2: Hey, this sounds very exciting, but what about the security guards and police?
Taliban #1: Hahahaha! You are so funny sometimes.
Taliban #2: Fine, I'm sorry, that was stupid. But what about the military? They're powerful.
Taliban Commander: Hahaha! Seriously guys, enough with the jokes. Let's go!
Taliban #1 & #2: Allah-U-Akbar!!

Learn to respect the soldiers that are fighting for you, or just leave.

Please make some sense. These people were jailed by Pakistan for fighting Pakistan, the militants that helped them escape exclusively fight Pakistan.

Your comment even does not make sense. If these people were jailed by Pakistan during WOT(as many of brave soldiers got martyred), so How it become possible for them to evacuate so easily? Even some of your mates have mentioned that security was almost nill. They stayed for 2 hours there.

Hey moron, the Pakistani military takes an oath to protect and defend Pakistan. They can't sit there and do nothing. I don't care if Kayani had diarrhea and was stuck in the bathroom, there is no excuse for this. I don't think the civil police station can take care of a 150-militant-strong surprise attack. The WOT is not between the civil police stations and terrorists, alright?
Last i heard was that, maintaining jails was the duty of law enforcement agencies, not the security forces bar the Guantanomo Bay. !!

Why are Indians cheering on the militants? Or talking in congratulatory tone? Sick behavior. Take it somewhere else.

Learn to respect the soldiers that are fighting for you, or just leave.

I respect the soldiers man -- but not the people that are controlling the soldiers.

Last i heard was that, maintaining jails was the duty of law enforcement agencies, not the security forces bar the Guantanomo Bay. !!

Okay, so we should have the military kill/capture terrorists, hand them over to the "law enforcement agencies" and hope for the best? If the terrorists escape, who cares, we'll capture them again. We might have a few of our soldiers die in the struggle, but hey, they're expendable right? (sarcasm)

Your comment even does not make sense. If these people were jailed by Pakistan during WOT(as many of brave soldiers got martyred), so How it become possible for them to evacuate so easily? Even some of your mates have mentioned that security was almost nill. They stayed for 2 hours there.

The security was light, it could have been an inside job from someone in the jail staff, or a screw up by the people who decide how much security is there to be.

It was a jail break, investigations would ensue. Search and retrieve ops would also ensue. Don't give us a collective headache with your wild guesses.

I respect the soldiers man -- but not the people that are controlling the soldiers.

Your joke was about the military, not just their COs.

Severe action must be taken immediately. This infestation must be stopped before it eats into the heart of our nation.
Invincible and Mech - you guys should try chilling out and not trying to troll guys - or do you like wearing pink?
Come on guys learn to debate without losing your cool - not good for the blood pressure. :azn:

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Nearly 400 prisoners including militants escaped early Sunday from a jail in northwestern Pakistan after an attack by insurgents armed with guns, grenades and rockets, officials said.
More than 150 heavily-armed Islamist militants (i approve cluster munitions :butcher:)stormed the central prison outside the restive northwestern town of Bannu bordering the lawless tribal regions where Taliban and Al-Qaeda linked militants are known to operate.

Ehsanullah Ehsan, spokesman for the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militant group claimed responsibility for the attack.

"We attacked the Bannu prison and got our special members freed," Ehsan told AFP.
"In a couple of days when all of them have reached their designated places we will issue details about them. At the moment I cannot give you exact numbers."

The attack started at around 1:00 am (2000 GMT Saturday) and continued for two hours, with militants in cars and pick-up trucks shooting and lobbing grenades to force their way into the prison, a security official told AFP.

"Some 384 prisoners, including some hardcore militants, have escaped during the attack," the official said, asking not to be named.
"Preliminary information suggests that there were some 944 prisoners in the jail according to the tally late Saturday."

Information minister for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, told AFP there were "at least 20 dangerous prisoners and some militants", among the escapees.

"We will investigate why militants were able to carry out such an attack successfully and what the security was doing," he said.

Hussain said the militants blocked all roads leading to the prison to delay the arrival of any reinforcements and targeted six barracks where "dangerous insurgents" were being kept.

Security forces cordoned off the area and arrested some of the escapees, while others returned voluntarily saying they had fled to avoid the gunfire, Hussain said.

A large number of militants had recently been moved to the jail from neighbouring Kohat and Lakki Marwat prisons, which are being converted into centres to rehabilitate former insurgents, the security official said.

A former member of the airforce sentenced to death for an attack on former president Pervez Musharraf was among the escaped militants, he said.

Adnan Rasheed was convicted after a bomb planted under a bridge in Rawalpindi near Islamabad in December 2003 exploded moments after the passing of Musharraf's motorcade. His appeal is pending before the Supreme Court.

Authorities have shut down the mobile phone network in the area and army troops along with paramilitary forces and police have launched a search operation in the area, he said.:tup:

Police confirmed the attack but did not give any figures for the escapees, saying they were still investigating.
Senior Bannu police official Iftikhar Khan told AFP that at least three police officials were wounded in the attack.

The attackers outnumbered the security forces at the prison and militants fled before reinforcements reached the jail, he said.

"Some five escapees have handed themelves over to authorities, while six others were arrested during the search," Khan said.

Pakistan's tribal districts near the Afghan border are rife with homegrown insurgents, Al-Qaeda operatives and Taliban, who are understood to use rear bases in Pakistan to plot attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.

The mountainous region lies outside direct government control and US drone strikes on militant commanders in the region are a key plank in the US strategy to defeat Al-Qaeda and reverse the insurgency in Afghanistan.

Islamist militants have killed more than 4,900 people across Pakistan since government troops raided an extremist mosque in Islamabad in July 2007.

AFP: Nearly 400 escape in Pakistan jailbreak

Back
Top Bottom