What's new

Milgem Corvette vs Type 56

milgem is classified as a corvette same as type 56, both are design for Littoral Waters. but you have to keep in mind that the milgem is also about 900 tons heavier which equal more weapons and etc.

I did read it as a fregat, if you say it is a corvette then is it a corvette. Misunderstanding my fault.

Normally larger ships have missile & torpedo magazines for reloads.
This corvette must have torpedo magazine, but not a missile magazine.

Mk 141 launcher fitted with RGM-85L (Harpoon Block II). There was two quadro launchers with a total of 8 missiles. But when we boarded on F-512 during the anniversary of Battle of Preveza, there was four missiles. It is like peacetime load.

Soon we hope by 2016, RGM-84Ls will start to be replaced by new Atmaca SSM.

i wish Azerbaijan could also purchase Milgem.. then we will have better stance in Caspian sea.. But, our president is afraid of Russia.. @@

huh? Azerbaijan bought 12 Patrol Boats and OPVs with the possibility of purchasing Corvettes from Israel

it was revealed Azerbaijan was negotiating with Turkey over the construction of Naval Shipyard and Milgems
I don't think Milgem is a good choice , we need something with more firepower and Milgem is intended for bigger navies
that have the luxury of giving them a specific role while Azerbaijan needs multi role corvettes

huh? Azerbaijan bought 12 Patrol Boats and OPVs with the possibility of purchasing Corvettes from Israel

it was revealed Azerbaijan was negotiating with Turkey over the construction of Naval Shipyard and Milgems
I don't think Milgem is a good choice , we need something with more firepower and Milgem is intended for bigger navies
that have the luxury of giving them a specific role while Azerbaijan needs multi role corvettes

How much more multirole can you find then the Milgem?

These two ships like high end smart phone and middle end one the first one expensive and packed with lots of features while the second one cheaper but any way do the job.

would adding some fast Assault boat with the current PN fleet be more suitable for Littoral Waters, considering bigger ship will have a high opeartion and maintenance cost.

more or less equivalent with our SIGMA PKR class......

Better than any solution available for our brothers...
When I was in the whites, it became the dream assignment for internship of all midshipmen. From what I experienced in first hand aboard the first ship of the class isn't the SH-60 Seahawk and Harpoon Block II capabilities but the EW suites, sensors and CMS.

ram-2.jpg

o4whQrG.jpg

CMS.jpg

rooms2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom