What's new

Milgem class Corvette of Bangladesh Navy

Costs
Baynunah (UAE)-$137 million

I have had a glimpse of this ship once near Abu Dhabi's Mina port, along with a french helicopter carrier. The latter was probably on a goodwill visit or something...could not get close as i was driving.

This Baynunah is a stylish ship, it goes simply amazing by looks...an Abu Dhabi company is building 6 of them but it is not yet operational. Going through combat and platform system trials.

Baynunahbig.jpg

Cheers!!!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I don't know about others, but I prefer US equipment :P

Attached strings are a pain in the a$$ dude!

Cheers!!!

lol admiral Zabanya Sir, i recommend you to buy this :devil: ...

800px-USS_Independence_LCS-2_at_pierce_%28cropped%29.jpg

Man, I just facerolled...:alcoholic:

Cheers!!!

Well, we are a small country and historically posed no challenge to the US or anything.

It is just that US equipment are the cutting edge of technology. We won't find any better, unless you are talking about aliens :P

I have had a glimpse of this ship once near Abu Dhabi's Mina port, along with a french helicopter carrier. The latter was probably on a goodwill visit or something...could not get close as i was driving.

This Baynunah is a stylish ship, it goes simply amazing by looks...an Abu Dhabi company is building 6 of them but it is not yet operational. Going through combat and platform system trials.

Baynunahbig.jpg

Cheers!!!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Cheers!!!

yeah 6 ships for 850 million. Very cost effective..

Not by default.

By default Milgem corvette can accomodate upto a Sea Hawk helo and a UAV.

There is a difference in these two statements.

However the buyers can keep whatever they want.

This ship is offered to countries like Pakistan and Ukraine who doesn't use sea HAWK.

So what is your logic if one wants this ship buy a sea hawk first?

GB

Well, Looks like we have to wait for many years. Most probably this addition of 12-16 corvetts is not a rumor, but only a plan of Bangladesh navy... Bangladesh navy is building patrol vessels now.. And i heard measures are being taken to acquire capability for building heavy ships... If this project goes successful they would probably sign joint deal with corvette manufacturing country most probably Milgem... And it is after 2015.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom