What's new

MiG 35 : Not be underestimated

That's it! With upg Mig 27 & 29, Su 30 Mki, coming Pak Fa we have enough fighters to rely on Russia. MRCA must be some western that makes IAF less reliable on one partner and gives us more new stuff, AESA radar, SC engines, new weapons, or EWS like Spectra.
Mig 35 might be a good aircraft, but it gives us only AESA radar as a new feature, we already have Russian weapons and TVC so that can't be the best way to go.

I disagree. A plane is a platform. The whole thing should cut the best deal for the IAF and for it's requirements. Not just one or two things. How do we fight sanctions? At least Russians have never sanctioned us. There were problems of spares in the past but that was due to USSR's break up rather than the unwillingness on anyone's part. I am not saying Mig-35 is the winner. All I am saying is that I do not see Mig-35 as outright loser in this bid as well.
In MHO, it is the Super Hornets and the Gripens that probably are in the last rung of competition as competitors.

Regards,
Anoop.

no doubt about the planes is best out of best but can u post some pics of the jet

I disagree. A plane is a platform. The whole thing should cut the best deal for the IAF and for it's requirements. Not just one or two things.

That's what I meant, Mig 35 provides us only one or two things (AESA and as a package much ToT), but Rafale offers that all too + new western techs like meteor, or Spectra EWS. EF is one of the best fighters right now and is offered with a full partnership that also will give us much access to the best western techs. These offers will improve IAF and it's capabilities much more then to have only more Russian stuff that we already have.
I see Rafale in front cause it's the best package (a good fighter, full ToT + source codes, meteor, Spectra, carrier capabilities, price per unit should be better then EF and we don't have to build up new logistics), and then maybe EF. Also France was a reliable partner in the past and could be a good partner for future co developments (fighters, subs, carriers, tanks...) like we do with Russia.

That's what I meant, Mig 35 provides us only one or two things (AESA and as a package much ToT), but Rafale offers that all too + new western techs like meteor, or Spectra EWS. EF is one of the best fighters right now and is offered with a full partnership that also will give us much access to the best western techs.

Frankly I do not know much about Mig-35. It came out of nowhere into the picture and I await more information on it.

These offers will improve IAF and it's capabilities much more then to have only more Russian stuff that we already have.

How? We may already have Russian technology filling our Airbases to the brim but that is a different point altogether. We have to choose the best platform for our needs. Whether it is Russian / European / American how does it matter?

I see Rafale in front cause it's the best package (a good fighter, full ToT + source codes, meteor, Spectra, carrier capabilities, price per unit should be better then EF and we don't have to build up new logistics), and then maybe EF.

Why do you think it's the best package. :) I am not saying it is not nor am I saying it is. But just would like to know why do you say that. Let's have a healthy discussion on this :)

Also France was a reliable partner in the past and could be a good partner for future co developments (fighters, subs, carriers, tanks...) like we do with Russia.

There is never a reliable partner in the international scheme of things. A nation always goes by what it deems necessary at that point in time.

Regards,
Anoop.

Get the Rafaels !!! I have even heard typhoons are being closely discussed even with such a high price tag.

I think its most likely that Russians will not win. Not by a long shot. Just too many factors against the MiG 35, and not the least being MoD and the IN being pis over the Gorshkov issue.

The French are the only serious competitor other than the Russians.

If you think you're getting the EF you're going to be sorely dissapointed. They are having immense problems with India's ridiculous IO terms in the MRCA to address serious deficiencies in their defence industry. It's completely unheard of to require that level of IO in this kind of open competition.

nor the mig-35 nor typhoon will be selected . its either rafale or f-18 ( weaker candidate ) .
typhoon - ridiculously high cost , not medium but heavy class fighter
mig-35 - russian , we will have to think of some other country now . cant give all the contracts to russians . but i think that if india didnt have mki then it would have definitely gone for mig-35 .

How? We may already have Russian technology filling our Airbases to the brim but that is a different point altogether. We have to choose the best platform for our needs. Whether it is Russian / European / American how does it matter?

For example Rafale, or EF gives us more variety in weapons (EU and US) that we can use for different missions, if we get another Russion fighter the weapons will still be the same.
Or in case of ToT it would be much better for us to get knowledge of western techs, then get Mig 35 ToT. We use Mig 29 for years, know the aircraft pretty good and will surely get some knowledge of their latest techs through Pak Fa coop. Also if we really consider to go for MCA (or other future fighter), any new knowledge that helps to fill the lack of experience is good for us.

Why do you think it's the best package. :) I am not saying it is not nor am I saying it is. But just would like to know why do you say that. Let's have a healthy discussion on this :)

Originally Posted by sancho
I see Rafale in front cause it's the best package (a good fighter, full ToT + source codes, meteor, Spectra, carrier capabilities, price per unit should be better then EF and we don't have to build up new logistics), and then maybe EF.
[/QUOTE]

And if you just compare the fighters, I think it has the best multi role capabilities. Very agile with canards and low weight, plus low RCS benefits a2a role, also the most weapon stations and payload makes it good for a2g role. It might not be the best in one of this roles (imo EF for a2a and F18SH for a2g) but it fits perfectly in between of them, or LCA and SU 30 Mki of IAF.

Like I said before, Mig 35 gives IAF much to less that would worth the $40Mil per unit because except AESA radar, Mig 29 and Su 30 Mki are offering anything else right now.

The French are the only serious competitor other than the Russians.

If you think you're getting the EF you're going to be sorely dissapointed. They are having immense problems with India's ridiculous IO terms in the MRCA to address serious deficiencies in their defence industry. It's completely unheard of to require that level of IO in this kind of open competition.

On the other hand the EF member countries have serious funding problems right now, most of them are considering to reduce their original order. So a new member with enough money would be warmly welcomed.

the mig 35 is the most maneovarable modern day aircraft with 3-D tvc
allowin g complete 360 degree movable.this means it has extreme maneoverility.the f-22 has maneuverability less than the basic mig 29A.
besides the mig 35 has much improved modern weapons and avionics than the f-22.the f-22 is no match for the mig-35.why the hell the indian government is not buying the mig-35?

1b074ac088f087586f1acfa2fed6a75f.jpg

the mig 35 is the most maneovarable modern day aircraft with 3-D tvc
allowin g complete 360 degree movable.this means it has extreme maneoverility.the f-22 has maneuverability less than the basic mig 29A.
besides the mig 35 has much improved modern weapons and avionics than the f-22.the f-22 is no match for the mig-35.why the hell the indian government is not buying the mig-35?

because the government dont fall for ADs so easily and know that a F-22 with annihilate a mig-35 599 out of 600 engagements?

But still F-18 seems to top mrca

Last edited by a moderator:
i think mig 35 will be the best bet for india..russia is the only country which provides india with sophisticated hardware n technology that no else can..americans r not to be trusted...EF n RAFALE is too expensive.just a guess though:coffee::coffee:

Back
Top Bottom