What's new

Mig-29k squadron to be called "black panthers"

marcos98

Reaction score
The Navy's brand new INAS 303 squadron is being christened "Black Panthers" and will get its first four MiG-29Ks in late October or early November. The squadron emblem (to the right) will be painted on the tails of all the MiG-29Ks is a snarling Black Panther, with a red mouth and nose, and yellow eyes. According to sources, there had been talk of naming the squadron "Sea Wolves", though the Navy finally took a call to name the squadron after a big cat, like the White Tigers squadron is.

Sources at Naval HQ indicate that Cdr Theophilus is likely to take over as the first Commanding Officer of the Black Panthers squadron. Cd Theophilus currently heads the Intensive Flying & Testing Unit (IFTU) that has been raised in anticipation of the MiG-29K.

tiger.JPG

them panthers will be flying these beauties...........go grrrrrrrr:yahoo::yahoo:

imgp3567.jpg
imgp3569.jpg

Thanks, You are a true "HINDU"!!!Maa Durga's rule is sonn coming on earth to rid it of all evils like ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY!!! JAI MAA DURGA !!! JAI HIND !!!

AOA Aero please introduce your self so we can welcome you.
enjoy your stay.:cheers:

Last edited:
The Navy's brand new INAS 303 squadron is being christened "Black Panthers" and will get its first four MiG-29Ks in late October or early November. The squadron emblem (to the right) will be painted on the tails of all the MiG-29Ks is a snarling Black Panther, with a red mouth and nose, and yellow eyes. According to sources, there had been talk of naming the squadron "Sea Wolves", though the Navy finally took a call to name the squadron after a big cat, like the White Tigers squadron is.

Sources at Naval HQ indicate that Cdr Theophilus is likely to take over as the first Commanding Officer of the Black Panthers squadron. Cd Theophilus currently heads the Intensive Flying & Testing Unit (IFTU) that has been raised in anticipation of the MiG-29K.

View attachment 4696

them panthers will be flying these beauties...........go grrrrrrrr:yahoo::yahoo:

View attachment 4697
View attachment 4698

Its a beautiful aircraft I have seen couple of demo in UK and France, I would love to fly one, Inshallah 1 day when I can spear $20000 for 1 hour. Please if you have more photos we would all love them.

Thanks, You are a true "HINDU"!!!Maa Durga's rule is sonn coming on earth to rid it of all evils like ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY!!! JAI MAA DURGA !!! JAI HIND !!!

Useless first post.

Although I do agree with you on one account, Jai Hind is right friend. :cheers:

Great pictures marcos98, the aircraft is simply beautiful. I just hope there are no delays. Any idea when we will get the remaining jets?

If my info is not wrong IAF planes to upgrade them first then get more, I would go for these puppies instead of SU-30s, They are more rugged and can take a lot of punishment, While SU-30 is not rugged at all you have to take care of them like babies. This just tells us technology doesn't make our lives easier it makes it more complicated.

Its a beautiful aircraft I have seen couple of demo in UK and France, I would love to fly one, Inshallah 1 day when I can spear $20000 for 1 hour. Please if you have more photos we would all love them .

1b43a61d358dd85d94002357b73557b3.jpg

b675006f3179b669043677f62eed2fb8.jpg

bbd8a1c90a344fd4398b90df33c31032.jpg

847ee936f8fd178620bf6aa7e4c5b8ce.jpg

fd8d8020949c9771dcc183f0b6a2f811.jpg

7796f5ffeefd7df3a32635ceba69c2e1.jpg

f451ad69c10f8312f200485210f0b208.jpg

what a useless post ! :disagree:

tip

Being a stupid isn't crime , but don't use it for your advantage !

btw welcome to the forum,have a nice day ! :cheers:

what a useless post ! :disagree:

tip

Being a stupid isn't crime , but don't use it for your advantage !

btw welcome to the forum,have a nice day ! :cheers:

Haha lol i like that response ! :cheers:

:thinktank: Mikoyan MiG-29K :mps:

*The new engine features a 7% higher power in comparison to the baseline model due to the usage of modern materials on the cooled blades.

*It retains the length and maximum diameter while increasing afterburner thrust to 9,000 kgf and dry weight to 1,145 kg.

* It also contains systems that reduce its infrared and optical visibility.

*Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours.

* remote control system.

*large-area (42 m² vs 38 m²) folding wing, adjustable center-line air intakes with retractable screens protecting the engines during operation from ground airfields.

*reinforced landing gear, hook, corrosion- protected reinforced fuselage made specifically for deck-based aircraft.

*featuring a new multi-function radar.

*a cockpit with monochrome display and use of the HOTAS (hands-on-throttle-and-stick) principle.

Last edited:
Nodoubt Mig 29 is a nice 4th generation bird, but engine is a problem.......It smokes and dont support much flying hours. It has 2 Klimov RD-33 turbofan engines (Its version is also used in JF-17). I heard in a news that India is going to start changing their engines by this year.

India has best piolts to operate Mig29 as Pakistan have best piolts for F-16.

It was also a good choice for PAF but PAF dont take 2win engine jets.

fefb5d54b0dc8b23ec57adc51f0a283e.jpg

Nodoubt Mig 29 is a nice 4th generation bird, but engine is a problem.......It smokes and dont support much flying hours. It has 2 Klimov RD-33 turbofan engines (Its version is also used in JF-17). I heard in a news that India is going to start changing their engines by this year.

India has best piolts to operate Mig29 as Pakistan have best piolts for F-16.

It was also a good choice for PAF but PAF dont take 2win engine jets.

fefb5d54b0dc8b23ec57adc51f0a283e.jpg

I think now Indian mig-29's use a revised model of RD-33 with a longer service life.Russia also gave HAL the license to manufacture 120 RD-33 series 3 turbojet engines for the upgrade.

LINK

The new engine features a 7% higher power in comparison to the baseline model due to the usage of modern materials on the cooled blades. It also has low infrared and optical visibility. The engine provides superior maneuverability and enhances the fighter's performance in close air engagements.

77876a26d3707c81c69deba0fc5b994b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom