What's new

MiG-29K night ops on INS Vikramditya [VIDEO]

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I'm pretty sure these haven't been posted before:

It is mind-boggling to me that they can actually carry out such ops in near pitch black conditions- you've got to have some serious b@lls to operate from a carrier at night!

+ How does that aviator recover from an arrested night landing on a carrier so quickly that he is ready to go for a nighttime take-off immediately after?? :o::o::cheesy::cheesy:

@Koovie @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @kurup @sancho @MilSpec @nair @Span @Gabriel92 @AUSTERLITZ @500 @Water Car Engineer @levina @Chanakya's_Chant @Capt.Popeye @Oscar @waz @ayesha.a @Neptune @bloo @special @Unknowncommando @jiki @janon @Indo-guy @IndoCarib @JanjaWeed @Guynextdoor2 @nik22 @nik141991 @Mike_Brando @nick_indian @Bang Galore @OrionHunter @Skull and Bones @45'22' @saurav @IND151 @SajeevJino @migflug @PARIKRAMA @Hindustani78 @gslv @cloud_9 @gslv mk3 @Manindra @manojb @Techy @Agent_47 @anant_s @Stephen Cohen @C130 @SRP @mike2000 is back @K M Cariappa @uparyupari @ni8mare @RISING SUN @Roybot @RoYaL~GuJJaR @kbd-raaf @kaku1 @Niks @SrNair @Major Shaitan Singh @Manindra @jarves @Ankit Kumar 001 @Juggernautjatt @danish_vij @sathya @Penguin @sudhir007 @noksss @WAR-rior @Zebra @sree45 @Echo_419 @nick_indian @jaatram @Marxist @SarthakGanguly @Soumitra @Bombaywalla @Android @CorporateAffairs @Stark @Star Wars @indianrabbit @indianBong @SvenSvensonov @Joe Shearer @Nihonjin1051 @Taygibay @thesolar65 @The_Sidewinder @The_Showstopper @Optimos Prime IA @ito @GURU DUTT @Srinivas @acetophenol @longewala @nForce @posedion @SR-91 @HariPrasad @GR!FF!N @JaiShriAllahNath @jaiind @Jai_Hind @kahonapyarhai @Kloitra @skynet @Suman @Indian Jatt @Shark2 @Bitter Melon @NKVD @Brahmos_2 @BDforever @ChennaiDude @Dash @Side-Winder @Omega007 @Supply&Demand @halupridol @vivINDIAN @micky

Last edited:
@Abingdonboy; any aircraft ops on Carriers is awe-inspiring, even more so night-time ops. Though I'd have one issue with a statement of yours: "you've got to have some serious b@lls to operate from a carrier at night!"
More than b@lls, one needs an extremely focussed br@in to operate from a Carrier at night!

That said: a Carrier Recovery (landing) is a tad bit more difficult than a Launch (Take-off).
Another thing: I'm inclined to believe that the SeaHawks and Alizes on the old INS Vikrant had it a bit more difficult on their night-time Recoveries.
All by "Eyeballs Mk.1"; without the aid of a TACAN and just on a single engine to depend on in case of a 'Bolter'.

For Aircraft carriers, during training the pilots are taught to land by looking only at their display panels and not out of the window. Its a difficult habit to break.

They pass the course only when that becomes a habit. Once you get used to it, it does not matter if its day or night.

i think it,s russian navy............any way great video. i enjoy this.

Though I'd have one issue with a statement of yours: "you've got to have some serious b@lls to operate from a carrier at night!"
More than b@lls, one needs an extremely focussed br@in to operate from a Carrier at night!
No doubt about it! I thought it went without saying that any fighter jock looking to get carrier qualified would have to be an exceptionally gifted aviator with ample capacity to manage such an unnatural task.

That said: a Carrier Recovery (landing) is a tad bit more difficult than a Launch (Take-off)
Indeed, pilots are, to an extent, merely passengers in the take-off but on the landing success is entirely dependant on their skill and judgment. They are also said to be incredibly uncomfortable affairs, being referred to as "controlled crashes" by naval aviators.

Another thing: I'm inclined to believe that the SeaHawks and Alizes on the old INS Vikrant had it a bit more difficult on their night-time Recoveries.
All by "Eyeballs Mk.1"; without the aid of a TACAN and just on a single engine to depend on in case of a 'Bolter'
Haha true, now those guys were just crazy!

i think it,s russian navy............any way great video. i enjoy this.
This is clearly the INS Vikramditya.

They pass the course only when that becomes a habit. Once you get used to it, it does not matter if its day or night.
I don't know about that, I've heard enough accounts from naval aviators (mostly USN and RN) that concede that there is something uniquely frightening about landing at night on a carrier. Of course they are trained to deal with it but they are still human and they will still harbour a level of apprehension as they should- if you remove fear one can get complacent.

The skills required are of highest order. I salute such pilots who are able to do such landings on carrier in nighttime.
It shows the high skill levels of IN pilots. Makes the nation feel more proud of them.

I don't know about that, I've heard enough accounts from naval aviators (mostly USN and RN) that concede that there is something uniquely frightening about landing at night on a carrier. Of course they are trained to deal with it but they are still human and they will still labour a level of apprehension as they should- if you remove fear one can get complacent.

You can google it up. It was the IN aviators who mentioned it during their interview after passing out of the US training program.

Of course its dangerous and scary, but they are trained to do it. They get certified when that fear is gone.

This is clearly the INS Vikramditya.

I don't know about that, I've heard enough accounts from naval aviators (mostly USN and RN) that concede that there is something uniquely frightening about landing at night on a carrier. Of course they are trained to deal with it but they are still human and they will still harbour a level of apprehension as they should- if you remove fear one can get complacent.

It is obviously the INS Vikramaditya.
While the Russians have put out the most videos related to the Ship; while IN has refrained from doing so, with reasons.

All of the Squadron Pilots will have to go through all of that to attain and maintain their DLQs.

Another thing: the "Meatball" does not show up in any of the instruments or MFDs so "Eyeball Mk.1" has not been rendered redundant yet.
Neither has "Flyco" and "LittleCo" become obsolete.

It is obviously the INS Vikramaditya.
While the Russians have put out the most videos related to the Ship; while IN has refrained from doing so, with reasons.
Indeed, since entering service the IN have been very hush-hush about the Viky, I had expected them to show her off extensively given the huge coverage the entire saga had garnered to that point. It fits with their overall policy to remain out of the limelight I guess.

no offence brother.
yes it,s INS Vikramditya. but i found the you tube link (Published on Mar 3, 2015)
from this web site (Пилотажная группа "Стрижи"
That's cool, I understand what you meant now.

--------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_nohw42VqsD1tjfjuco1_400.gif

tumblr_nohwdoDoiS1tjfjuco1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom