What's new

MiG-29K night ops on INS Vikramditya [VIDEO]

Kuznezow will have three steam catapults and can launch three twin engined fighter craft silmultanously.

latest versions of twin engines fighter craft and different other jets for anti naval warfare and surveilance will be installaed.

more than 50 aircraft.
I would like some more info if you have it on these plans mate. Where does the MiG-29K fit into these plans then as the RuN have just started receiving their own MiG-29Ks recently and the MiG-29K can't be launched from catapults.

brother dont feel bad about it, what if some idiot missed on it.......Russia still stands second to non.......Indians will always stand by Russia........as Russia has stood by us:-)

he is not idiot, he just forgotten to mention russia.

no problem

No offence intended guys I guess it was an omission on my part I was overstating the sporadic nature of Russian carrier operations in my own mind I guess.

The way around this is to launch with minimum fuel and maximum weapons load and then "top up" in the air from a "buddy refueller" (a MiG-29K in a tanker configuration) and then progress to the target.
Yeah, Mig-29k has that advantage of turning itself into a buddy tanker. But my doubt still remains that would reducing the fuel and maximizing the weapon load help?? afaik increasing the weight of the aircraft(be it fuel or weapon load) would result in fatigue of aircraft during ski jumps. Isnt it?

This is a shortcoming of STOBAR though, hence why the IN are fixated on CATOBAR for the future.
True!
I read about it sometime back, that India is now eying American aircraft carriers.
Is it true that Chinese 've a single aircraft carrier?? (Just curious!!)

Last edited:
Yeah, Mig-29k has that advantage of turning itself into a buddy tanker. But my doubt still remains that would reducing the fuel and maximizing the weapon load help?? afaik increases the weight of the aircraft(be it fuel or weapon load) would result in fatigue of aircraft. Isnt it?

True!
I read about it sometime back, that India is now eying American aircraft carriers.
Not the carriers, But the EMALS system.

And yes Chinese do have an AC. Though it's Chinese maal,
so
Chale to chaand tak, Na chale to raat tak bhi nahi.:rofl:

Yeah, Mig-29k has that advantage of turning itself into a buddy tanker. But my doubt still remains that would reducing the fuel and maximizing the weapon load help?? afaik increases the weight of the aircraft(be it fuel or weapon load) would result in fatigue of aircraft. Isnt it?
The fatigue should be negligible to be honest, the issue would be landing with full weight because of the immense force incurred by slamming into the deck at speed and an arrested landing but this is moot anyway because a fighter would never land with at full fuel/weapons load as the arrestor cables couldn't handle it. This is why all naval fighters have a fuel dump system and would jettison its weapons.

True!

Right now the Chinese only have a single carrier yes, they are said to be making more but I haven't seen much evidence of this and they are still trying to get to grips with the one they have. They, unlike India, have almost no one to turn to for assistance in carrier operations, design and construction. India not only has 5 decades of continuous experience in carrier ops but can turn to the world's leading ship and carrier builders and operators for assistance where necessary.

+ The DAC recently (on Wednesday) cleared the project for IAC-2 which will be CATOBAR configured. And India isn't eying American carriers but specific carrier tech, for instance, EMALS which is said to be on the table for India.

The fatigue should be negligible to be honest, the issue would be landing with full weight because of the immense force injured by slamming into the deck at speed and an arrested landing but this is moot anyway because a fighter would never land with at full fuel/weapons load as the arrestor cables couldn't handle it. This is why all naval fighters have a fuel dump system and would jettison its weapons.

Right now the Chinese only have a single carrier yes, they are said to be making more but I haven't seen much evidence of this and they are still trying to get to grips with the one they have. They, unlike India, have almost no one to turn to for assistance in carrier operations, design and construction. India not only has 5 decades of continuous experience in carrier ops but can turn to the world's leading ship and carrier builders and operators for assistance where necessary.

+ The DAC recently (on Wednesday) cleared the project for IAC-2 which will be CATOBAR configured. And India isn't eying American carriers but specific carrier tech, for instance, EMALS which is said to be on the table for India.
Na, Bhaiyya Na.

That slamming at full speed time and again is the same thing which causes fatigue, and it does have a big impact on fuselage. And it has a greater impact on all carrier borne fighters because of the environment too. The salt water vapors in the engine creates a bigger mess compared to Land based fighters.

That slamming at full speed time and again is the same thing which causes fatigue, and it does have a big impact on fuselage. And it has a greater impact on all carrier borne fighters because of the environment too. The salt water vapors in the engine creates a bigger mess compared to Land based fighters.
I was referring specifically to the effects taking off with a full load of weapons or fuel would have on the airframe. Yes the majority of the fatigue is incurred on landing but even here the fuel load and weapons load play an almost negligible part of the fatigue because a naval fighter will always be landing with the minimal amount of fuel/weapons load possible.

Not the carriers, But the EMALS system.
Right!
I read this ..." Former vice admiral Arun Kumar Singh said naval planners want a carrier that can launch heavier planes, and the only way to do that is from flat decks which U.S. carriers have instead of Russian "ski-jump" decks.
"The Americans, I believe, have said 'ok, we will help you design a ship and you also buy our catapults' to launch aircraft," he said. "

And such blunders can be expected from someone as dilettante as me. :)
And India isn't eying American carriers but specific carrier tech, for instance, EMALS which is said to be on the table for India.
Gotcha!

Neemo Neemo said:
And yes Chinese do have an AC. Though it's Chinese maal,
so
Chale to chaand tak, Na chale to raat tak bhi nahi.:rofl:
Never under-estimate your enemy. :angel:

Right!
I read this ..." Former vice admiral Arun Kumar Singh said naval planners want a carrier that can launch heavier planes, and the only way to do that is from flat decks which U.S. carriers have instead of Russian "ski-jump" decks.
"The Americans, I believe, have said 'ok, we will help you design a ship and you also buy our catapults' to launch aircraft," he said. "

And such blunders can be expected from someone as dilettante as me. :)

Gotcha!

Never under-estimate your enemy. :angel:
Enemy?:o:
Dude?o_O
I thought Hindi-Chini Bhai-bhai. Peace out.:victory1:

Forget the Brahmos

Very Few countries in Asia who possess the means to stop a KH 35 fired from MIG 29K.

So Uncle Chen's Frigate would be cut in half before he could finish his Chicken Chowmin.

I dont mind if you replace vowels in dude with an "I", but stop calling me dude. :confused:
ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

You're a sharp one @levina

Afaik I know China and India can 've cordial relations, but they can never be each other's bestie. :disagree:

Sometimes i wonder if your sarcasm is as worse as your frequent misuse of - 've. :hitwall:
I dont mind if you replace vowels in dude with an "I", but stop calling me dude. :confused:

Naah, I've got enough of Jiji on my own.:enjoy:
And they ain't 70 as you claimed yourself. :angel:
So there's no way i am gonna call you anything but dude.
I could call you Naani for a change. I miss her, Your sarcasm reminds me of her wrinkles(no-connection-though).

What's wrong with Dude anyway. It's not like it's sexist or something.:coffee:

Sometimes i wonder if your sarcasm is as worse as your frequent misuse of - 've. :hitwall:
Did you mean 've and 've nots?? :P
hahaha

Naah, I've got enough of Jiji on my own.:enjoy:
And they ain't 70 as you claimed yourself. :angel:
So there's no way i am gonna call you anything but dude.
I could call you Naani for a change. I miss her, Your sarcasm reminds me of her wrinkles(no-connection-though).

What's wrong with Dude anyway. It's not like it's sexist or something.:coffee:
whateva! 8-)
This is very :offpost:

I meant it with the upmost sincerity :D
I did not doubt you, but i do doubt my intelligence. Lol

Back
Top Bottom