What's new

MiG 29 Upgradation In Final Stage at 11 Base Repair Depot (11 BRD) Nashik

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy
Any idea about the cost of MKI overhaul ?
If newspaper reports are correct then its 194 MKi upgraded for $8Bn or approx $42 Mn for our individual MKI aircraft to super config

@Abingdonboy
If newspaper reports are correct about teh $8Bn figure for 194 jets then With sarcasm , I am saying this..
I hope some folks dont start and say that MKI costs us just Rs 358 Crs and upgrade if the report is correct then upgrade is 281 Crs per jet or 78% cost in MLU like the M2K deal.. lol

Assuming its full fleet of 272, its $30 mn again ppl will quote 57% MLU cost

Dont mind me i am just stating what obviously mainstream media and ppl point out and about to write articles

If newspaper reports are correct then its 194 MKi upgraded for $8Bn or approx $42 Mn for our individual MKI aircraft to super config

@Abingdonboy
If newspaper reports are correct about teh $8Bn figure for 194 jets then With sarcasm , I am saying this..
I hope some folks dont start and say that MKI costs us just Rs 358 Crs and upgrade if the report is correct then upgrade is 281 Crs per jet or 78% cost in MLU like the M2K deal.. lol

Dont mind me i am just stating what obviously mainstream media and ppl point out about to write articles

42 million USD per plane- Isn't that the price these were bought in 1st place- It seems upgraded MKI would be around the cost of Rafale- What about capabilities though-

42 million USD per plane- Isn't that the price these were bought in 1st place- It seems upgraded MKI would be around the cost of Rafale- What about capabilities though-

See you fell for it.. its the same we talked about Mirage upgrade as well..

Anyway OEM are the best place to get MLU and deep upgrades so cant run from that..

We need to understand what MLU has really.. We cannot have very deep upgrades as that will lead to massive downtime as well as more cost.. One good thing would be a better Al31 family engine only unless a newer al41 can be fitted without deep air intake changes to accommodate such a new engine..Same family engine with better life and serviceability would be good..

Capability, if the difference between Su35 and Su30 MKI as on today is say 100% , if we can narrow it down to cover 66% of the gap, i believe its much more than enough.. Implying 2/3 rd gap being covered.. Beyond this would require a much higher cost and in essence Super 30 MKI cannot be a bird which replaces a Su35 outright.

In broad sense, sensor fusion, a new AESA radar, RCS reduction, better engine life of same family, avionics upgrade, new mission computers, improved cockpit display, integration of new missiles, etc can be prime target which can be accommodated for such a amount..

See you fell for it.. its the same we talked about Mirage upgrade as well..

Anyway OEM are the best place to get MLU and deep upgrades so cant run from that..

We need to understand what MLU has really.. We cannot have very deep upgrades as that will lead to massive downtime as well as more cost.. One good thing would be a better Al31 family engine only unless a newer al41 can be fitted without deep air intake changes to accommodate such a new engine..Same family engine with better life and serviceability would be good..

Capability, if the difference between Su35 and Su30 MKI as on today is say 100% , if we can narrow it down to cover 66% of the gap, i believe its much more than enough.. Implying 2/3 rd gap being covered.. Beyond this would require a much higher cost and in essence Super 30 MKI cannot be a bird which replaces a Su35 outright.

In broad sense, sensor fusion, a new AESA radar, RCS reduction, better engine life of same family, avionics upgrade, new mission computers, improved cockpit display, integration of new missiles, etc can be prime target which can be accommodated for such a amount..

It was Just a sarcasm on the anti-rafale lobby- who at the top of their voices have been shouting how more Su30 would have been a better option-

I see there isn't much clarification over the upgrades- What I can make out is that they are planning a Mig29 like supply chain to keep availability at 70+%- Which was discussed when the last time Modi met Putin-

Would be looking forward to a detailed post on the super configuration-

@Abingdonboy

Dont mind me i am just stating what obviously mainstream media and ppl point out and about to write articles
I wouldn't read much in to 'super' upgrade reports. Requirement freeze and negotiation will only happen after FGFA signature. Simply because commonality between Super su and FGFA is common sense. You can't move forward without finalization of later. Radar/EW suites/cockpit/Mission computer/Common weapons etc will bring down cost of both projects in the long term. If photonics is a thing in phase 2 PAKFA, IAF would be in a very bad place to choose against GaN. Reports says it will be tested by 2018, I would wait till then for confirmation.

I was talking about overhaul cost not upgrade. @randomradio

Back
Top Bottom