What's new

MiG-23MF still easily prevails over most of the PAF

THE THING IS IT NEVER WAS ABOUT THE PLANES OR OBJECTS OF MILITARY TECHNOLOGY BUT THE THING THAT MATTERS IS "FAITH"... WE FIGHT FOR A PURPOSE AND THE RIGHT ONE! YOU GUYS LACK THAT WHICH MAKES YOU COWARD...
WE ARE THE PROTECTORS OF "ISLAM" THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD ALMIGHTY, WHAT DO YOU PROTECT??

we protect a country named "India" and a billion people formed it..

and we saw your "Right purpose" and your "Faith",which made you always "Win" time and again..now...STFU..

THE THING IS IT NEVER WAS ABOUT THE PLANES OR OBJECTS OF MILITARY TECHNOLOGY BUT THE THING THAT MATTERS IS "FAITH"... WE FIGHT FOR A PURPOSE AND THE RIGHT ONE! YOU GUYS LACK THAT WHICH MAKES YOU COWARD...
WE ARE THE PROTECTORS OF "ISLAM" :cheesy: THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD ALMIGHTY, WHAT DO YOU PROTECT??

Hey Welcome To forum, Enjoy Your Stay here just don't TROLL :coffee:

@OP F16 are Capable platforms and other older PAF fighters are getting replace by BVR capable JFT's. so i doubt if that IAF pilot is up to date. i ALSO doubt your credibility here.
Regards

Actually, Mig 23 is Past.........We have retired it:lol::P
Amusing to see Pakistanis tryng to compare PAF's best with a retired IAF fighter:lol:
Lol! Your compatriot started comparing 'mothballed' old Soviet MiG with current F-16s. Go to the first post.

In your drive to make fun of us, you end being laughed and ridiculed at :) :)

WE ARE THE PROTECTORS OF "ISLAM" THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD ALMIGHTY, WHAT DO YOU PROTECT??

ooops i was not aware that Islam needs protection(no intention to hurt any sentiment, but just trying to reply).
Ontopic, Every one likes and want to descrbe his thing as best. Even i define my car and bikes better than any one else. But the truth is new technenogy is always best. Any plane which comes with latest technolgy is built to kill the planes having old tech.

МиГ-29;3029303 said:
What ECM? Please provide neutral sources.

Do your own research on Peace gate I if you are interested..I have no time to elaborate.

МиГ-29;3028855 said:
Had a wonderful time chatting with one of the pilots from Tridents Squadron a couple of weeks back. This squadron switched to MiG-29B when it started arriving in the IAF in the 80s but he said that they were the first squadron to receive the MiG-23MF, India's first BVR missile capable fighter jet. So they were they first squadron to operate a BVR fighter in India's History and he was quite proud of it, although he wasn't there in the IAF during that time. Ironically he didn't give any info on the MiG-29B other than what is already known in the public domain since he didn't want to lose his job :D , but he spoke a lot about the MiG-23MF. His squadron, still closely follows the swing wing fighters which they once operated. He said even though the MiG-23MF was decommissioned, many were still mothballed - stored away to use during war-times incase the requirement to put them back into air arises. He said since most of the PAF currently are not BVR capable fighters, MiG-23MF would still easily prevail over them. He also said - "MiG-23MF was procured as an answer to PAF F-16 procurement. IAF pre-empted the PAF in acquiring the MiG-23MF before PAF got the F-16. Even though MiG-23MF was not made for dogfights, PAF F-16A are not BVR capable. Our squadron was trained basically to engage the F-16s in BVR, and if the BVR missile didn't score a hit, then finish them off using short range missiles while they were low on energy after avoiding the initial salvo of BVR missiles." They were specifically told to avoid guns combat as the MiG-23MF was not maneuverable against the PAF F-16. When asked about the R-23R, R-23T and R-60 hit probability, he didn't say anything except that those above mentioned missiles which the MiG-23 carries, or infact any Air-Air missiles for that matter, when stored properly under cold dry conditions would retain its lethality. Prolonged warmness or heat is the biggest killer of Air-Air missiles. A missile's effectiveness or lethality plummets if storage is not proper.
At last he said, he would love to fly the MiG-23MF if given the chance, but won't trade a MiG-29B for it.

Mi_G_23a.jpg

A MiG-23MF releasing a R-23 BVR Missile

Edit(almost forgot): Also from him, MiG-23MF doesn't have a likewise contemporary in the PAF, but is loosely analogous with China's J-8.
Too bad one PAF pilot can still defeat 50 of these

mods close the thread already.......What is it based on.... One guy who we dont even know if is a pilot or not or someone's imaginary friend telling him his wet dreams........ Seriously now we will discuss such news. What happend to the standard of this forum?

Lol! Your compatriot started comparing 'mothballed' old Soviet MiG with current F-16s.

Wrong, he said compared the the F16As of the past without BVR capability and not MLUs or B52s!

One Question , Why didn't your PAF planes came to rescue of your Army men when Indian planes dropping bombs on them? even your artillery units firing day and night to save them.

After Indian Mirage and MIG-29 Taken to sky your all F-16 was grounded after one sortie citing problems......

One Question , Why didn't your PAF planes came to rescue of your Army men when Indian planes dropping bombs on them? even your artillery units firing day and night to save them.

After Indian Mirage and MIG-29 Taken to sky your all F-16 was grounded after one sortie citing problems......

because IAF fighters locked one of the F-16 and they freaked out..as PAF F-16 isn't BVR capable(till now i think)..

F-16's weren't even BVR capable back then. Would have become lunch for our Migs
They probably never expected India to retaliate especially on the backdrop of nuclear tests. But the thrashing they received would have...................ummmmm.............changed nothing. There, people still believe that Kargil was a success, that India was given a bloody nose and yada yada yada.

I'm surprised by the great amount of disinformation campaigns going on around here. Very fascinating indeed.

because IAF fighters locked one of the F-16 and they freaked out..as PAF F-16 isn't BVR capable(till now i think)..

F-16's weren't even BVR capable back then. Would have become lunch for our Migs
They probably never expected India to retaliate especially on the backdrop of nuclear tests. But the thrashing they received would have...................ummmmm.............changed nothing. There, people still believe that Kargil was a success, that India was given a bloody nose and yada yada yada.
An ideal case of blind leading blind, no surprises that you lot are oblivious of the fact that it was a flight of MiG-29s that was locked and tailed by the PAF, it was only after the GCI warned them that they jinxed so violently, they almost ended up crashing into each other.

I'm surprised by the great amount of disinformation campaigns going on around here. Very fascinating indeed.

Do include India also. !!

VK Shashikumar: Pakistan still occupies four kargil peaks

Near Tiger Hill, Point 5353 still Pak-occupied - Indian Express

Back
Top Bottom