What's new

Mi 25 attack helicopter gifted by India to Afghanistan reaches Kabul, 3 more to follow

@FrenchPilot
Do you support NF in france?

I agree with most of their ideas i hope one day they'll get in power in France,we gave since 30-40 years chances to the two main parties and they miserably failed. (Increasing insecurity,immigration,unemployment rates,terrorism,debt! etc.).
-
I'd say let's try something new,this party has changed A LOT since Marine Le Pen took the control,but it is very hard to get ride of the stereotypes... If her father was still in control of this party,i really doubt it would have had the same success. (In the regional elections of 2010,they had 11% and in 2015 30% !)

I agree with most of their ideas i hope one day they'll get in power in France,we gave since 30-40 years chances to the two main parties and they miserably failed. (Increasing insecurity,immigration,unemployment rates,terrorism,debt! etc.).
-
I'd say let's try something new,this party has changed A LOT since Marine Le Pen took the control,but it is very hard to get ride of the stereotypes... If her father was still in control of this party,i really doubt it would have had the same success. (In the regional elections of 2010,they had 11% and in 2015 30% !)

I was surprised to see the success they got in the first round. But it was a pleasant surprise. We all do need a reality check. left/liberal parties have taken us for a ride for far too long. I pray French people vote for NF in the national election next time. liberally. We can't just sit on our collective @ss and watch our culture and values go in drain in the name of multiculturalism.

-

I watched an episode of VICE about NF. Their views are quite radical. But I guess you need them to pull France out of the sh!thole your govts policies have thrown you to. Islamist population of France wont be happy if NF claims power. Muslim youth seems to hate NF's Idiology, couple of guys said that it will be mean civil war , they emphasised on burning everything down & start over again.

Personally, I found Marine Le Pen to be quite a strong character. :coffee:

India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan

India has delivered three Mi 25 attack helicopters to Afghanistan, in what is seen as a shift in its strategy towards the strife-torn country.

Defence sources said that three such choppers have already been delivered to the Afghan government, which will boost its capability against Taliban terrorists.

The choppers were taken to Afghanistan in a C-17 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force, sources said.

Another helicopter is likely to be delivered next week.

While Afghanistan has repeatedly sought India's support in beefing up its military's fighting capability in terms of machinery, India had shied away till now.

The development came after the recent visit of Afghan National Security Adviser Mohammad Hanif Atmar to New Delhi.

Afghanistan has till now been dependent on the US air support in its operations against the Taliban.

However, with the American forces pulling out that country to a large extent, the Afghan forces will be using the Mi 25 now.

India delivers three Mi 25 choppers to Afghan | Business Standard News

I think before NaMo visits Mi25 would be pressed into service perhaps and a handing over ceremony may be done where NaMo completes the gifting part.

The choppers were taken to Afghanistan in a C-17 transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force, sources said.
@Capt.Popeye as I thought, the IAF handled the transporting.

I saw Pakistan was opposing this transfer of weapons. Anyone knows why?
Any efforts to boost the capabilties of the democratically elected government against their proxies (the Taliban) is seen as being against their interests. Pakistanis beleive that a democratic Afghanistan will inherenetly be more pro-India.

@Capt.Popeye as I thought, the IAF handled the transporting.

Any efforts to boost the capabilties of tge democratically elected government against their proxies (the Taliban) is seen as being against their interests. Pakistanis beleive that a democratic Afghanistan will inherenetly be more pro-India.

That is good news then.

Any efforts to boost the capabilties of tge democratically elected government against their proxies (the Taliban) is seen as being against their interests. Pakistanis beleive that a democratic Afghanistan will inherenetly be more pro-India.

This explanation sounds a bit shallow. There must be something deeper than that.

This explanation sounds a bit shallow. There must be something deeper than that.
It is a summarising of the games the Pakistanis have played in Afghanistan for about 3 decades now, look into the "strategic depth".

I saw Pakistan was opposing this transfer of weapons. Anyone knows why?

They were concerned on the possibility of these weapon systems getting used against them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom