What's new

MFN status will be given to India: Pakistan

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has assured the International Monetary Fund (IMF) of granting the most-favoured nation (MFN) status to India.

In a written assurance to the IMF, Pakistan said it was moving forward with eliminating the negative list on trade with India as part of its overall trade policy.

"We are moving forward with eliminating the negative list on trade with India and extending India most-favoured nation status, and shifting to 'sensitive list' under Safta (South Asia Free Trade Arrangement) regime to facilitate increased regional trade," Dawn newspaper on Saturday quoted finance minister Ishaq Dar as saying.

The Pakistan Peoples Party government announced on December 31, 2012, that it would grant MFN status to India but the commitment didn't materialize.

On August 12 this year, Dar had said that there was no immediate recommendation being considered to grant India the MFN status.

He said there was a need to normalize relations with India on a number of issues.

"There is no immediate consideration to grant India MFN status," he had told Geo TV.

MFN status will be given to India: Pakistan - The Times of India

ITS TIME INDIA MUST CANCEL MFN STATUS TO PAKISTAN ! ! !

How many more years will they drag this out? I've been hearing this imminent MFN status granting are being dangled by the Pakistani side since I joined in 2010 and I'm aware it's been going on much longer than that.

ITS TIME INDIA MUST CANCEL MFN STATUS TO PAKISTAN ! ! !

no man,,,think sensibly before u speak
it will benefit india immensly,there are ways of revenge but trade should go on especially when it will help us the most.

Even pakistan will benefit by exporting onions,cement etc

How many more years will they drag this out? I've been hearing this imminent MFN status granting are being dangled by the Pakistani side since I joined in 2010 and I'm aware it's been going on much longer than that.

wait for a week.........it will be cancelled again

But nawaz is a shrewed businessman and may actually let this happen

no man,,,think sensibly before u speak
it will benefit india immensly,there are ways of revenge but trade should go on especially when it will help us the most.

Even pakistan will benefit by exporting onions,cement etc
NONSENSE ! We gave mfn status decades ago !they are playing with India . India must cancell mfn status to pakistan . And Give MFN to pak if they want to give MFN status to India !

NONSENSE ! We gave mfn status decades ago !they are playing with India . India must cancell mfn status to pakistan . And Give MFN to pak if they want to give MFN status to India !

we are gonna benefit from this!!

Sounds a bit childish sir.

in these matters i think he is
in defence and all---------no

I don't know sir. I think on any major issue relating to India, the most powerful man in Pakistan will have his say.

I don't know sir. I think on any major issue relating to India, the most powerful man in Pakistan will have his say.

but trade is gonna benefit cash strapped pakistan too
sooner rather than later they will realize the benefit and industry there is also supportive of this move
plus trade will be through wagah so punjab benefits the most

And that gentlemen is their friend philosopher and guide - the great Hafiz Saeed and his gang of Yahoos! When he says, 'jump', everyone jumps! He has warned the Pakistani government against giving MFN status to India or else the consequences would be dire! So everyone seems to be quivering in their pants! It is the word of God! He hath spoken!!

But then the IMF has imposed this strict conditionality on Pakistan if they want those billions to bail out their economy from the mess it is in. It will now be interesting to see who wins - Hafiz Saeed or NS! :pop:

but trade is gonna benefit cash strapped pakistan too
sooner rather than later they will realize the benefit and industry there is also supportive of this move
plus trade will be through wagah so punjab benefits the most

My response would be- so??? As if the Pakistan Army gives two hoots. They've developed into a self-supporting entity that through its own business interests and industries can support itself. Holding India at an arm's length shores up their raison d'être.

And that gentlemen is their friend philosopher and guide - the great Hafiz Saeed and his gang of Yahoos! When he says, 'jump', everyone jumps! He has warned the Pakistani government against giving MFN status to India or else the consequences would be dire! So everyone seems to be quivering in their pants! It is the word of God! He hath spoken!!

But then the IMF has imposed this strict conditionality on Pakistan if they want those billions to bail out their economy from the mess it is in. It will now be interesting to see who wins - Hafiz Saeed or NS! :pop:

Maybe Hafiz is in the top 10 most powerful men in Pakistan but the number 1 is without a doubt Mr Kayani.

These things take time. Pakistan's government still has to convince it's opponents that granting MFN status to India would benefit Pakistan. Pakistani politics are very divisive when it comes to India.

This will happen, if not this year, then next.

images

images

_56248291_jex_1210031_de27-1.jpg

pt+6+nov+2011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom