What's new

Metro Stations Flooded in Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulz, Don't want to be on your nerves and will advice you to go through the link which you shared with me. The project should have been completed in 2013 and we are living in 2015. Is it not mismanagement ? You should not feel ashamed rather you should agree with me that there is a fault within the system. Moreover if I am not wrong then it should be the case every year during rainy season.

Good day to you too.

Did you read the document in its entirety?

So then you should now understand that the flooding in vulnerable parts of Rawalpindi such as as murree road occur due to the flooding of the nala lai?

Did you read about the EWS that Jica funded and how it is managed, no system is fool proof dear madam, perhaps you missed the part about the fact that storm drains become clogged with dust and debris that they are rendered useless.

Now the CCB can only clear so many drains and if people keep populating neighbourhoods that are near a flood zone than you will also have isolated pockets of tragedies such as what happened here.

Furthermore you are comparing the metro project to flood management? You do know that the twin cities officially flooded today right?

You know what happens when places flood, a metric ton of water comes rushing in and since the metro entrances include a subway walkway it is only natural that this will flood.

Now coming to the point of asking me to read that document, I don't need to since I actually wrote a pre audit assessment based on that report.

Thank you anyway.

Last edited:
Sir, go through different social media sites, and you will observe how this metro bus system has been criticized...calling bashing all sorts of names to such development projects...even some Rasputins here were enlightening us the real method of progress and development whom secret ingredients are only & only known by Legend Imran Khan..!! Just read post No 13 and observe how personal attacks are shamelessly used by PTI fanboys even here. !!
Let me just ask you a simple question....

When you give your money to someone to buy something and you "think" you got I dont know cheated ...would you go an pat the person who sold you the stuff or take out frustration and demand explanation?

The national treasury is not a personal bank...it is the money of almost 200 million people! Of course when some screw up happens, there will be 200 million different questions .....demanding explanation....

It is not like this metro was built with 10 Rs....it is also not like that this metro was the ONLY thing where that money could have been placed...Hence repeated questions regarding it is a norm....

And it is a serious question regarding engineering....CM of PUNJAB has not changed for a number of years...ENOUGH years to know the situation of the drainage of Punjab, right? Then how could this point be ignored...and before ANY project is started a thorough examination is done....even if it wasnt done, Punjab floods every year should have been taken into consideration ....

Now the question is simple....despite being in Punjab forever, if these people failed to notice BASICS how can we trust them further? That too with billions worth of projects?

If the project was a small one, like many other small projects .....a wrong here and there can be corrected but a mega project RUSHED and then thrown in our faces as a GIFT (not to mention it was our money) is a big insult!

This country hasn't seen any form of development other than Ayub Khan or Nawaz Sharif's eras.! I
This I agree....

I have defended again and again this mass transit project which was urgently needed even from the 90s era...! Why ? because i was the frequent traveler on Muree Road in that tin box loaded with 22 passengers along with 3 fully loaded 80 KG CNG cylinders in 45 degree C heat...! I know how humiliating it was to deal with such Budmash Wagon drivers and conductors on daily basis before i had my own car..! Just board on Toyota Hiace along with 20 others and have a trip from Pindi Saddar towards Islamabad...Aap ko din may taray na nazar aa jayen toh mujhay kahen...! But yes i agree that it's shameful to see such pathetic state of metro stations after just initial rains. !
This I also agree....not many are AGAINST the project but the MANAGEMENT...something that REALLY lacks and needs to be addressed on each level! literally....NOW its a pure blame game between the contractors and the management/ govt who each got their share in terms of money and praise and those suffering are the people whose money was used or shall I put it cheated and not given the best despite the amount spent!

NAWAZ SHAREEF TO HIS COMRADES
MUR MEERI GAL MAN LAOO
AIS WAARI FALSEYAAN DA SEASON LA LAOO

Nawaz Bonga to his comrades on the launching of the new train
Train aati hai Train jaati hai
Yeh barish museebat wailay he kioun aati hai

Nawaz Bonga to his Comrades
Kaheen drainge Jo ban jaatay bigarta kiya zamanay ka
khabar kiya thee Kay yeh anjaam ho ga lookaan nu phuddu laganay ka

Flooding is no big deal but what really hurts is even after spending Rs50 billion we get to see this. Otherwise i hold no grudge against metro.

I don't understand... aap logon ki problem kya hai agar 1 metro ticket ke saath swimming pool free mill raha hai? (pun intended)

I don't understand... aap logon ki problem kya hai agar 1 metro ticket ke saath swimming pool free mill raha hai? (pun intended)
You are most welcomed to take a dip....ONLY god knows what new diseases may also be discovered with that 1 metro ticket ;)

You are most welcomed to take a dip....ONLY god knows what new diseases may also be discovered with that 1 metro ticket ;)
aage konsa Pakistan main floods aur overflow of water nahi hota jo ab metro wali flooding se koi nai bemaari paida ho jaye gi... agar metro na hota tab bhi aise hi paani khara hona tha in ilaqon main...

aage konsa Pakistan main floods aur overflow of water nahi hota jo ab metro wali flooding se koi nai bemaari paida ho jaye gi... agar metro na hota tab bhi aise hi paani khara hona tha in ilaqon main...
So basically metro is just a bus service not a system....50 billion on a bus service is not worth it in my opinion....Daewoo mein laga ker usko local bus bana daytay :enjoy:

Such bataoun PPP ke paanch saal ke baad yeh development ka kaam mujhe ehsaan he lagta hai. Tub development tau door ki baat, GDP musalsal har atay saal aik percent se girr ri thi. Mulq ke maashi burhaan ko dekhtay huay Khan Sahib ko bhi full thund parrhi v thi.

Ganjoun ne aa kar kaam karna shuru kiya tau maslay pe masla. Kabhi dhaandli tau kabhi corruption tau kabhi kickbacks tau kabhi dharnay tau kabhi 71 puncture tau kabhi ECP aur Noon ki apas mein sazish...

Pakistan ko kamyaab-afta mulk banao apne hukumat ka saath do. PPP ke paanch saal dekh liyay chup kar ke tau ab shoar daalo magar ganjoun ko bhi paanch pooray karne do. Iss mulk ke saath bhot acha hona wa la hai Inshaallah, bashartay ke khan sahib ki shaadi Reham apa se barkarar rahe. Tootnay ke aglay din he long march ki announcement ho jaye gi. :sarcastic:

Bijli ki pedawaar aur education pe bhi khaas tawajo hai ganjoun ki. Pooray budget se sirf metro he nai aur bhi bhot cheezain bun ri hain.

bhai tumhare liye ehsan hoga gulaamana soch hai after all mere lyee mera tax money laga hai aur jo foreign remittances hum log bhej rahay hain pakistan last 40 years se us se bana hai

you didnt answered me its a common sense really a common sense to make a better drainage system in cities that to cities like pindi which are not small cities are well big cities with millions of citizens my friend if they had made the drainage system of pindi and used little sense in design of the metro this would not have happened after all its a fuking 50 billion rupee project at this cost we are seeing second time metro stations getting flood after rain falls lol :lol:

bhai problem sirf itnee hai Kay metro station Insanon Kay liyay banaya jaana chaiyay tha DADOOWON Kay liyay nahi.

bhai problem sirf itnee hai Kay metro station Insanon Kay liyay banaya jaana chaiyay tha DADOOWON Kay liyay nahi.
bhai daddu becharon ko insaano se compare kar ke unka naam mat kharab karo... wo hum logon ki tara zalim, corrupt aur qatil nahi hotay

Such bataoun PPP ke paanch saal ke baad yeh development ka kaam mujhe ehsaan he lagta hai.
That is really sickening ....You do know its their job to provide us the best after all they have been voted to do so .....Ehsaan tub ho ga when they stop looting the country with their own cuts....ehsan tub ho ga if they WILLINGLY without push and dragging feet opened the Swiss accounts or took over Zardari's estates as payment for what he looted and give freedom to the slaves he has enclosed there....

But even that would be termed THEIR duty not ehsaan....Ehsaan sirf Uppar walay ka hona cha hiyea that we are alive despite these filth making us think they are worth praising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom