What's new

Mental Health of our Soldiers & Civil-Military relation?

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I am seriously concerned about this behaviour which the solider showed towards this young man.

the soldier who did this, is not displaying a unique behaviour, its either "deliberate cultural" behaviour or result of the "long war" which results in psychological disorder, for the sake of discussion I will say its the later.

Secondly, I would recommend that concerned people to evaluate the psychological health of our soldiers, not only officers but also each and every soldier deserves to be provided with psychological treatment, every 6 month.

I understand that how tough circumstances can be under the war-zone, your reality is far more worst that ours, you guys experience, what we hear about.. therefore, psychological evaluation will improve the mind of soldiers.

Lastly, again and again we have emphasized here that accountability is the only way to reform and improve, such behaviour as in the video only poisons the military-civilian relationship..

Last edited by a moderator:
When did this happen?

Condemn-able act, no doubt.

If you folks think that I am going to defend every other thing like you folks without thinking, then you are mistaken.

And as Jazzbot said, it is a one off, no need to generalize...

i think general should meet this guy on tae or lunch with him and apologies to him abut this indecent . it will be good and punish solder too .

this soldier should be hanged in the same bazar... inorder to made a good image of our armed forces... justice is above all ... btw where is our iffi :woot:

Could be that soldier's individual behavior, lets not generalize it. Sad incident however..

you really think so?

brother war makes it impossible for them to be normal again, its brain dead type situation in their minds, they need psychological treatment, anything less than that would be unjust with these military personnel.

this soldier should be hanged in the same bazar... inorder to made a good image of our armed forces... justice is above all ... btw where is our iffi :woot:

where did you come from wild west or some tribal society?

you too along with that soldier need your head examined.. brotherly advice

This is nothing new and Pakistani Army is not the US army. We have no place for luxuries like PTSD in our military. If there is ever fight between civilians and military personnel, the military personnel will gang up and give civilians a good beating irrespective of the fact who is at fault. This is the culture and such events happen all the time. No big deal.

@Jazzbot @AstanoshKhan

@nuclearpak now you understand how things rot?

Most probably the soldier did not get his Eid holidays and was pissed at people who were busy and wandering around for Eid shopping while him being at the duty away from his loved ones. Anyway, this should not happen, but again, Armymen too are human beings with feelings and emotions, which at times gets out of control. The soldier or his high commander should apologise to this young man and settle the matter or the likes of Hamid Mir and Asthma Jehangir will have a field day in their talk shows over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably the soldier did not get his Eid holidays and was pissed at people who were busy and wandering around for Eid shopping while him being at the duty away from his loved ones. Anyway, this should not happen, but again, Armymen too are human beings with feelings and emotions, which at times gets out of control. The soldier or his high commander should apologise to this young man and settle the matter or the likes of Hamid Mir and Asthma Jehangir will have a field day in their talk shows over this.

and we must get our boys treated for psychological health, this whole war is costing us too much, a man must be physically healthy but also psychologically normal too..

and we must get our boys treated for psychological health, this whole war is costing us too much, a man must be physically healthy but also psychologically normal too..

There's another side to the story too. The institution of Army cares for its ranks... even the lowest paid non-gazzeted officer gets a roof over his head with access to education for his children and 3 meals a day... if still they have a reason to beat up ordinary civilians then the majority of the people who are living below the poverty line should have more of a reason to beat up a soldier or rob other people to make their ends meet... The Army will never make the culprit accountable to a civilian... I do not want to go back and discuss a rape case in Balochistan which was more severe... can you tell me where that female Doctor is now? and what punishment was given to the culprit? all I can say is that... "ALLAH Hm Pe Raham Karay".

There's another side to the story too. The institution of Army cares for its ranks... even the lowest paid non-gazzeted officer gets a roof over his head with access to education for his children and 3 meals a day... if still they have a reason to beat up ordinary civilians then the majority of the people who are living below the poverty line should have more of a reason to beat up a soldier or rob other people to make their ends meet... The Army will never make the culprit accountable to a civilian... I do not want to go back and discuss a rape case in Balochistan which was more severe... can you tell me where that female Doctor is now? and what punishment was given to the culprit? all I can say is that... "ALLAH Hm Pe Raham Karay".

Yes I remember that sad incident, they left for Canada, out of this land of holy cow !!

no accountability, sickening really !!

Back
Top Bottom