What's new

Men's fashion tips, clothing, watches, cologne etc

It would be better if ladies here reveal what kind of perfumes they like :)

ck-one
hugo energise

212 men

212 Men Carolina Herrera cologne - a fragrance for men

using it since 5 years
The expensive, yet an alluring fragrance oozing masculine charisma, seductive, yet infinitely subtle, 212 Men combines quiet confidence with deliberately seductive elements. A cosmopolitan composition of green peppercorns and sandalwood laced with fresh grapefruit and mandarin, rich gardenia and a musky incense base, 212 is confident, thick and alluring, launched in 1999.

The packaging offers a nice preview into what you can expect from the fragrance itself. The shape of the bottle is characterized by masculinity and unique appeal. There is a level of simplicity that is well complemented by the unique design of a cylindrical bottlemwith a matte grey silver finish.

Carolina Herrera’s 212 Men is inspired by the vitality of New York City. It is an elegant and sophisticated fragrance reflecting the confidence, style and acumen of the contemporary, urban guy. This fragrance is described as adding a brisk and strengthening touch to the original 212 Men.

Inspired by the energy and international allure of New York, 212 Men fragrance is impeccably attired in a bottle inspired by the world’s most refined objects. It is packaged in a carton of colors evoking those same key notes of energy, style, and panache.

Many colognes for men are too musky, too woodsy and simply too overwhelming or overbearing. If you’re one of those men who are looking for a scent that is mild yet provocative, then this is something for you. First off, since it is a mild perfume, you need not worry about it staining your clothes. And yet, it has been lauded in the market by users who enjoy the great value for money that the perfume offers due to its long-lasting scent.

The smell of the fragrance is excellent in quality. It has a predominantly spicy aroma but one that is original, such that you cannot quite compare with anything you have used before. Plus, there is an essence of mystery about the scent that will linger on the mind of anyone who happens to smell it. Some of the notes are truly unique; it has a lasting scent that prominent even after several hours. In fact, some users have claimed that the fragrance can last for an entire day. There is a unique blend of simple and exotic characteristic to the scent.

The scent opens with the masculine notes of grapefruit and spices. The heart of this contemporary fragrance is beating with tones of ginger and gardenia alongside the sensual base notes provided by sandalwood and musk. Sexy and sophisticated, the alluring scent of 212 for men is destined to be a classic. It’s so well blended that it gives the fragrance longevity, while staying unobtrusively in the background. This is an exceptional fragrance fromCaroline Herrera. The fragrance is suitable for men of all ages.

It is true that these make the 212 by Carolina Herrera for Men a very distinct and complex scent making it a very delightful perfume. In fact, it is even within the top twenty favorite perfumes based on many different cologne reviews.

For all the women’s out there, “You should buy him something you’d want to smell on him”

Guys, please enlist top3 recommendations and I will try them out

I would recommend the following:
Chanel Platinum Egoiste (Most versatile, day/night, summer/winter)
images

Polo Red
1157431_10200488338267722_2137246574_n.jpg

Spice Bomb (cool weather)
spicebomb-pub.jpg

And the one i currently use - Dior Homme
nd.13015.jpg

I also have Pure Malt which i also recommend (not daily use though)

a263215216806.jpg

For daily use, these are pretty expensive bro... I am not a millionaire :D

Some thing is wrong with your flag selection! :woot:

:what:

In my opinion, guys should NOT wear cologne. Daily shower w/ a nice moisturizing soap and exfoliating shower gel and long-lasting deodorant should do the job. Let your significant other wear perfume!:-)

I am allergic to most of the deodorants so don't use them :)

Last edited:
Always....
801M.jpg

Quite affordable for daily use.

View attachment 12952 Will be about three thousand rupees.

What's the brand name of the perfume/cologne? Bottle looks pretty weird though ;)

212 men

212 Men Carolina Herrera cologne - a fragrance for men

using it since 5 years

Guys, please enlist top3 recommendations and I will try them out

212 Men - price is at bit higher side however, I might go for it.

Now, I am literally confused on the selection part. I will compare the base notes of all suggested ones and then go for the purchase.

Last edited:
What's the brand name of the perfume/cologne? Bottle looks pretty weird though ;)
Jean Paul Gaultier

Well, one for day to day use is Cartier Declartion.

I notice a few mentioned it....but if it's for a man, it's a "cologne"...not "perfume."

Blue De Channel (A lot of people have asked me about this fragrance.Been using this as a summer/fall fragrance since its launch)
Terre D’Hermes (Winter fragrance)

Other considerations Kouros by YSL,Vera Wang for Men,The Beat for Men by Burberry.

I'm into Citrus/Spicy fragrances.

I notice a few mentioned it....but if it's for a man, it's a "cologne"...not "perfume."
AFAIK its got nothing to do with men or women.All Eau De Cologne are cheaper as they are diluted,most of the stuff posted here is Eau De Toilette while Eau De Parfums are freaking expensive.

Last edited:
AFAIK its got nothing to do with men or women.All Eau De Cologne are cheaper as they are diluted,most of the stuff posted here is Eau De Toulitte while Eau De Parfums are freaking expensive.

What are the differences between Eau De Toulitte and Eau De Parfums ?

What are the differences between Eau De Toulitte and Eau De Parfums ?
% of aromatic stuff.

By % of aromatic componds
Parfum (more hence strong and expensive) > Toulitte >Cologne (less)

Are both of you American? I speak British English. Deodorant is for armpits and bodyspray is, well for your body.

They generally mean the same thing.

Old%20Spice%20Whitewater%20Deodorant%20Body%20Spray.JPG

No sir, pure blood indian...and grew up speaking British English as well. Nevertheless, I do suppose having lived in th US, I could be using a different term for what you're speaking of.
At least in my time spent in India, there were body sprays and deodorants available, but always thought they were two different products with different uses. Never used a body spray, roll on deodorants only..

^^^^speaking of which...who remembers drakkar noir?!!

That's one dinosaur of a product!

esq-14-cologne-dolce---gabbana-pour-homme-072712-mdn-jpg_200541.jpg

Ferrari_Red_Cologne_by_Ferrari__02384.1375130713.1280.1280.jpg

BURBERRY%20THE%20BEAT.jpg

Some of the cologne I have used, currently I am using Ed hardy but it was a gift lol but I like it

67204M.jpg

Before you go out, take a good shower (means you apply soap 3x and leave it for a few minutes on so the skin absorbs the fragrance) with

absoluterelaxduschepalmmilky_art.jpg

if you are not a sweaty pig, you wont need perfume after this. IMHO, my 2 cents.....

It's just an ordinary liquid soap with ylang ylang extract, but it smells amazing. Ladies will notice it.

The one with milk and honey extract is also great.

2714855.jpg

I know soaps is not what you were looking for, i apologize, but with these two products i have been able to abandon everything but aftershave water/cologne.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom