What's new

Men for Arms

New Recruit

Reaction score
What we know is that in ancient times people used to teach their young ones the art of fighting. They tought them horse riding, sword fighting and archery etc. Children also learned it and felt proud getting excel in it. As they grew up they used the skills in serving. This is our history especially in Arab region.
But, what now we have in modern age is that young people are away from these kind of thiings. They play cricket or video games and now computers. Infact our elders have no tendency towards it. We still had it in modern shape i.e. NCC in our colleges. But it is eradicated now.
Now, if I analyse the reason. I find two basic reasons. First is that it is the age of specialization. You do what is ur field. If you want to use arms then go to forces like police army etc. The second reason is that it is the age of technology. You dont have to be involved physically in most of the matters specially in war time. Just push a button and the missile will be there on ur target.
Now the question is that if this policy is ever lasting or not. thanks

That's true. But there are many other factors to this. Children, especially in America, are now very violent mostly due to video and computer games.

aryan2007, Arab history for some people is not foreign. there are many family names, qureshi, siddiqi, farooqi, hashmi, alvi, osmani etc, which tells you that the person does not originally belong to sub continent rather it was the migration of his ancestors which has lead to his presence in this sub continental geographic area. Khurram Shahzad might be one of them and if its so then its his history for sure.

Our history in arab region?? your history is sub-continental in origin and Arab history is theirs.. Arab history for you is foreign..

if you cannot identify with your ancestral non muslim heritage even then the Islamic History for you, should be Sub-continental in origin mostly.

When I say it is our history, I speak in broader sense. It is our history as mankind. I read about Arab culture so I had one example. Yes, there must be other people doing so like Sikhs as u mentioned. Romans had this culture as well. These are footsteps of man. thanks

The point is why should we not include defence sutdies as a regular subject in our schools and colleges. The logic is that we teach Biology and Chemistry to produce future Doctors, Physics and Maths to produce future engineers. Why should we not teach Defence Studies to our students to produce future defenders. This is the age of professionalism and we should prepare professional defenders and explore the talent in early ages. It is a comprehensive plan if it is implemented. It will make the youth more patriot and prevent to go in wrong hands. It will enhance the self confidence which is the key to success in any field. It is a multi dimentional subject if it is included in curriculum. Its outline structure may be as under:
1. Its one chapter should include 'self defence'. It will include i _ physical and ii _ mental training and skill. Let see these two:-
Physical Training:- It is complete body fitness program. It includes exercises, sports, marshal arts and other techniques. It is all about physic defence, against germs inside and against the enemy outside the body. It will aslo increase self restrain and sacrifice for others as it is taught in marshal arts training. So a physical education teacher should also be a black belt.
Mental Training:- We should produce mentally balanced generation. A psychiatrist should be appointed as a teacher for this purpose to cure phenomenon of extremism. Besides that, one should have enough knowledge of ones past and present. We should defende our religion. It is possible when we have complete understanding of it. Comperative religion is the field neglected so far. Dr. Zakir Niak and his organization IRF ( Islamic Research Foundation ) is doing good work in this field. We should consult them in syllabus preparation. Inter-faith harmony and universal brotherhood are included in it.
2. Its second chapter should include 'First Aid' program. Our tragedy is that whenever some crisis happens, majority of our people stand idle and do not know what to do. Why should we wait for rescue team to come. Preliminary aid should be provided at once. A doctor should be appoint as a teacher for it. These two chapters should be compulsory one.
3. Its third chapter should include modern warfare techniques. A complete history of wars fought or being fought in the world. This chapter should be included rather in college level and should be optional for the students who plan to join forces. Obviously a military man should be appointed as its teacher.
So this is the outline. Twelve years of education life are enough for this. We should introduce all these things gradually from bottom to top. Let produce a useful nation. This is a practical work and it will star giving results after few years when two or three generations go through this process and come into practical life.

I believe that Pakistan should go away with just sticking with the minimum requirements of the education (i.e. only subjects that are issued by the government to be a must). We should now follow something like a high school diploma in the United States. You must have certain courses to graduate, but with it... you must have certain electives, and those electives can be of your choice for example (relating to your career). Such change will help students decide what they want to do in college, and also get a better understanding of things they like or might be interested in. Such as art, politics, defense, programming, intro engineering, web development etc..

This change will also pursue some students (who dont want to go to college) to actually go to college, and of course scholarships programs will help.

Its time to move forward, and i think we can do it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom