What's new

members, state your present occupation

name your general occupation

• Total voters
315/340 in gre (q:166/170, v: 149/170). Test consists of 2 sets of quants and verbal subjs. and the last section can either be quants or verbal, which will be randomly selected by the test software... not sure if they take best 2 of the 3 sections marks or average of the 3 section marks to calculate the total for that particular subject.

3 lac is standard in India.. but this year, job market was good many in my batch got placed in good companies with hefty packages... 3l has been the standard pay for more than a decade, while prices of almost all commodities raised over time..companies haven't raised the amount in accordance with the rise in inflation.

That is a good score in GRE.....especially quant. I think they also have a writing/analytical section now....no? I plan on taking GRE sometime in March 2016.

There are jobs available in India, that is a big thing itself....would you rather be unemployed and getting zero money and experience or take a job but crappy salary......salary packages are shyt in Pakistan too.....a typical offer is 45k per month or about 4-6lac per annum in decent companies (local or MNCs)....so adjusted for exchange rate parity, Pakistan i think is slightly better than India....just slightly....but it doesn't really matter because salary is crap anyway.
Meaning, i will have to save 2 month salary just to purchase an iPhone that will last only for a year before it is obsolete.......or i need to save about 6 months salary to buy myself a new golf set that i like.....which i am itching to buy. So it is painful.

LOL...

now everytime something will go south,you'll face trolling.. :rofl::rofl:
Things aren't bad as it seems I mostly work on CNC for now. But I accept that the package is quite low comparable to jobs of same cadre.

Anyway I'm preparing for ONGC now.

In the revised GRE the sections are adaptive, if you did first section of quant Well, next whole section on quant will be tougher and for every question you do right in it the weightage per question will be more as compared to section1. The fifth section is experimental and is mostly used to gather response data and future question testing. By the way, congrates, good score.

ty bhai.. :) I was aware only abt overview of the test and was not informed abt these details..:)

@Donatello this post might help you sir.

Be very careful with what you post.
Dude it's not like I've become an expert on Aeronautics now. I don't care and if you must know, I'm not and will not post here anything regarding work. They got us on scanner you know.

That is a good score in GRE.....especially quant. I think they also have a writing/analytical section now....no? I plan on taking GRE sometime in March 2016.

Thank you sir, yes there is an analytical writing test, where you are asked to write two essays: one analysing a given issue and the other on analysing a given argument, a single score on a scale of 6 is awarded by ETS after manually reading these essays.

btw, are you going for higher studies ?? if so, which field ?

but this is that business.....where you see a man dying in front of you or a 8 year old........you have to let go of the national non-sense and help someone as a human being..

indeed.

nice to know what you and your family do ( plus family friends, you said, in another thread, yes?? ).

Full time PDF janitor. :enjoy:

and a most needed line of work. :tup:

I had a thought about giving usmle but now a days IMG have tough times in residency and other things and even after doing specialization we have do it again in USA.

In India capable clinical PG doctors earn north of 1 lakh per month at starting and sky is the limit for the senior ones. Now a days incentive is much less and more tension for usmle residency. I am happy to stay in India as a doctor.

Information Security mercenary for hire depending upon who hires the the firm i work for .

Plastic surgery is good, but if you really wanna make some money and play with beautiful ladies :-)p) you gotta hit the golden sunshine coast of USA! No no, not the Santa Clara/Pasadena/Mountain View Silicon valley......but rather the LA Silicone Valley.

Thank you sir, yes there is an analytical writing test, where you are asked to write two essays: one analysing a given issue and the other on analysing a given argument, a single score on a scale of 6 is awarded by ETS after manually reading these essays.

btw, are you going for higher studies ?? if so, which field ?

Yes i plan to do higher studies, but only if i can get into a better university than the one i did my undergraduate from in UK.....and that will be tough. GRE i will give mostly to apply for USA based ones.
I am still confused as to what should i study...if i want to change my career field, then this is an important step. After engineering i can go into finance side as well, or legal as well. Or i can continue to study further in STEM fields and keep pulling my hair out
@Skull and Bones

Back
Top Bottom