What's new

members, state your present occupation

name your general occupation

• Total voters
Yes i plan to do higher studies, but only if i can get into a better university than the one i did my undergraduate from in UK.....and that will be tough. GRE i will give mostly to apply for USA based ones.
I am still confused as to what should i study...if i want to change my career field, then this is an important step. After engineering i can go into finance side as well, or legal as well. Or i can continue to study further in STEM fields and keep pulling my hair out
@Skull and Bones

STEM is the way to go, along with my PhD, Im also a small time investor, which I do because of hobby, and I get decent returns on my investment. Whatever you do, you should be connected to it.

STEM is the way to go, along with my PhD, Im also a small time investor, which I do because of hobby, and I get decent returns on my investment. Whatever you do, you should be connected to it.

See, i love science, math and engineering. I was in grade 2 when i built a small lab underneath my bed because we lived in a small house on rent and so i didn't have the luxury of building a dedicated space for my hobbies......opening up old cd rom drives, cassette players, pretty much all the junk in my house ended up there and me trying to make sense of what those copper looking coils were. I was playing with LEDs when i was 7, that is 1996, when in Pakistan most wouldn't know what those cool green or red lights are.
However, as i studied the same thing in college, it didn't seem interesting at all again. I switched from USA to UK in search of a better place, but no, it is the same. You can understand what i mean, right? The issue now i have is that i am starting to doubt the STEM field for a PhD level. It is good if you can be creative and get a project to commercialize or maybe a spin-off, but how many get to do that? Many do PhDs and get stuck as researchers in Academia or some who are good become tenured professors, write a book etc. And that for me is a dead end career. There are very few industries that hire PhDs...and they are all very tight. Like semiconductors. Because most engineering companies would like to have a PhD...but you'd start where that guy with just an undergrad degree started......so someone 5-7 years younger than you is at the same level as you.
Therefore, i am in an utter state of confusion at the moment. I would love to take on the semiconductors field, but it is mostly in the west and a very fast paced field.

Got bachelor of commerce from Toronto and moved to Pakistan for the first time in my life. Studying to get an MBA in Finance now. But my real passion is filmmaking and after I get my MBA I'm going to reform the Pakistani Film Industry :p

No not reform, more like create LOL :D just kidding !!!

I'm currently a senior in high school. I'm planning on going into aeronautical engineering. My major aim for the moment is PAF. If not that, i'll opt for college.

Always choose education, the rest can wait :P

Brother you are still here...what are you doing now(five years after you have posted the above post)

On 17 my exams for LLB final years are starting ... Left ACCA (my father considered it a "glorified clerical job"...

Got a flying license too.. Which is useless .. An of literally no value.

On 17 my exams for LLB final years are starting ... Left ACCA (my father considered it a "glorified clerical job"...

Got a flying license too.. Which is useless .. An of literally no value.
Good it mean you will be my shagird after completion of your LLB. :-D

Back
Top Bottom