What's new

Mehsud's Taliban planning US attack

sohailbutt

Reaction score
LAHORE: The commander of the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a deadly assault on a Pakistani police academy and said the group was planning an attack on the US capital.

Baitullah Mehsud, who has a 5 million US Dollar bounty on his head from the US, said Monday's attack outside the eastern city of Lahore was in retaliation for US missile strikes against militants along the Afghan border.

"Soon we will launch an attack in Washington that will amaze everyone in the world," Mehsud told The Associated Press by phone.

In the meantime, Pakistan's police force on Tuesday honoured the dead from the attack on the police academy.

Grieving relatives, friends and colleagues of the murdered officers gathered to pay their final respects to those slain in the line of duty.

The bodies of seven police officers lying in coffins draped with Pakistan's national flag were carried on the shoulders of their colleagues before being placed in a line together for mourners to offer prayers before.

Mehsud and other Pakistan Taliban militants are believed to be based in the country's lawless tribal areas near the border with Afghanistan, where they have stepped up their attacks throughout Pakistan.

The Pakistan Taliban leader also claimed responsibility for a suicide car bombing that killed four soldiers on Monday in Bannu district and a suicide attack targeting a police station in Islamabad last week that killed one officer.

Such attacks pose a major test for the weak, year-old civilian administration of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari that has been gripped with political turmoil in recent weeks.

The gunmen who attacked a police academy in Lahore on Monday killed seven police and two civilians, holding security forces at bay for about eight hours before being overpowered by Pakistani commandos.

Some of the attackers wore police uniforms, and they took hostages and tossed grenades during the assault.

Four suspected militants were arrested while at least three blew themselves up in Monday's battle, said a top government official in Punjab province.

The official said three other bodies were still unidentified.

The Interior Ministry chief said one of the arrested men was an Afghan, and that investigators believe the attack may have its roots along Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, where Taliban militants have hideouts.

But he also pointed fingers at a Punjab-based Sunni extremist group and refused to rule out an Indian role.

Earlier on Tuesday, a spokesman from a little-known militant group linked to the Pakistani Taliban also claimed credit for the police academy attack and a similar ambush-style attack against the Sri Lankan cricket team earlier this month in Lahore.

Omar Farooq, who said he is the spokesman for Fedayeen al-Islam, said the group would carry out more attacks unless Pakistani troops withdraw from tribal areas near the Afghan border and the US stops its drone strikes.

The group previously said it was behind the deadly September bombing of the Marriott hotel in Islamabad that killed 54 people.

Officials said more than 90 officers were wounded in the Lahore attack.

As the siege ended, black-clad Pakistani commandos fired their guns in the air in celebration at the top of the building.

Pakistan has endured scores of suicide bombings and other attacks in recent years, and it faces tremendous US pressure to eradicate al-Qaida and Taliban insurgents on its soil.

Most of the violence occurs along the country's northwest border with Afghanistan, but attacks have occurred in all the major cities. AGENCIES

.:: SAMAA - Mehsud's Taliban planning US attack

This bastard Mehsud should be assasinated by any means urgently because if he carries out attack on US then this may bring Pakistan in War with US and no one wants that to happen.:angry:

I think the crackdown on his group should be intensified and any members of his group killed on spot, these dirty pricks will ruin Pakistan forever if action is not taken now.:angry:

You cant take his comments lightly either.........................
very easy to get into US from certain parts of the continent.
lets just hope they spare their fellow muslims the humiliation
by not making good on their threat.

Maybe they should first attack the oppressive regimes in middle east first.

We all know mehsud is RAW-CIA product, nothing can happen without their permission.
Mehsud is officialy protected by US and is the biggest enemy of Pakistan.
He will only be killed if he threat to expose his links.

The problem now is that we are going to have problems much bigger that we could ve possible imagined. Think Beirut in the 80's. It is going to get worse.
these people are not just the enemies of Pakistan but muslims as well.
Killing their leaders wont stop them. Pakistan /Afghanistan are not Iraq.

We all know mehsud is RAW-CIA product, nothing can happen without their permission.
Mehsud is officialy protected by US and is the biggest enemy of Pakistan.
He will only be killed if he threat to expose his links.

Every thng in Pakistan is happnning right now is CIA-RAW conceparicy? Can you back up this statemnt or provide some sort of link that proves that CIA and RAW are behind mehsud? I am not saying that CIA and RAW not involved, to some extent they are but not in everything. Is it too hard to realize that this may be extremist who are in control. Blaming out siders is not going to solve anything. Is it too hard to understand that extremist are angry with PA and GOP because thier collaboration with US? After every drone attack that site becomse recruiting ground for Taliban, unlike you I will provide proof for this statement in coming days.

ur long lecture is useless...
thy havent so much power to attack US.

Mr. who u referin too?:what:

ur reading news, this aint my lecture hope u saw the reference at the end of the so called lecture of ur's.

i think u've got information wut they can do and not do so go on and tell us what they are capable of!

Now US must help Pakistan by giving Pakistan military all the equipment necessary to find Mehsud, its in interst of both countries.

Baitullah Mehsud is Osama Bin Laden for Pakistanis.

Now US must help Pakistan by giving Pakistan military all the equipment necessary to find Mehsud, its in interst of both countries.

Baitullah Mehsud is Osama Bin Laden for Pakistanis.

I agree, but im already seeing one key senator suggesting to congress that all aid should be cut and no military aid given unless PAK takes credible action against these bastards.:eek:

US aid is equal to drugs, the more they give their aid to our Nation the less the resistance of our politicians becomes to US policies which are evil regarding Pakistan.

I say let them stop their aid, we had enough aid of their's since 60 years of our independance, now it's time for us to see life from a point of view where we donot rely on US aid.:smokin:

and im sure without their aid our country will prosper because we will take matters much more seriously and make our corrupt politicians accountable for their actions.:angry:

I agree, but im already seeing one key senator suggesting to congress that all aid should be cut and no military aid given unless PAK takes credible action against these bastards.:eek:

US aid is equal to drugs, the more they give their aid to our Nation the less the resistance of our politicians becomes to US policies which are evil regarding Pakistan.

I say let them stop their aid, we had enough aid of their's since 60 years of our independance, now it's time for us to see life from a point of view where we donot rely on US aid.:smokin:

and im sure without their aid our country will prosper because we will take matters much more seriously and make our corrupt politicians accountable for their actions.:angry:

Awesome, grrrrrrrrrr8 Sohail !!! :tup:

Mr. who u referin too?:what:

ur reading news, this aint my lecture hope u saw the reference at the end of the so called lecture of ur's.

i think u've got information wut they can do and not do so go on and tell us what they are capable of!

i m the one living in FATA 3 days in a week.i can better know that who is who nd who does what.right?
ur news r too old i think..i m listening from 2007 (when taliban became active in swat) that taliban will attack on europ,US or UK..what happened till now?

If D.C. was attacked and Mehsud took credit for it, how would you feel? Admiration for Mehsud? A feeling that the U.S. deserved what it got? An urge to join Mehsud's organization, even though you suspect that you could be diverted to working against Pakistan instead?

If D.C. was attacked and Mehsud took credit for it, how would you feel? Admiration for Mehsud? A feeling that the U.S. deserved what it got? An urge to join Mehsud's organization, even though you suspect that you could be diverted to working against Pakistan instead?
Would you please stop visiting forums when you are drunk.We're not some sort of animals who are happy whenever US is attacked.I don't think our posts will change your mind anyways as you are a zionist and you think every Muslim is enemy.

Isn't this person supposedly dead? Why hasn't the US or the Pakistani's come out and confirm that he's alive. I'm sure they've got radio chatter on record to verify his vocal print in these new messages.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom