What's new

Mega oil city to be constructed in Gwadar under CPEC

Yes Pakistan is not small country but not bigger then US either . US SPR reserve facility Bryan Mound is a 500-acre site which currently holds 245 million barrels of crude (2.1 million barrels below its design storage capacity) in 19 operational storage and in India Jamnahar facility complex as of 2013; consisting of manufacturing and allied facilities, utilities, off-sites, port facilities and a township (415 acres of land) with housing for its 2,500 employees, results in over 7,500 acres(3,000 ha; 11.7 sq mi) = 30,000,000 m2. This area, if overlaid on Mumbai or London, would cover more than one-third of either city's landmass. But 80000 acre means 323 Sq Km.
So I think Chinese are claiming more land they actually needed. If you compare it with your Baharia town Karachi project which is on 23000 acre land for residing 1000000 people you can have 4 Baharia town like residential area for 4000000 people .
Oil storage for China.
Processing for Pakistan.

You think China would process anywhere else?

Yes Pakistan is not small country but not bigger then US either . US SPR reserve facility Bryan Mound is a 500-acre site which currently holds 245 million barrels of crude (2.1 million barrels below its design storage capacity) in 19 operational storage and in India Jamnahar facility complex as of 2013; consisting of manufacturing and allied facilities, utilities, off-sites, port facilities and a township (415 acres of land) with housing for its 2,500 employees, results in over 7,500 acres(3,000 ha; 11.7 sq mi) = 30,000,000 m2. This area, if overlaid on Mumbai or London, would cover more than one-third of either city's landmass. But 80000 acre means 323 Sq Km.
So I think Chinese are claiming more land they actually needed. If you compare it with your Baharia town Karachi project which is on 23000 acre land for residing 1000000 people you can have 4 Baharia town like residential area for 4000000 people .
Ok sir I am no expert on the topic, I hope you ll pardon my ignorance.

جس کھیت سے دہقاں کو میسر نہ ہو روزی
اس کھیت کے ہر خوشہ گندم کو جلا دو

Pakistan needs extraordinary efforts to employ more than 25 million youth with handsome packages to deal with unemployment issues. If CPEC is a project to employ the students passed out from top universities with influence and heavy family backgrounds as managers and executive cadre officers, then it is of no use for Pakistan.

It is a real decline when students with M.Phil and PhD degrees are applying for Grade-1 and Grade-9 government jobs and striving for earning even 150-200$ a month. No defense and CPEC can heal the wounds of unemployed youth facing abuses even after getting 16-18 years of education.

Only 17% of total oil imports to China will be through Gwadar ( required for its western provinces)... That is not a huge quantity...
Less then 17%. Where do you get that figure. It could be as low as 2%. All this talk of "oil route to China" is hot air.

We should concentrate to explore oil & gas at gawader region, as the whole area is rich with oil & gas..

I think they are.... Here is today's news.... It all starts with research and exploration:

China, Pakistan conduct joint research in Indian Ocean
NEWS, PAKISTAN-CHINA
JANUARY 22, 2018 | LEAVE A COMMENT
5-15.jpg

Beijing – Scientists from China and Pakistan take a group photo on the Chinese research vessel Shiyan 3 during a joint expedition in the Makran Trench in the northern Indian Ocean, Jan 19, 2018. Eight Pakistani scientists are on the vessel for the first joint expedition in the northern Indian Ocean.

"Monitoring Desk"

80000 acre is too much for just a oil processing city for small country like Pakistan. It could be 8000 acre.
However any investment is welcome if it's benefits both sides unroll now we don't know how much China will pay compare to it take away from CPEC project.
View attachment 449304

It Will House Multiple Complex Oil Refineries and Oil Storages In The Region

Back
Top Bottom