What's new

Meezan Bank Announces to only do International Dollar Transactions on Open Market Rates @ Rs. 252

I was waiting for RS to crash so that I can buy discounted property in Pakistan but they way things are going it seems like whole country is gonna crash. Now I am looking across the pond in Dubai.
Still wouldn’t be good to buy property after crash
Hold for few years

Don't know about which memon party you are referring here but on ground situation is that business need 3-5 billion $ to pay for their import LCs which they can't due to shortage of $ in banking sector, so all are rushing to open market and Hundi-Hawala market plus Inward foreign remittance from banking channels are dropping while smuggling of $ to IRAN & AFGHANISTAN is still open and could not be stoped through conventional methods.

So we are in a situation where we not only have search $ for our own needs but also struggle against Afghan & Iranian mafia gangs for the purchase of $ within our own country, so in short either we have to abandon $ for any of our future International trade contracts or have to declare Bankruptcy within 2 months.
Another disaster media is not covering. Massive fertilizer smuggling in Afghanistan. Because it's cheap in Pakistan compared to Afghanistan, due to govt subsidies. Our dealers sell to Afghans. But govt is silent.

Still wouldn’t be good to buy property after crash
Hold for few years
Within weeks, Prices will Catch up to devalued rupee or in other words increased dollar equivalent, because everything is imported in Pakistan.

Don't know about which memon party you are referring here but on ground situation is that business need 3-5 billion $ to pay for their import LCs which they can't due to shortage of $ in banking sector, so all are rushing to open market and Hundi-Hawala market plus Inward foreign remittance from banking channels are dropping while smuggling of $ to IRAN & AFGHANISTAN is still open and could not be stoped through conventional methods.

So we are in a situation where we not only have search $ for our own needs but also struggle against Afghan & Iranian mafia gangs for the purchase of $ within our own country, so in short either we have to abandon $ for any of our future International trade contracts or have to declare Bankruptcy within 2 months.
Importers are losing confidence in SBP. This may lead to shortages even if foreign exchange becomes available.

Importers wary despite lifting of restrictions​

63ae0842377bf.jpg

that I know. I just wanted to confirm if the guy who pays me will be getting the open market rate for his USD? Is that the case?
He's the one with the payoneer account and the draws into into his PKR account and then gives me my share.
That applies to buying usd for inward they will do at interbank rate - charges.

I hope its clear.

Back
Top Bottom