What's new

Meet the first Muslim woman in space

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motto is from a religious text. Text revered by many devout hindus. Would it have been placed there if it were from the Quran ?

I do not know of a single hindu who is devoted to that particular text . If quran would have originated in India we would picked something similar from quran as well as motto .

The motto is from a religious text. Text revered by many devout hindus. Would it have been placed there if it were from the Quran ?

What kind of an idiot are you?
It is there because it was adopted as the "Indian motto". Like "Jan Gan Man" was adopted as our national anthem and not any hymn. Like "Saare Jahaan se Achha" is played for the defence forces. Like the national flag is not a Hindu emblem etc etc..

If India was Saudi Arabia, then it would have maybe something from the Quran as it's national motto, and then it would be on it's missile because it's the national motto.

Entiende?

So according to your logic, if somebody says 'Love your neighbour as yourself" It is christian?

I would definitely say he is inspired by Christians. They are the ones who quote it the most. Why not use a similar proverb from the Vedas. I am sure it is there. You should read it more often

Other way around is also true .

As soon as world sees Islamist terrorist attacks Muslims start shouting from the top of their lungs "they are not muslims !! , This is not Islam" and as soon as a muslim succeeds "First muslim in space , first muslim in Antarctica, First muslim on everest , first muslim under sea ".

Stop being hypocrites .

Peace :) .

Rightttttt. See when Muslims defend themselves people like you have issue & when don't there's still issues.

What kind of an idiot are you?
The kind of idiot who can see through your double standards when it comes to Islam. Now relying on personal attacks really?
My job here is done :lol:

The kind of idiot who can see through your double standards when it comes Islam. Now relying on personal attacks really?
My job here is done :lol:

You cannot differentiate between something adopted as a national motto and blatant religious branding and tagging... You expect me to clap for that instead of calling that person an idiot?

The woman should have been identified as the first iranian woman in space. Do you get it now.. or should a kindergarten teacher break it down for you??

The woman should have been identified as the first iranian woman in space

Why do you have a problem with her as being identified as a Muslim? So much hatred for Islam? Would you have made posts like this if the astronaut/cosmonaut in question was Jewish? Would you have seen red then?

As for her being Iranian she had to compromise with NASA about the flag on her shoulder patch

Why do you have a problem with her as being identified as a Muslim? So much hatred for Islam? Would you have made posts like this if the astronaut/cosmonaut in question was Jewish? Would you have seen red then?

As for her being Iranian she had to compromise with NASA about the flag on her shoulder patch

I have a problem with religious branding!!! This kind of branding is what spreads division among people. It's an identification system that is based on fantasy and only results in the opposite of progress. If anything, it promotes bigotry and ingrains more backwardness in people. Leave this crap in the holy lands of earth..

You have people in Pakistan who have never seen Jews or interacted with them, yet they cry and riot in the name of israel.. Do you understand what I'm getting at??

If the astronaut /cosmonaut was Jewish. He wouldn't have been identified as such!!! If he was, I would rant against that as well. If in the future the right wing decides to Hinduize space, I will rant against that..

Most Hindus have not read the Vedas let alone the Mandukya Upanishad. Hell. Most wont even know there is a Mandukya Upanishad

If the origin of texts don't matter why not quote the Bible (since the Quran is out of the question)
john-8-32-bible-verse.jpg

If the origin of texts don't matter why not quote the Bible (since the Quran is out of the question)
john-8-32-bible-verse.jpg

Because most people in India are familiar with quote Satyameva Jayate rather than the above mentioned?? and Satyameva Jayate is of Indian origins??

and yeah.. about hatred for Islam? Just because one is critical about some practices and argues with a follower doesn't directly mean : HATRED!!!
You know why you think in absolutes and separate viewpoints as such?? Ding Ding Ding!!! Religion.. The black and white morality that it abides by and coerces you to pursue. There is nothing in the middle.

Rightttttt. See when Muslims defend themselves people like you have issue & when don't there's still issues.

At the very least please try to make sense when you respond so that I can comprehend it and respond .

Anyways I think you are talking about "attack on Muslims" .

What most Muslims and even non Muslims fail to understand is that attacking an ideology is not attacking the people who follow it .

Attacking Islam is not equivalent to attacking Muslims.
Attacking Hinduism is not equivalent to attacking Hindus.
Attacking Christianity is not equivalent to attacking Christians.
Attacking Buddhism is not equivalent to attacking Buddhists.

When someone attacks an Ideology nobody gets hurt ( except emotions of some believers ) . When people following an ideology start attacking ... well the history is full of examples .

I have a problem with religious branding!!! This kind of branding is what spreads division among people. It's an identification system that is based on fantasy and only results in the opposite of progress. If anything, it promotes bigotry and ingrains more backwardness in people. Leave this crap in the holy lands of earth..

If you think all religions are based on fantasy including the ones followed in India then that is your opinion and your entitled to it. Not everyone agrees with you.

You have people in Pakistan who have never seen Jews or interacted with them, yet they cry and riot in the name of Israel.. Do you understand what I'm getting at??

Then why did India not recognise Israel before 1992?

If the astronaut /cosmonaut was Jewish. He wouldn't have been identified as such!!! If he was, I would rant against that as well. If in the future the right wing decides to Hinduize space, I will rant against that..
Don't hindus claim to be be pioneers of space flight based on their religious texts? Do you believe in that?

Because most people in India are familiar with quote Satyameva Jayate rather than the above mentioned?? and Satyameva Jayate is of Indian origins??

The poinIt that quote is of Indian religious origin. Basically what you are saying is all religion is rubbish but our rubbish is better than yours so we can use it but don't dare use yours because yours is backwards

and yeah.. about hatred for Islam? Just because one is critical about some practices and argues with a follower doesn't directly mean : HATRED!!

So you critical thinking is reserved for all things anti Islam. Why not come out clean admit you hate all things Islamic.

You know why you think in absolutes and separate viewpoints as such?? Ding Ding Ding!!! Religion.. The black and white morality that it abides by and coerces you to pursue. There is nothing in the middle.

Like I said before since you believe religion is the root of all evils I merely suggested that the quote below Indian emblem be removed from all Indian spacecraft and a more secular text be quoted so you can pioneer the movement of removing all religion from future space flights ... Agreed?

If you think all religions are based on fantasy including the ones followed in India then that is your opinion and your entitled to it. Not everyone agrees with you.

Don't hindus claim to be be pioneers of space flight based on their religious texts? Do you believe in that?

The poinIt that quote is of Indian religious origin. Basically what you are saying is all religion is rubbish but our rubbish is better than yours so we can use it but don't dare use yours because yours is backwards

So you critical thinking is reserved for all things anti Islam. Why not come out clean admit you hate all things Islamic.

Like I said before since you believe religion is the root of all evils I merely suggested that the quote below Indian emblem be removed from all Indian spacecraft and a more secular text be quoted so you can pioneer the movement of removing all religion from future space flights ... Agreed?

Indian political policy based on support for Palestinian people and appeasement. Completely unrelated to bigotry without seeing that is widely observable on pdf.

Out of a population of about 1 billion Hindus, maybe a few million know what you are talking about and even fewer believe in it. I do not believe in anything until and unless it's proven scientifically. I'm a research scientist by profession.

The point is that quote is of Indian origin. Not indian religious origin. I have given you examples of other symbols and emblems of national significance that have nothing to do with Hinduism, yet you conveniently forget that because it doesn't suit your agenda. If it originates in India, then we use it. It is as simple as that.
Who said our rubbish is better that your? and where is the use of religious symbolism or taking quotes from there? It is about religious branding and tagging that we are talking about.

Again you manage to come to wild conclusions without any understanding whatsoever. My critical thinking is reserved for everything that's not reasonable. This includes the stupid beef ban in our country? Kapsich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom