What's new

Meet Marcos

No disrespect to MARCOS, but that 'loser' is a college grad and among the finest that US has to offer.

No problem - i was just commenting on his sloppy posture rather than anything. No need to take everything seriously. I do know a bit about US Secret Service.

they both are doing their respected job..

I did not contradict what you said. I was just commenting on his posture.

they both are doing their respected job..

I can see the commando being assigned and doing its job.. not so sure what the other guy was doing or who he was calling (maybe calling his girlfriend)?

p.s. Don't take my comments too seriously. Who wouldn't want to stand next to a cool looking commando and have its photo taken? I was only kidding. :azn:

14_11_08-decoding_commando.jpg

800px-Indian_Navy_MARCOS.jpg

Marines5.jpg

marinecommandos1pi.jpg

Marcos3.JPG

In some pictures the MARCOS are masked & in some they are not,are they 2 divisions in the MARCOS, one secretive the other not so secretive.

In some pictures the MARCOS are masked & in some they are not,are they 2 divisions in the MARCOS, one secretive the other not so secretive.

well depends when the foto is clicked
in public places they r certainly masked
during training they are not masked

In my opinion, Marcos still needs more shopisticated tecnology in their armour as well as in their supportive toolkit.

I like the Marcos but what I did not like was their clamour for publicity during the Mumbai attack operations, one of their officers with his men behind him, was giving a press conference while the operations were still going on with gunshots clearly being heard. Don't they have a spokes person? And what with them conducting that press conference right besides the Taj, don't they have a press briefing room? And what about public display of their weapons (all for their secrecy) ?

You make a very valid point that certainly needs introspection. The "tamasha" ( can't call it anything else) was downright disgraceful. I'm not blaming the Marcos themselves because the orders would most certainly have come from elsewhere but they cut a sorry figure that day. The operation has not been been successfully finished before they opted to do the tamasha. The same with the NSG - the chief of the NSG wanting to see his mug on television was giving countless briefings when none should have been given. If any information had to be given, it should have been done by a designated officer & not the DG who should have concerned himself with completing the operation. This particular officer has been doing the rounds of TV studios milking the event of 26/11 for everything that it was worth (at one point even suggesting that his daughter had diagnosed him with post-traumatic stress disorder, a stretch since the only trauma he probably received was the sudden fall back into obscurity in the media after the immediate event). The NSG commandos were even allowed to be interviewed at the very end (not out of choice but just bad management) and pretty much India glossed over a collosal failure. The NSG operation (and that of the MARCOS before that) was indicative of a force that had become stuck in the late 80's & early 90's and was essentially unprepared to deal with the challenges of the 21st century. We are seeing changes now but hopefully our policy makers will understand that it pays off to have a good anti terrorism unit and that will result in them getting the best of equipment & training.

( Btw, no real basis for comparison of the MARCOS with DEVGRU (formerly ST6) who carried out the Bin Laden operation. Those are the best of the best, handpicked from within the best of the combat experienced SEALS & further trained in counter terrorism operations. They also primarily work with the CIA(along with DELTA) & are under operational command of JSOC. The last 10 years of constant combat have probably made these teams the best in the world by far.)

Noob Question- Has anybody heard about special group?? they are a offset of SFF but they consists entirely of Indians and i heard they are structured like the SAS and they are ultra secret...can somebody help me with this?? Is it true or jus some fake fan boy stuff??

MARCOS strength is marine operations.

Now, if you ask them to climb hotel walls and kill the terrorists by correctly identifying them among the hundreds of hotel guests, what more do you expect?

The MARCOS were arranged just as a stop gap until the NSG arrived.

The right agencies should be given the right job.

Stop cursing the MARCOS, those guys did all that was required.

I like the Marcos but what I did not like was their clamour for publicity during the Mumbai attack operations, one of their officers with his men behind him, was giving a press conference while the operations were still going on with gunshots clearly being heard. Don't they have a spokes person? And what with them conducting that press conference right besides the Taj, don't they have a press briefing room? And what about public display of their weapons (all for their secrecy) ?

I think the MARCOS did not operate in Taj. They were the NSG.

MARCOS only cleaned up the Oberoi Trident which they did with skill and precision.

maybe there is some confusion because both are clad in black.

Noob Question- Has anybody heard about special group?? they are a offset of SFF but they consists entirely of Indians and i heard they are structured like the SAS and they are ultra secret...can somebody help me with this?? Is it true or jus some fake fan boy stuff??

Yeah it's their in WIKI,but yeah it's too secretive.
Rumors that they were involved in anti LTTE ops in 2006-2007 operation Leech.

MARCOS strength is marine operations.
Now, if you ask them to climb hotel walls and kill the terrorists by correctly identifying them among the hundreds of hotel guests, what more do you expect?

No point in comparing them with the SEALS then.

Here's what the loudmouth former DG of the NSG had to say about the MARCOS -
New Delhi: The elite Marine Commandos (MARCOS) of the Indian Navy who were initially scrambled to tackle the terrorists during the 26/11 attack were "a little out of depth" operating in a hotel, says the then chief of NSG J K Dutt.

"The MARCOS is a force which is meant for conducting special operations on water... I think they fell a little out of depth operating in a premise like a hotel...," Dutt, who retired from the elite force in February, said.

...but at that time had the MARCOS been able to follow them (the holed up terrorists )and keep them pinned down...it would have been useful… and since NSG is suitably equipped the operation would have been over much faster," Dutt told a news channel.

Stop cursing the MARCOS, those guys did all that was required.

There was the issue of the unnecessary press conference when the operation was still going on (the MARCOS had handed over to the NSG). The MARCOS claimed that they killed two terrorists which wasn't quite true since the NSG had to kill them again.

We can't solve our problems if we don't recognise them as problems in the first place.

^I am not comparing the SEALS with MARCOS.

The SEALS practised for several months before embarking on the "Kill Osama" mission.

How much notice did the MARCOS get before they were asked to move to the Trident and Taj?

They did not even have the internal route maps of the hotels.

They were used just as a temp measure bcoz it took time for the NSG to arrive from Gurgaon.

Back
Top Bottom