What's new

Meet AJ Singh. New Pakistani Wagah Border Guard

Sikh Ranger takes part in beating retreat at Wagah
FROM THE NEWSPAPER — UPDATED ABOUT 6 HOURS AGO

LAHORE: A Sikh ranger participated in the traditional beating retreat ceremony at Wagah border for the first time ever, reports IndiaTV.

People from both sides of the border welcomed the Sikh ranger, Amarjeet Singh, with a huge round of applause when he came for the ceremony. The surroundings filled with the sound of claps when he shook hands with the Indian ranger.

Amarjeet is a resident of Nankana Sahib. He is said to be the first person ever from the Sikh community to join the Pakistan Army. Reports say that Amarjeet joined the army in 2005 and completed training this year, after which he was included in the defence forces on the Wagah border.

Talking about his duty for Pakistan, Amarjeet said that he was proud of being a part of the Pakistan army and would be happy to lay down his life for the nation.

Published in Dawn, January 9th, 2016

Well Article above says that he is the first Sikh person to join Pak Army.
@Windjammer @Irfan Baloch @Icarus @waz @Areesh

He is not even in the Army, he is an Inspector in Pakistan Rangers. The report is misleading or as I believe, is confusing him with Capt Hercharn Singh who is actually the first Sikh to join Pakistan Army.

but.. but.. Sikhs and Singhs are Indians :P

Jokes aside, this is good news. :tup:

Minorities like Sikhs need to be promoted where possible and white part of Pakistani flag needs to be truly visible. :pakistan:

Last edited:
I am asking this as a rhetorical question so no need to put fatwas on me, point is in my opinion, calling on the dead is shirk. i know that Hazrat Ali RA was renowned for his bravery but doesnt that become religiously wrong when you say Ya Ali?
or is it just that they dont really mean Ya Ali in this sense and it simply is a war cry?
Ya Ali is said from the beginning of Islam.And nobody said something against it.Why are u creating a non-issue.

So glad to see tolerance and to see such tolerance being promoted on FB pages like the one below and countless others too

Hopefully, we'll be able to see more and more of this. Pakistan Army has a huge responsibility of protecting this country and also setting a good example, and it's great to see it do so. This isn't an India-Pakistan matter of who has more Sikhs or is more tolerant, as some might try to frame it, but about how tolerance is important

Back
Top Bottom