What's new

Meet AJ Singh. New Pakistani Wagah Border Guard

Question: What is your message to entire Pakistani nation?

Dr. Mimpal Singh: I have a sincere advice to all Pakistanis, to understand and realize your individual responsibilities. We have an ancient habit to blame our government and our politicians but before blaming anyone else, we should have to realize the fact that what we actually have given to our country.

Secondly, I also request all my Pakistani brothers and sisters to educate their children which is really mandatory for complete awareness in our society and I believe that 75% of our problems can be resolved with this single step.

WOW!! The stuff in the BOLD is what I tell others about every day when I see these blaming threads.....like everything wrong in Pakistan is either the US's fault, or NS is corrupt. Otherwise, everyone has been doing the best that they can for the country (tax evasion as one contradictory example, stealing electricity another one......anyone???)!!

Good to see someone giving his countrymen the SAME advise that I've been giving on every other "there is corruption" and "I hate NS" and "I hate the US" thread!! Its time to end this winning and do the best you guys can as a nation so your country can become an economic power, creating peace, stability and opportunity for everyone!!

Actually, there are plenty of Christians already inside Pakistan's military and other institutions. Some of the prestigious schools and hospitals are actually Christian / Church owned (St. Mary's, St. Peters, UCH, etc). I've been to events there through these organizations a long time ago.

But generally speaking, more minorities should join the armed forced. Its their country. In fact, there should be a quota set by the government to recruit at the least 20-30% of minorities.
Sometimes, you make very illogical statements.
When total minorities of Pakistan are only 3 or 4 percent of total population, how come they be given a 20-30 percent quota??

I am enough mature to accept the fruitful debate and sane argument.. On the topic, its good sign for minorities in Pakistan.. They would feel more secure and safe after being part of an establishment..

J Sardar a tahio hi ta nazar gyi a sarya di os te koi hor hunda ta kise ne ena notice v ni krna c...:smokin:Waheguru hamesha tenu chardi kala ch rakhe. :tup:

"Allahu Akbar" is the standard war cry of the Army but there are a number of other variations. Many Regiments with history have their own Ep Ep, Kai Kai, Haidri, Powindah are just some of the more famous ones. There is no set criteria that soldiers are bound to shout a particular phrase in battle, Shia soldiers prefer to say Ya Ali Madad but I have never seen or heard someone being reprimanded for it. The same extends for non-Muslims as well. Christians usually use the word Allah so Christian soldiers shout Allahu Akbar as well.
Ya Ali Madad is also shouted by majority of Sunnis.

That has more to do with the fact that:

1. Hindus and Sikhs represent a very small fraction of the population.
2. Hindus are mostly associated with the medical profession in Pakistan whereas Sikhs usually choose to pursue business.

"Allahu Akbar" is the standard war cry of the Army but there are a number of other variations. Many Regiments with history have their own Ep Ep, Kai Kai, Haidri, Powindah are just some of the more famous ones. There is no set criteria that soldiers are bound to shout a particular phrase in battle, Shia soldiers prefer to say Ya Ali Madad but I have never seen or heard someone being reprimanded for it. The same extends for non-Muslims as well. Christians usually use the word Allah so Christian soldiers shout Allahu Akbar as well.

The military serves an Islamic Republic but is an inherently secular institution. There are strict standards of discipline that must be met and no one would dare challenge them, in a regiment the men live, sleep and fight together so it doesn't matter what god they believe in, there are stronger bonds of camaraderie between them.
There was a famous incident during Kargil war,where Mujahid company of Grenadiers Regiment confused the enemy in Kargil,incidentally they had the same war cry Allah Hu Akbar.

It was the most common phrase before Zia set "Allahu Akbar" as the standard, it has returned since but has yet to become as popular as it was in its heyday.
"Nara-e-Haidri, Ya Ali!" is as common as "Nara-e-Takbir, Allah hu Akbar" as far as I have seen. Everyone's into it.

It was the most common phrase before Zia set "Allahu Akbar" as the standard, it has returned since but has yet to become as popular as it was in its heyday.
From what I know, Ya in Arabic is used only for the living as in YaAllah. Assuming the military comprises mostly of Sunnis, how come Ya Ali is a popular phrase?

"Nara-e-Haidri, Ya Ali!" is as common as "Nara-e-Takbir, Allah hu Akbar" as far as I have seen. Everyone's into it.

Well there is a whole collection of these "naaras", the point remains that we are talking about the war cry.

From what I know, Ya in Arabic is used only for the living as in YaAllah. Assuming the military comprises mostly of Sunnis, how come Ya Ali is a popular phrase?

Because the military does not represent on account of religion and sect, Hazrat Ali (RA) is known for his bravery and acumen for war and thus it makes sense to inject vigour into yourself by remembering him before facing the enemy. Naara-e-Haidri is my personal favourite as well.

This post is very helpful for me
JAZAK ALLAH

Back
Top Bottom