What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

It’s not if topic because the Pakistani Military’s adversary is the Indian Military, so it makes absolutely sense to involve Indian and Indian military potential in this discussion, to get a brighter and more realistic picture for any future conflict, god forbids, but the world show at the moment something else.
We can’t always have discussions, where we just applaud the Pakistani military capabilities without a view and analysis and involvement of Indian inputs. @Signalian hat started this offensive consequently years ago I will continue it, because of the actual ongoing war in war Europe. I wish @Zarvan and @iLION12345_1 @Desert Fox 1 would participate.

@Joe Shearer Sir, I and I think some other analysts, respected and gentlemen would like to read your perspective.

After seeing the escalation of the Ukraine and Russian war. Pakistan and India have both similary equipment of the ex-soviet or Russian and Ukraine origin. What are the Indian doctrines regarding the combine warfare of Indian mechanised and armoured Units ? Do you think that the Indian logistical and surveillance doctrine, discipline and drill’s are equally to the Pakistani or have even a edge in some fields or maybe are totally superior ? How would you rate and dossier the Pakistani combine warfare of the mechanised and armour units in relation clashing the Indian military.

Best regards to all
Thank God someone restarted such exercise which had become almost extinct,here in PDF.

It’s not off topic because the Pakistani Military’s adversary is the Indian Military, so it makes absolutely sense to involve Indian Members and Indian military potential in this discussion, to get a brighter and more realistic picture for any future conflict, god forbids, but the world show at the moment something else.
We can’t always have discussions, where we just applaud the Pakistani military capabilities without a view and analysis and involvement of Indian inputs. @Signalian hat started this offensive consequently years ago I will continue it, because of the actual ongoing war in war Europe. I wish @Zarvan and @iLION12345_1 @Desert Fox 1 would participate.

@Joe Shearer Sir, I and I think some other analysts, respected and gentlemen would like to read your perspective.

After seeing the escalation of the Ukraine and Russian war. Pakistan and India have both similary equipment of the ex-soviet or Russian and Ukraine origin. What are the Indian doctrines regarding the combine warfare of Indian mechanised and armoured Units ? Do you think that the Indian logistical and surveillance doctrine, discipline and drill’s are equally to the Pakistani or have even a edge in some fields or maybe are totally superior ? How would you rate and dossier the Pakistani combine warfare of the mechanised and armour units in relation clashing the Indian military.

Best regards to all
I’ll leave the tactics part of the discussion to the others since I’m not too well versed in that, and I only know enough about the doctrines of either side to know how their forces and equipment will be used.

However if such a discussion is held by the others, I’d love to give insight and compare the technical and technological aspects, that’s my field :)

PS: happy to see Sir Joe back on the forum, always a pleasure to read your posts. Hope you’re doing well.

I’ll leave the tactics part of the discussion to the others since I’m not too well versed in that, and I only know enough about the doctrines of either side to know how their forces and equipment will be used.

However if such a discussion is held by the others, I’d love to give insight and compare the technical and technological aspects, that’s my field :)

PS: happy to see Sir Joe back on the forum, always a pleasure to read your posts. Hope you’re doing well.

Have you seen my previous posts above about human and machine regarding their effectiveness in battlefield ?

Here goes another one of our ultimate god weapons which have made all other weapon systems obsolete and which would've had "cooked" the old Russian MBTs..
See everything has its own place in a battlefield and driving conclusions from a completely one sided encounter (Azer-Armenia) in which the UCAVs flew without any hindrance from effective AD systems is imprudent..
Now can these ultimate UAVs stop the "obsolete" mechanised forces which have adequate AD coverage?

Seems like Ukrainians have learned how to use these beasts properly

It’s not off topic because the Pakistani Military’s adversary is the Indian Military, so it makes absolutely sense to involve Indian Members and Indian military potential in this discussion, to get a brighter and more realistic picture for any future conflict, god forbids, but the world shows at the moment something else.

@Joe Shearer Sir, I and some other analysts, respected and gentlemen would like to read your perspective.

Best regards to all
I would love to discuss these aspects, but I need time.

The problem is that my generation, my cohort retired between nine to seven years ago. There are juniors from SSP, but they too have retired. I have to dig hard to get to any of the sub-juniors. To give you a perspective, my roll number is in the very low 100s; the current number has crossed 5000.

All this while, since you posted, I have been talking to a buddy who is still in touch. HIS cohort has reached the top of the field grade, and is on the verge of critical selections, and he is quite up to date. To be quite honest, we spend a lot of time cursing various people and their idiotic behaviour. Also, he and I differ, but all that is hypothetical, two armchair generals pulling theories out of their, er, gazoo.

Day after tomorrow, I will meet him, if my health permits; I am still in very indifferent state. I have already warned him that I have a lot to ask to update myself on current doctrine (or lack of it). Please understand that I may share what is appropriate to share from our conversations, and also that he, too, has an information lag, the lag between military decision-maker and military serving officer not taking these decisions, and the additional lag between the serving officer and his civilian friend.

It is already clear that there has been a significant shift in thinking and in threat perception in Army, Navy and Air Force. Honestly speaking, the order in terms of capacity and competence should be Navy, Army and Air Force, but the shift is the same. The main threat has changed and is sitting in different locations where we had never paid much attention before, but that have become hot points. The older perceived threats have sunk down lower and are now seen only as areas where the line is to be held, and where natural wear and tear is hoped to grind down the opposition. At the highest level, it is apparently thought that it is a risk that will neutralise itself, over time, over the next two decades, and besides staying on guard, rather better than it has been done so far, it may be inappropriate to make dramatic moves of any kind.

This has been apparent for some time now. If we had had competent leadership at the CDS level, the difficulties of jointmanship, especially between Army and Air Force, would have been resolved by now. As it is, tempers are high, and egos are bruised, and someone who can heal the situation has to be there.

What are the Indian doctrines regarding the combine warfare of Indian mechanised and armoured Units ? Do you think that the Indian logistical and surveillance doctrine, discipline and drill’s are equally to the Pakistani or have even a edge in some fields or maybe are totally superior ? How would you rate and dossier the Pakistani combine warfare of the mechanised and armour units in relation clashing the Indian military.
I will be making specific enquiries in these areas anyway. The impression is that there are five sectors that are focus areas - the alpine sector, the high mountain sector, the forested hill sector, the plains and the desert. At the moment, there is no sixth, contrary to speculation that has appeared here. These all relate to the western front, not to the northern front. There are differences in approach in all five.

Last edited:
I would love to discuss these aspects, but I need time.

The problem is that my generation, my cohort retired between nine to seven years ago. There are juniors from SSP, but they too have retired. I have to dig hard to get to any of the sub-juniors. To give you a perspective, my roll number is in the very low 100s; the current number has crossed 5000.

All this while, since you posted, I have been talking to a buddy who is still in touch. HIS cohort has reached the top of the field grade, and is on the verge of critical selections, and he is quite up to date. To be quite honest, we spend a lot of time cursing various people and their idiotic behaviour. Also, he and I differ, but all that is hypothetical, two armchair generals pulling theories out of their, er, gazoo.

Day after tomorrow, I will meet him, if my health permits; I am still in very indifferent state. I have already warned him that I have a lot to ask to update myself on current doctrine (or lack of it). Please understand that I may share what is appropriate to share from our conversations, and also that he, too, has an information lag, the lag between military decision-maker and military serving officer not taking these decisions, and the additional lag between the serving officer and his civilian friend.

It is already clear that there has been a significant shift in thinking and in threat perception in Army, Navy and Air Force. Honestly speaking, the order in terms of capacity and competence should be Navy, Army and Air Force, but the shift is the same. The main threat has changed and is sitting in different locations where we had never paid much attention before, but that have become hot points. The older perceived threats have sunk down lower and are now seen only as areas where the line is to be held, and where natural wear and tear is hoped to grind down the opposition. At the highest level, it is apparently thought that it is a risk that will neutralise itself, over time, over the next two decades, and besides staying on guard, rather better than it has been done so far, it may be inappropriate to make dramatic moves of any kind.

This has been apparent for some time now. If we had had competent leadership at the CDS level, the difficulties of jointmanship, especially between Army and Air Force, would have been resolved by now. As it is, tempers are high, and egos are bruised, and someone who can heal the situation has to be there.

I will be making specific enquiries in these areas anyway. The impression is that there are five sectors that are focus areas - the alpine sector, the high mountain sector, the forested hill sector, the plains and the desert. At the moment, there is no sixth, contrary to speculation that has appeared here. These all relate to the western front, not to the northern front. There are differences in approach in all five.

I wish you a healthy recovery, peace !

8-)

Good ole Joe, not Sir Joe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom