What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

M-113s running alongside T-80s would have given mixed feelings to cold war analysts who wouldn't have imagined such a combination of NATO and USSR equipment working alongside each other.

M-113s running alongside T-80s would have given mixed feelings to cold war analysts who wouldn't have imagined such a combination of NATO and USSR equipment working alongside each other.
Iraq is even better in this regard; Abrams, T90s running along with BMP and M113s.

i doubt we'll ever see such armored formation displays ever again ,

Pakistan Army is definitely not buying any more AFV's from this point on .

then why did we go for the Vt4 sir ?
To fill up the numbers since AK production was too slow for replacement of old tanks in our major formations plus we have to raise new regts as well, so all this could've been met only by foreign off the shelf purchase.
VT4 for replacement and AK-1 for new raisings.

Last edited:
The Al Khalid Production Rate needs to be improved no doubt
Perhaps more man power is needed to improve numbers being produced
to meet demand

The Al Khalid Production Rate needs to be improved no doubt
Perhaps more man power is needed to improve numbers being produced
to meet demand
HIT has the capacity, the production rate was low due to a lack of funds, the money was all diverted to fight the war on terror So They only got enough funds to produce a few tanks a year and sometimes none. However with the War over, production has ramped up again, it reached 35/Year for the last batch of AK-1 and will be reaching 50/Year by 2022 (which is the max Peacetime production capacity of HITs Al-Khalid production line)

As explained by desert fox above, the reason we are buying VT-4s is because we have a large amount of older tanks to replace that ideally would have been retired by now if AK production wasn’t hampered. HIT is already working to bring AK-1 closer in capability to VT-4P so their mutual induction into the armed forces can continue into the decade.
then why did we go for the Vt4 sir ?

Sir any news about AK 2 :D
I’m not sure if it will be getting the AK-2 name but an AK upgrade is definitely in development.

The army wants HIT to bring AK closer in capability to VT-4, this means adding tech from or similar to the VT4 onto it.

This includes a new RWS, likely a CITV and a new engine (hopefully the same one from VT-4) and hopefully LWRs and New ERA along with C4I/network centric upgrades.

We may see some of these upgrades already present in the next batch of AK-1, if HIT can get the things ready by then, if not we will see this upgrade in a couple of years when the current order of AK-1 finishes production and the next order is placed.

I’m not sure if it will be getting the AK-2 name but an AK upgrade is definitely in development.

The army wants HIT to bring AK closer in capability to VT-4, this means adding tech from or similar to the VT4 onto it.

This includes a new RWS, likely a CITV and a new engine (hopefully the same one from VT-4) and hopefully LWRs and New ERA along with C4I/network centric upgrades.

We may see some of these upgrades already present in the next batch of AK-1, if HIT can get the things ready by then, if not we will see this upgrade in a couple of years when the current order of AK-1 finishes production and the next order is placed.
How many VT 4 we will buy? 400-500?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom