What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Would you summarize, what the Pakistani armored Corps has to face when it will be challenged, by the Indian Army, don’t worry it is not off topic, just a wake up call for everyone to see the reality !
I will be a bit busy in the coming week or two but hopefully I'll be able to do it afterwards.
Btw signalian is the best man for ORBATs and stuff.

Would you summarize, what the Pakistani armored Corps has to face when it will be challenged, by the Indian Army, don’t worry it is not off topic, just a wake up call for everyone to see the reality !
hyedrabad tey gwalior tu atey atey tankan nu saal lag jaa si , dont worry we will have the upper in case of a pre-emptive armour strike by us ,

hyedrabad tey gwalior tu atey atey tankan nu saal lag jaa si , dont worry we will have the upper in case of a pre-emptive armour strike by us ,
Apart from Brig Nisar, any other PA armor commander comes in your mind who comes close to or is better than Nisar ?
Even if its 2000 Vs 5000, it depends how you deploy them.
Nowadays, every infantry Division on the eastern front has ATLEAST one whole armored or mechanised brigade.
Would want to hear heroics of Armor and mechanised crews in WOT (2002 till now) from you. Not the AZ story please but stuff that isnt discussed here before.

How well was M113 deployed and utilised in WOT.

Also, when are you planning to write for Hilal Mag.

Last edited:
Brig Nisar
Unfortunately none. What is more depressing is that even a man like him after proving himself in the battle where it mattered more than ACRs and other courses he made to brigadier rank with great difficulty.:hitwall:
Similarly the GOC of 6th armd div( also nisar's) was even promoted to lt gen!! He also retired as a Maj Gen which was his rank in 65! While men like Yahya Khan got promotion for nothing. There are many similar instances in the army. Alas...

Unfortunately none. What is more depressing is that even a man like him after proving himself in the battle where it mattered more than ACRs and other courses he made to brigadier rank with great difficulty.:hitwall:
Similarly the GOC of 6th armd div( also nisar's) was even promoted to lt gen!! He also retired as a Maj Gen which was his rank in 65! While men like Yahya Khan got promotion for nothing. There are many similar instances in the army. Alas...
This is why i asked PK about current heroics in real war scenarios.

Apart from Brig Nisar, any other PA armor commander comes in your mind who comes close to or is better than Nisar ?
Col Sahibzad Gul, 6 Lancers, Khem Karan
Then Maj Shamim Alam Khan
Then Maj Shah Rafi Alam
Then Col Wajahat, commanding all armor elements of 6 armored division at Chawinda
Maj Z U Abbasi

Commander 2 Armored Brigade in 1971, at Chamb

.... And then some others as well.

Col Sahibzad Gul, 6 Lancers, Khem Karan
Then Maj Shamim Alam Khan
Then Maj Shah Rafi Alam
Then Col Wajahat, commanding all armor elements of 6 armored division at Chawinda
Maj Z U Abbasi

.... And then some others as well.
I thought he was talking about those who led their regts/formations with tactical brilliance and not just boldness and bravery.
However, in the words of Major General Agha Humayaun Khan" It is ironic that Third World countries study Napoleon and Slim when they have great military commanders like Eftikhar, Akhtar and Abrar"
I Can't remember his name.
Col Sahibzad Gul, 6 Lancers, Khem
The only notable person in the 1st armd div's and 11th inf div's debacle.

6th armd div had a greater ratio of brilliant commanders as compared to the 1st.
I suppose Tariq khan and Yaqub Khan could also be added in the list had they been given a chance in a full blown conflict.
These officers did. Not many know about them.
The majors you mentioned are well known mostly due to their boldness.

Last edited:
I will be a bit busy in the coming week or two but hopefully I'll be able to do it afterwards.
Btw signalian is the best man for ORBATs and stuff.

I don't think that any of us has more time than, you and @Signalian, I, and @Panzerkeil have contributed more than enough, it's time that you run the show!

Back
Top Bottom