What's new

ME section requires new rules

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
@WebMaster

You recently closed the thread suggesting new mod(s) for the ME section deciding that the report button is sufficient, though I and I think many who visit this section disagree. It is not enough, it takes ~24h to for a mod to deal with it, most mods don’t know the people of the ME section violating the rules and end up giving useless infractions so I suggest a new sticky thread with some clear rules, anyone violating them should be dealt with strongly.

8 rules for the ME section

1. Offensive language towards other members will not be tolerated.

2. No inciting of hatred.

3. No Sunni vs Shia discussions & making fun of the other group.

4. No declaring of other groups or usage of the following words: Kuffar, Pagan, Majoos, Wahabis.

5. Racist statements are not permitted.

6. Attacks on any religion are not permitted.

7. No "Persian Gulf" vs "Arabian Gulf" fights, either post the official article as it is or simply call it "The Gulf" to keep a neutral stance on the matter.

8. Wishing people's death and death threats or genocidal statements result in a ban.

These rules should be adopted to the ME section to keep it clean, users violating them should receive an infranction followed by a short ban, harsher actions if still violating by the same users. It has become a section no one wants to visit as @ResurgentIran and @Sinan mentioned, theres nothing there but hatred.

Let me know what you think.

Those are good set of rules, but I dont think they will hold for long. Because no one would enforce them unfortunately.
I proposed previously something more radical, which was to ban all Saudi and Iranian members from the ME section. lol

@Doritos11 you have my full support in this.

You have seen the strictness of the Turkish section by yourself. That should set an example for the ME section.

@ResurgentIran had an excellent definition for the problem in ME section.

verbal conflict becomes central and just diminishes the possibility of rational discussion,

As there is no rational discussion in ME section, i have decided to keep my distance. But it sad at the same time because i have met many individuals from other nationalities which i shared opinions, cultures, traditions, became friends with, etc.... This is not possible anymore as long as the section goes in the same direction.

Using the report button doesn't brings back the rational discussion.

why cant the intl mod of turkish section @Neptune be mod of ME section? Both are relatively small sections and one person can manage both I think. hope arabs and persians agree to this suggestion.

why cant the intl mod of turkish section @Neptune be mod of ME section? Both are relatively small sections and one person can manage both I think. hope arabs and persians agree to this suggestion.

The sections may be small, but the battles that go on there are not! Just like the real middle east.

Most of them are 'already banned'. TBH, we haven't found a good replacement mod for the Arab section yet. There are great posters in this section, however we haven't found someone with 'mod material'.

When we find someone who's able to keep a wall between his personal posts and mod duties, we will take him/her on board.

Best.

Back
Top Bottom