What's new

McCain: confident of easing Vietnam arms embargo

Lol, looks like you forgot to look up on Wikipedia about him. Don't judge before you did your own research. Take my wise advice.
You have to provide sources and proof because you're the one who accused him of corruption. Why should I start to google and check wiki pages?

Can I accuse you of being gay, and if you protest, I recommend you to google and check yourself your facebook page?

Take my wise advice.

Personally welcome this move.If U.S. is really so generous to provide advanced weapons to Vietnam and encourage it to use its military force when handling the disputes around SCS , PLA will get more chances to test them, and I know they are eager to do that.

You are showing off your funny ignorance cuz U.S and the western have had the Arms sanction against China for 25 years. And thanks to this sanction, we got our own strong defense industry right now and ranks top 5 as a weapon exporter.

I also support this move. Helps to see how Amercan weapons performed in combat against the Chinese. Could earn its legacy like American Stingers that shot down the Soviet helicopters. We are eager for results in China's military capabilities since its last fight against Vietnam.

I also support this move. Helps to see how Amercan weapons performed in combat against the Chinese. Could earn its legacy like American Stingers that shot down the Soviet helicopters. We are eager for results in China's military capabilities since its last fight against Vietnam.

A very interesting point.

We r poor bcz we humiliated mighty US in VN war and got hard economic sanction:pop:

No, you can't use that excuse anymore. The reports from USA and World bank economists say that your country should have a gdp per capita of over $7000 by now, even after the sanction, war damage, etc.

You missed out the thread:

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

Instead of having $7500 gdp per capita, your country only manage to have $1400. It is less than one quarter of what economists expect it to be lol. :pop:

I don't promote using 1st shot. But if any war happens, we want to have great weapons in hand.

No, you can't use that excuse anymore. The reports from USA and World bank economists say that your country should have a gdp per capita of over $7000 by now, even after the sanction, war damage, etc.

You missed out the thread:

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

Instead of having $7500 gdp per capita, your country only manage to have $1400. It is less than one quarter of what economists expect it to be lol. :pop:
And they will force VN to accept a collar ( like China must accept TW under US control ) if we wanna have gdp per capita of over $7000 .

So, we just simply say :No ! No US style 'democracy, no free religious , no multi-parties system etc'.

Unlike big fat China accept TW under US control , we r free wolf and never wear any collars :pop:
The Dog and the Wolf

A GAUNT Wolf was almost dead with hunger when he happened to meet a House-dog who was passing by. “Ah, Cousin,” said the Dog. “I knew how it would be; your irregular life will soon be the ruin of you. Why do you not work steadily as I do, and get your food regularly given to you?” 1
“I would have no objection,” said the Wolf, “if I could only get a place.” 2
“I will easily arrange that for you,” said the Dog; “come with me to my master and you shall share my work.” 3
So the Wolf and the Dog went towards the town together. On the way there the Wolf noticed that the hair on a certain part of the Dog’s neck was very much worn away, so he asked him how that had come about. 4
“Oh, it is nothing,” said the Dog. “That is only the place where the collar is put on at night to keep me chained up; it chafes a bit, but one soon gets used to it.” 5
“Is that all?” said the Wolf. “Then good-bye to you, Master Dog.”
“BETTER STARVE FREE THAN BE A FAT SLAVE.”

Vietnam as a test ground is actually a good idea.

And they will force VN to accept a collar ( like China must accept TW under US control ) if we wanna have gdp per capita of over $7000 .

So, we just simply say :No ! No US style 'democracy, no free religious , no multi-parties system etc'.

Unlike big fat China accept TW under US control , we r free wolf and never wear any collars :pop:

“BETTER STARVE FREE THAN BE A FAT SLAVE.”

Can you read? they Did NOT say accept US democracy and you can have $7000 per capita.

They said, during the last decades, with your country's resource and foreign investment, even without democracy, your country should have achieved $7500 per capita by now. But your country failed. :pop:

everyone exaggerated too much. Vietnam has been purchasing weapons from everywhere for decades.
then what happen ?
why purchasing weapons from USA could trigger anything new ??

Come on my friend, if you are not willing to put your troop on our soil, what is the point of talking? LOL

my idea is base on your analogy, for testing weapon china land is better bro, Japan, US and Russia can do in the same time including infantry.

Because your friends, the Chinese, are weary of your countrymen having Joe's toys.

what if Vietnam buy 6 of new P8 Poseidon from USA, or 6 of refurbished P3C Orion from Japan ?
To me, the most want technology is missile technology, and ASW

what if Vietnam buy 6 of new P8 Poseidon from USA, or 6 of refurbished P3C Orion from Japan ?
To me, the most want technology is missile technology, and ASW

I think that is a possibility. Japan would do well to aid Viet Nam develop her ASW capability. Viet Nam's naval development will be to our delight. I think ASW sales as well as ASM's should also be considered.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom