What's new

MCA News & Discussions

as long as LCA is not successful, MCA is a pipedream

I think its best if we remain realistic. not over optimistic

Last edited:
I wrote some doubts of me about MCA in the MMRCA thread, cause I think it could compete with Rafale, or F18SH in roles (BVR combat and special, or preemptive strikes) would serve alongside them for a long time. But I have more doubt so I thougt a discussion about the need and role of MCA would be a good idea.
The intention might be to have a high/ low mix like USAF has with F22 and F35, but they replace all present fighters with them. In IAF instead, FGFA and MCA would serve for years with a huge number of LCA, MMRCA and MKI and maybe in the same roles.
For air defense role MCA is not really needed, cause with FGFA, MMRCA and MKI we will have very capable aircrafts for BVR and WVR combats.

FGFA is already under developement and even it is mainly for air superiority, it is a multi role fighter and should be able to carry some a2g weapons internally. That means it must be able to do preemtive strikes too right? And even if not, wouldn't it be better to develop a stealth UCAV for such missions like many other countires are doing now (US - Boeing X45/Northrop Grumman X47, Russia - Mig Skat, Britain - BAE Taranis, France - Dassault Neuron)? These can carry nearly the same payload internally, should be harder to detect and cheaper to produce.
Actually couldn't we team up with one of the nations and combine it with MMRCA competition (Rafale/Neuron, F18SH/X45, Mig 35/ Skat, EF/Taranis)?

In war times since air superiority is achieved imo the Mki will do the heavy strike missions, with it's high payload and range it will be the best choice except we get F18SH or Rafale, so in that case a MCA is also not really needed yet.

These are just my thoughts about it and don't have to be right, so feel free to comment on it.

I wrote some doubts of me about MCA in the MMRCA thread, cause I think it could compete with Rafale, or F18SH in roles (BVR combat and special, or preemptive strikes) would serve alongside them for a long time. But I have more doubt so I thougt a discussion about the need and role of MCA would be a good idea.
The intention might be to have a high/ low mix like USAF has with F22 and F35, but they replace all present fighters with them. In IAF instead, FGFA and MCA would serve for years with a huge number of LCA, MMRCA and MKI and maybe in the same roles.
For air defense role MCA is not really needed, cause with FGFA, MMRCA and MKI we will have very capable aircrafts for BVR and WVR combats.

FGFA is already under developement and even it is mainly for air superiority, it is a multi role fighter and should be able to carry some a2g weapons internally. That means it must be able to do preemtive strikes too right? And even if not, wouldn't it be better to develop a stealth UCAV for such missions like many other countires are doing now (US - Boeing X45/Northrop Grumman X47, Russia - Mig Skat, Britain - BAE Taranis, France - Dassault Neuron)? These can carry nearly the same payload internally, should be harder to detect and cheaper to produce.
Actually couldn't we team up with one of the nations and combine it with MMRCA competition (Rafale/Neuron, F18SH/X45, Mig 35/ Skat, EF/Taranis)?

In war times since air superiority is achieved imo the Mki will do the heavy strike missions, with it's high payload and range it will be the best choice except we get F18SH or Rafale, so in that case a MCA is also not really needed yet.

These are just my thoughts about it and don't have to be right, so feel free to comment on it.

hi mate you are right about mca .....but to build a plane with 50 % capabilities of a medium gen-5 fighter by a developing country which is still taking baby steps into the world of aeronautics ...we should start very early ...you wot see a flying MCA by 2020-22

:cheers:

hi mate you are right about mca .....but to build a plane with 50 % capabilities of a medium gen-5 fighter by a developing country which is still taking baby steps into the world of aeronautics ...we should start very early ...you wot see a flying MCA by 2020-22

:cheers:
That is exactly what I think and after all that trouble with LCA I really doubt that we could get a far more complicated 5. gen fighter done on our own, specially not till 2020-22! That's why I would prefer a jv with some more experienced countries, no matter if the reason is the MCA, or a stealth UCAV and to combine it with MRCA competition. A UCAV should be easier to build with our experience (DRDO UAVs and a unmanned helicopter coop with Israel I heard of) then a 5. gen MCA.

I think the design team will need tremendous help since they are translating from delta to a four poster....
also the brochure says radar absorbing composites does it mean thermal plastic (resin+carbon fiber)? If yes then do we have such facility with autoclave?

thermal plastic was used in X-32 apparently they faced a lot of problems with it; so i guess its carbon fiber- carbon atoms bonded together in nano crystals as mentioned by rajkumar.... and yeh we do have huge autoclave to bake wings:)

Atleast the LCA gave us a functional aeronautical developmental base.The best would be to take the FGFA project with Russia forward atleast we won't be late in introducing fifth generation fighters in our inventory while we work on the MCA.

I'm sorry for troubling u guyz

has any one heard of MiG LMFS Mikoyan LMFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and what it has to do with HAL MCA project

i'm confused can someone clear the air to me ??????
I can convey my thanx 2 u
2377c1c93266427552d6e25122353700.gif

LMFS is scrapped....
not much is known about MCA except its wind tunnel model was displayed in aero-india 2009.
although in 2008 there was some news of india interested in this .. but seems things did not work out...

mca is nothing but a modified version of the pak fa build by russia and india

when russia was making su 30 .. we made su 30 mki along with russians which was much more better than su 30. the su 30 mki is compared to su 35 which has similar technology

so .. mca is just better version of pak fa .. tailored for indian needs.
just like su 30 mki ... we will make it a deadliest fighter ever

you r quite wrong buddy :what:

the thing u r talking abt is pak-fgfa a dual seater version of russian pak-fa

Good news.
I have a question about MCA.
As you know that 5th generation fighter has 4S capabilities: stealth, super cruise, super maneuverability and short take-off.
Will MCA have all these capabilities or just some of them?

Good news.
I have a question about MCA.
As you know that 5th generation fighter has 4S capabilities: stealth, super cruise, super maneuverability and short take-off.
Will MCA have all these capabilities or just some of them?

MCA is an abstract plan....
And in abstract plan u can make any thing like stealth, super cruise, super maneuverability, short take-off, converted in flying boat, move in water as submarine, hyper sonic speed (could be MAC 15), 50 maneuverabilities, Radar Range upto 10000KM, killing lightening machine.

Back
Top Bottom