What's new

MBT 3000/ Al Haider reviews, etc.

News confirmation of possible Next Gen Haider Tank under trails:

VT-4 are in Pakistan for trails already known, for the next Gen MBT Haider, source link:

'Pakistan has a long list of requirements when it comes to new equipment for all three branches of the armed forces, however, much of it from China, and analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank says this includes tanks such as the new VT-4, which will be called 'Haider' in Pakistani service; the VN-1 8x8 wheeled APC, surface to air missiles such as the FM-90, HQ-17, and HQ-9 to establish an integrated air defense system, plus submarines and frigates.

Though this amounts to a considerable amount of very expensive equipment, Khan highlights moves made by China that will streamline funding their acquisition for Pakistan.'

http://www.defensene...udget/28565379/

News confirmation of possible Next Gen Haider Tank under trails:

VT-4 are in Pakistan for trails already known, for the next Gen MBT Haider, source link:

'Pakistan has a long list of requirements when it comes to new equipment for all three branches of the armed forces, however, much of it from China, and analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank says this includes tanks such as the new VT-4, which will be called 'Haider' in Pakistani service; the VN-1 8x8 wheeled APC, surface to air missiles such as the FM-90, HQ-17, and HQ-9 to establish an integrated air defense system, plus submarines and frigates.

Though this amounts to a considerable amount of very expensive equipment, Khan highlights moves made by China that will streamline funding their acquisition for Pakistan.'

http://www.defensene...udget/28565379/
Pakistan is testing 4 Tanks one of them is MBT-3000. One will be chosen

What protection does this tank has i know armour reacting plates bla bla its old ATGM still can panetrate them do they have trophy like abother system so tank itself save from ATGM i know it us not full proof

I think if it is next gen tank it must along with machine gun it can have small anti air missile attached too to save it self from attack helicopters 2 to 3 small or medium type missile can be mounted out side of tank

MBT 3000 is the best tank, after modifications and upgrades....in current state Pak Army needs to customize heavily more.

Pakistan is testing 4 Tanks one of them is MBT-3000. One will be chosen
4 tanks? o_O
We know about MBT and T-84 but that is 2 my friend. What are the other 2 that YOU know about? can you kindly share that? And please do not give that "Pakistan showed interest in Atlay" or sorts. You are talking about TRAILS. Will be interested to know all participating platforms. Looking forward!

4 tanks? o_O
We know about MBT and T-84 but that is 2 my friend. What are the other 2 that YOU know about? can you kindly share that? And please do not give that "Pakistan showed interest in Atlay" or sorts. You are talking about TRAILS. Will be interested to know all participating platforms. Looking forward!
In case of this news my source is @Icarus @kaonalpha ask them they know full details.
No altay is not among them no way we would test Altay. Altay only could have been an option if it had maximum wait of 55 tonnes, but it has lot more weight than 55 tonne. 3rd Tank most probably is latest model of T-90 I think it's T-90 MS and one other Tank. What I am confused is that if we have already selected T-84 Oplot M than Why these other two Tanks will come in December but @kaonalpha is not answering my question

Last edited:
I'm in chitral for the next week don't bother.

In case of this news my source is @Icarus @kaonalpha ask them they know full details.
No altay is not among them now way we would test Altay. Altay only could have been option if had maximum wait of 55 tonnes but it has lot more weight than 55 tonne. 3rd Tank most probably is latest model of T-90 I think it's T-90 MS and one other Tank. What I am confused is that if we have already selected T-84 Oplot M than Why these other two Tanks will come in December but @kaonalpha is not answering my question

Not T-84 but simply Oplot-M. I think info about 4 tanks on trials are false, only 2. No one can name us a full list, but we already have photoes of MBT3000 and ukrainian tank.

Pakistan Eyes new Chinese Tank, VT-4, Al-Haider

By Ahsan Muhyuddin

Pakistan has started test trials of new Chinese main battle tank ,VT-4 which is the export version of MBT-3000, a third-Generation MBT (main battle tank) built by China’s North Industries Corporations (Norinco).

Defense experts in Pakistan have welcomed the new development as the new MBT would be an ideal and cheap replacement for Pakistan Army’s ageing second-line Fleets of T80UD , Al-Zarrar, Type 85 ,Type 69 and Type 59 Main Battle Tanks.

Moreover, if decision makers in Islamabad decide to go ahead on the deal with their friend; China, VT-4 will come under Transfer-of-Technology (ToT) which will enable Pakistan to produce the 52 ton tank on Pakistani soil.

Another strategic aspect behind evaluating VT-4 tank is that after India, Pakistan’s enduring enemy, acquired around 600 state of art T-90S Bhisma main battle tanks with ToT, from her most trusted arms supplier, Russia, with almost 1000 more on order and Arjun MK I , Arjun MK II Tanks have already started production ,observing this, Pakistani National Security felt a deep need of a new , more powerful-Tank which will ensure Pakistani Armored victory is case of confrontation with the new Indian rival.

MBT-3000 first appeared on Eurosatory defense Exhibition in Paris on June 2012. VT-4 or MBT-3000 has a 1300 Hp diesel engine which is a better platform than China’s best tank in service, the Type 99 and Pakistan’s Al-Khalid tank which is considered to be the back-bone to Pakistani armored divisions; Al-Khalid shares most of her features with MBT-2000, another Chinese tank.

The new Chinese tank operated by the crew of 3 has a cruise speed of 68 Km/h, making it ideal for battle in deserts adjacent to Indian borders.

A variety of protective systems can be implied to VT-4 including ERA (explosive reactive armour). VT-4 has the biggest Main-Gun of 125mm caliber and Pakistan has well trained officers in handing 125 mm caliber guns.

Reports are coming out that if VT-4 is selected after final evaluations, it will be named “Al-Haider” after a great Muslim military commander.

Some clerics have also raised objections over VT-4s possible induction since a heavier version of Al-Khalid MBT is already underway , the Al-Khalid II.

Pakistan Eyes new Chinese Tank, VT-4 | Asia Despatch

Pakistan Eyes new Chinese Tank, VT-4, Al-Haider

By Ahsan Muhyuddin

Pakistan has started test trials of new Chinese main battle tank ,VT-4 which is the export version of MBT-3000, a third-Generation MBT (main battle tank) built by China’s North Industries Corporations (Norinco).

Defense experts in Pakistan have welcomed the new development as the new MBT would be an ideal and cheap replacement for Pakistan Army’s ageing second-line Fleets of T80UD , Al-Zarrar, Type 85 ,Type 69 and Type 59 Main Battle Tanks.

Moreover, if decision makers in Islamabad decide to go ahead on the deal with their friend; China, VT-4 will come under Transfer-of-Technology (ToT) which will enable Pakistan to produce the 52 ton tank on Pakistani soil.

Another strategic aspect behind evaluating VT-4 tank is that after India, Pakistan’s enduring enemy, acquired around 600 state of art T-90S Bhisma main battle tanks with ToT, from her most trusted arms supplier, Russia, with almost 1000 more on order and Arjun MK I , Arjun MK II Tanks have already started production ,observing this, Pakistani National Security felt a deep need of a new , more powerful-Tank which will ensure Pakistani Armored victory is case of confrontation with the new Indian rival.

MBT-3000 first appeared on Eurosatory defense Exhibition in Paris on June 2012. VT-4 or MBT-3000 has a 1300 Hp diesel engine which is a better platform than China’s best tank in service, the Type 99 and Pakistan’s Al-Khalid tank which is considered to be the back-bone to Pakistani armored divisions; Al-Khalid shares most of her features with MBT-2000, another Chinese tank.

The new Chinese tank operated by the crew of 3 has a cruise speed of 68 Km/h, making it ideal for battle in deserts adjacent to Indian borders.

A variety of protective systems can be implied to VT-4 including ERA (explosive reactive armour). VT-4 has the biggest Main-Gun of 125mm caliber and Pakistan has well trained officers in handing 125 mm caliber guns.

Reports are coming out that if VT-4 is selected after final evaluations, it will be named “Al-Haider” after a great Muslim military commander.

Some clerics have also raised objections over VT-4s possible induction since a heavier version of Al-Khalid MBT is already underway , the Al-Khalid II.

Pakistan Eyes new Chinese Tank, VT-4 | Asia Despatch
According to our members it miserably failed the stress tests in Pakistani heat.The engine seized.Sorry but this ones not coming.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom