What's new

May I ask 022 missile boat, is it suitable for Pakistan?or not?

Though Azmat class classified FAC it's not so fast . I just wonder why don't you go for Turkish MRT 55 FAC which can go as as as 50+ not miles.

Because they can't operate in high sea .Pakistan looks for something that can go that far as well as cheap like Azmat class.

The Azmat class is stealthy FAC with speed upto 30kn & 300km range ASHM (in NCW environment) which is good enough in Arabian sea to tackle enemy ships, one should remember that small RCS of boats allow them to hide in dense shipping areas and enemy will find it hard to distinguish between civil or military boat.

So immediately PN don't need to invest another FAC which will be not cheaper to procure.

PN requires 6 more FAC's to provide littoral defense of Gawader n Ormara

I wonder what tonnage range that would be. Probably similar to the Azmat. I would also be interested to know if there is a plan for the gap between the Azmat and the Ada / Damen. 560 tons - 2000 tons is a big gap to have.

I wonder what tonnage range that would be. Probably similar to the Azmat. I would also be interested to know if there is a plan for the gap between the Azmat and the Ada / Damen. 560 tons - 2000 tons is a big gap to have.

most probably more Azmats with Harbah
The Azmat FAC isn't really a FAC, more of a small corvette. Functionally, it basically does fill that gap between the MRTP-33 FAC (the intended FAC platform) and the 2,000-ton ships, though it's on the smaller end (compared to the Sa'ar-series and others). Not sure how the PN sees its next wave of FACs though; the context in which it spoke re: the 4~6 follow-on FAC (in IDEAS 2016) was about protecting Gwadar, which could mean more MRTP-33-like.

That said, it'd be interesting if the PN could shift its FAC approach to a low-observable, high-speed asset with supersonic cruising AShM. Ideally; all-steel hull with composite superstructure with concealment and equipped with the CM-302 supersonic cruising AShM in 2x2 retractable cells. Basically, the STM FAC-55 with CM-302...

STM-FAC-55-01-692x360.jpg

The Azmat FAC isn't really a FAC, more of a small corvette. Functionally, it basically does fill that gap between the MRTP-33 FAC (the intended FAC platform) and the 2,000-ton ships, though it's on the smaller end (compared to the Sa'ar-series and others). Not sure how the PN sees its next wave of FACs though; the context in which it spoke re: the 4~6 follow-on FAC (in IDEAS 2016) was about protecting Gwadar, which could mean more MRTP-33-like.

That said, it'd be interesting if the PN could shift its FAC approach to a low-observable, high-speed asset with supersonic cruising AShM. Ideally; all-steel hull with composite superstructure with concealment and equipped with the CM-302 supersonic cruising AShM in 2x2 retractable cells. Basically, the STM FAC-55 with CM-302...

STM-FAC-55-01-692x360.jpg

That's interesting and informative Bilal. If you increase the tonnage to about 800-1000 you could have a much more versatile ship. Steel only makes about 20-25% of the costs of a warship these days. If you leave out a helicopter, you'd have a very versatile corvette that can support the larger warships in a strike group, tasked with A2D.

You could have 8-12x Harbah, Korkut instead of main gun, the locally developed PDMS. Local towed array sonar.

Would be marginally more expensive than an Azmat but providing 2x the capability.

Either properly restructure KSEW or give the contract to Damen / Turkey / China for the basic ship, then add the local goodies accordingly. 560 tons to 2000 tons is a gigantic gap. And 1000-1500 tons is the ideal size for a defensive A2D given Pakistan's coastline, not 2000-4000 ton ships!

The Azmat is, as Bilal said, more of a light corvette, which is why i have long said it should be modified to move the AK630 to the front (replacing the main gun) with an 8 cell FL-3000N Launcher in the back (at AK630s position) and you will have a ship qith high survivability.

You dont really have any FAC. This role was supposed to be MTP-33, but that will be delayed until the Atmaca Missile enters service. That being said, completely agree with PN getting more Azmat (in the config i wrote above) and more MRTP-33 when Atmaca is ready. FAC 55 could be explored down the line but may be cost prohibitive.

most probably more Azmats with Harbah

That’s the problem with so far with pn none of the programs were more than one unit subs agosta , f-22p

Unless more are ordered and built at kse the Success of program is nominal

As far as I know Azmat class is going to continue with in country construction.

My only concern with the class is, as with all other recent Chinese acquisitions, too slow. under 30 knots.

KSEW needs to look around and mount a more powerful diesel or a turbine engine. Mount an OTO Melara Super Rapid 76MM canon (Compact mount.. 7 Tons in weight) instead of the puny, open mount 1950's 23 mm mount!

I am presuming that atleast 6 platforms will be eventually built. Four already operational or about to and two further units will be added once the budget allows.

We have
应该小,非常便宜,快速,隐身和良好的导弹性能
虽然没有防空。但是防守和突袭,我认为这不坏?

这些艇具有隐形功能.22型快速攻击舰艇是中国进入越来越多的导弹武器攻击舰艇列表,其中包括芬兰的哈米纳级导弹艇和挪威的Skjold级巡逻艇。澳大利亚的AMD双体船设计可能意味着在高海况下(其中单体只能执行其最大能力的一半或更少)的船速降低50%。此外,晕船和迷失方向明显减少,提高了小艇工作人员在这种情况下的战备/情况意识。

除了隐形的多边形设计的上层建筑以及隐形的炮架外,22型还有一个先进的C4数据链[4],可能代表某种能力以使AWACS飞机或其他舰船能够使用22型导弹。据报道铝壳采用摩擦搅拌焊接 [7]
22型是为了巡逻中国沿海地区并在其沿岸地区内运作。由于每艘83艘战舰都装备了8枚反舰导弹,一些观察家猜测,大量导弹艇在射击中发射可能会压倒敌方舰队,包括航空母舰战斗群。尽管攻击性导弹攻击对敌方水面舰艇构成威胁,但历史上小型导弹艇在与大型舰艇和飞机相对的主要海军对抗中表现不佳,因此22型在防空掩护外操作时很脆弱。[1]

3DA8B8E0AF8E384CB6DB670B02AEF83976F2154B_size20_w503_h283.jpeg
2BD98E6B427B298F89921A5A28347AF246A192F6_size78_w640_h638.jpeg
0f23cd55-05d2-4369-9265-641662da800c.gif

20081124160025935.jpg

谢谢

these monsters are cool
we are operting younger brothers of them which r MRTP-33 fast attack boats
maybe after some time Navy will surely go for them

Back
Top Bottom