What's new

Massive theft in taxation system FBR

FBR takes a certain percentage from individuals and after that they are not bothered to pay their tax to the government. Try posting for tax refunds, FBR will take 40-50 % of the amount. Even PMLN is filled with ********, yet FBR needs to be dismanteled and and a new organization needs to be setup for taxes!
Should be easy Tax filing form online , no more FBR agent visitation.

Last edited:
easier to say brother. I hadn`t filed my refunds for my factory for 8 years until 2019, when i got a special summons from commissoner office, FBR And DMG management are are all the same. I was told to file for the refund from which they got the 40% otherwise get ready for hurdles in my every task. I was just happy to leave the amount in the treasury instead of giving it to these leeches. It is what it is!

easier to say brother. I hadn`t filed my refunds for my factory for 8 years until 2019, when i got a special summons from commissoner office, FBR And DMG management are are all the same. I was told to file for the refund from which they got the 40% otherwise get ready for hurdles in my every task. I was just happy to leave the amount in the treasury instead of giving it to these leeches. It is what it is!
It is fact , people wants to live honest life and help the country....but the leeches ...

Who is going to hang people? Who is going to enforce any sense of law? Who is going to actually try reform and rebuild?

I don’t think the messiah is coming. He would've came by now judging by the shit show we see.

Create a organisation and demand it by force... target all known corrupt officials and most corrupt institutes and their offices...
And who do you think is going to create that organization and give it enough power to demand it by force?
That's the whole chicken and egg debate of accountability.
The ONLY option is a benevolent dictator (none of ours were, maybe Mushy, but he proved weak af) or a popular elected leader with a constituency to answer to, which makes his do the needful?

Which of these two do you think Pakistan has a better shot at? IK, is probably the most popular leader post Quaid and likely to remain so for the better part of the next century (by which time Pakistan might cease to exist due to climate change maybe, given the way things are run here. so why bother :D )

He is the only realistic chance.

One of my friend used to own a shop ...........Very religious person..but every FBR visit , end up doing the muk mukka with FBR inspector ... lollll
Your friend likely didn't file his returns or if he did, wasn't well informed, otherwise FBR has better targets than to waste time of him. Funny thing is, it's usually peons at FBR etc who come and blackmail the owners. Of course, part of the proceed also go to the sahibs

or pay up a for a good agent to do it for you. My father is a lawyer who does tax stuff as his primary business. income and sales. Only sticks to filing returns and maintaining their profiles. Dealing with notices etc. The straightforward stuff. But then you get to the thick of the notices and appeals and that's where money comes into play. He stays away from that since it involves bribery etc. He manages to stay away because he makes a solid leakproof return and reconciling the entire asset profile for the entire 6 years that FBR can look into.

That's where most filers get screwed (or screw themselves) by paying FBR peons and Laywers' munshis measly PKR 2k to send in a essentially blank tax return. and to top that, most people only send a return once when they have to become a filer by compulsion due to some transaction they want to do (property or vehicle). And then they forget all about it. Then after a few years, when they have to do another such transaction, they might come to my father. The peon or munshi who did their first return didn't give them the password or email that they created just for this etc and they don't know any better. So a good amount of is spent guessing the email and phone number used with the FBR Iris account and then once you log in, viola , there's tonnes of notices because the guy stopped filing returns after that first time. and the return was badly made by the peon/munshi only to get him onto the ATL (active taxpayer list) that later get caught in the audit.

So, that's the story. Most people pay shit for shitty service and then don't file returns. From experience, my father tells me most people, even filthy rich ones die inside when having to pay for a good service.

He gives an example, "Hamari quom aisi he ke sarak ke kinaray bethe expert se 200 rs. me daant nikalwa kr saari zindagi ke liye hepatitis kra ln ge lekin qualified doctor ko 1000-1500 nahi dn ge". As a freelancer who has had the misfortune of working with a few Pakistani clients. That shit is the truth.

Last edited:
all of these organizations are like this. FBR halted the balloting of GST receipts, and guess what these corrupt bast*rds did? they diverted that amount to inland revenue employees' allowances and incentives. theft in broad daylight. Source:

ECP is refusing to hold elections, and yet, they purchased 80+ hilux revos for God knows what. wasted more than 1.25 billion rupees of tax payers money. and now FBR too is buying 155 luxury vehicles.

Customs is into same dodgy stuff as well. but no one holds them accountable because "iss hammam main sab nangay hain"

or pay up a for a good agent to do it for you. My father is a lawyer who does tax stuff as his primary business. income and sales. Only sticks to filing returns and maintaining their profiles. Dealing with notices etc. The straightforward stuff. But then you get to the thick of the notices and appeals and that's where money comes into play. He stays away from that since it involves bribery etc. He manages to stay away because he makes a solid leakproof return and reconciling the entire asset profile for the entire 6 years that FBR can look into.

That's where most filers get screwed (or screw themselves) by paying FBR peons and Laywers' munshis measly PKR 2k to send in a essentially blank tax return. and to top that, most people only send a return once when they have to become a filer by compulsion due to some transaction they want to do (property or vehicle). And then they forget all about it. Then after a few years, when they have to do another such transaction, they might come to my father. The peon or munshi who did their first return didn't give them the password or email that they created just for this etc and they don't know any better. So a good amount of is spent guessing the email and phone number used with the FBR Iris account and then once you log in, viola , there's tonnes of notices because the guy stopped filing returns after that first time. and the return was badly made by the peon/munshi only to get him onto the ATL (active taxpayer list) that later get caught in the audit.

So, that's the story. Most people pay shit for shitty service and then don't file returns. From experience, my father tells me most people, even filthy rich ones die inside when having to pay for a good service.

He gives an example, "Hamari quom aisi he ke sarak ke kinaray bethe expert se 200 rs. me daant nikalwa kr saari zindagi ke liye hepatitis kra ln ge lekin qualified doctor ko 1000-1500 nahi dn ge". As a freelancer who has had the misfortune of working with a few Pakistani clients. That shit is the truth.
filing is easy. i do it myself. just need to have a proper sense and control of ones finances. issues arise when there are multiple streams of income, each of varying nature. that is when a lawyer/tax practitioner is required.

even if you challenge it in FTO, and win the case, they will never forget the insult and punish you later on. the entire system is rotten.

Last edited:
all of these organizations are like this. FBR halted the balloting of GST receipts, and guess what these corrupt bast*rds did? they diverted that amount to inland revenue employees' allowances and incentives. theft in broad daylight. Source:

ECP is refusing to hold elections, and yet, they purchased 80+ hilux revos for God knows what. wasted more than 1.25 billion rupees of tax payers money. and now FBR too is buying 155 luxury vehicles.

Customs is into same dodgy stuff as well. but no one holds them accountable because "iss hammam main sab nangay hain"

filing is easy. i do it myself. just need to have a proper sense and control of ones finances. issues arise when there are multiple streams of income, each of varying nature. that is when a lawyer/tax practitioner is required.
That's not a problem. But you'll find yourself in deep trouble if a notice comes along. Now, an educated person will try to look up the relevant sections in the Act but they will most likely not get the nuances of the law. So, they will still need a tax laywer to represent them eventually. So, imo, it's better not to mess around.

My cousin who's been in IT for 10+ years now, files his own returns. Last month he got into some trouble with the FBR and now his accounts are all freezed or some shit. Millions.
Now, he's running around for solutions and can't work and is depressed af. Not worth the few thousand rupees once a year saved.

Today, Kashif Abbasi said, a doctor he knows, ow 25 crore tax, he made deal with income tax officer. he gave 2 crores to IT officer and 4 crores submitted in FBR...all is well ... a very common practice in Pakistan. So, FBR is one of the biggest economic Evil.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom