What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

Only 1 string is attached

The aid has to reach the victims... not to the naughty ones or the zardari type ones.

India still debating whether to send aid to Pakistan

wow, what neighbors. Forget aid, did we even hear a word of sympathy from India?

Well, empty words don't mean much. We should be the first to help our neighbors. We have always done so in the past.

I think despite what happened in 2005, we should have offered aid. The political class is probably too wary because of what happened last time.

They (the few who are bringing their political differences here to support Indians) should send aid to their Pakistani brothers and sisters in need. We residing here are already doing that.

hey Jana read this....in your own words..

We have seen this less generosity even among our own Pakistani people towards this flood disaster. I have asked the same question from people during my visits to camps for flood victims few days back and the common response was that due to lack of affective media coverage besides lack of confidence in the current civilian government people are reluctant to pledge amount to them.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...us-towards-pakistan-than-we-were-haiti-3.html

:pop::pop:

They (the few who are bringing their political differences here to support Indians) should send aid to their Pakistani brothers and sisters in need. We residing here are already doing that.

How much have you donated? Being a Journalist what have you done to aid the people who are suffering?

How do you mean Asim? What strings?

indian strings....

''what about this'' and ''dont you remember that'' and ''you owe us, remember the time that we did this''

:blah::blah:

''aid'' with such strings; ''aid'' that becomes so politisized (in media, public and private circles) is simply not worth it

$5 million USD is not that much; easily we could come up with it domestically; through Sadaqa/charity, through private sector donors and other avenues

there are many many poor in hindustan, and it would be of better taste if they worried about them first

Well, empty words don't mean much. We should be the first to help our neighbors. We have always done so in the past.

I think despite what happened in 2005, we should have offered aid. The political class is probably too wary because of what happened last time.

In 2005 we rejected Indian helis with Indian pilots. Rest the medicines and other stuff was accepted. And India rejected our demand to provide helis only. Both the countries had good reasons for that.

So what was so grave that had happened in 2005 5 due to which there should be any reluctance??

It would not be entirely wrong to state that for some Indian members, and a larger population as well, aid from India is more than just addressing humanitarian issues and more than a peace-political statement but is along condescending tone. You might want to reject this assertion, but sadly this is not an invalid statement. If Indian members can stop gloating, then some Pakistani members might not post false bravado statements as well. There's too much history, political complexities and issues involved that get in the way of a humanitarian problem. It would be appropriate to respect the views of the people keeping in mind the complexity involved.

I think we are stretching it a bit too far...either they accept it or turn down politely.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom