What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

...... dude if somebdy kills ur little brother and offers u help bury him wat will u do?Accept or reject?

what are you saying ?? who is offering you help after killing your people ?? are you saying India created the flood to kill your people ??

This is ur attitude after just offering help .... we can easily predict the future !
@Jigs ,my friend if we take help frm them they will talk about it for the next 50 years and try to humiliate.
Also we did help them give em AID in the past but i dont recal us getting indian aid!

Keep the predictions aside,think about the people suffering..
All they need is money,food and survival,thats what is more important at the moment.

To the starved, who have had nothing to eat..

To those who lie without any roof to guard against the sun or rain..

To those who are falling sick without medicines..

It does not matter where water, food, shelter or medicine comes from.

The important thing is that 20 million people need help.

India has offered it. It’s much needed and is welcome.

These helpless people do not care who has given it and why. Nor should we.

@indian jat... Nations have long memories.
And i think our people will chose to die rather then get humiliated.

This is ur attitude after just offering help .... we can easily predict the future !
@Jigs ,my friend if we take help frm them they will talk about it for the next 50 years and try to humiliate.
Also we did help them give em AID in the past but i dont recal us getting indian aid!

it may be a step to reduce the tension.,chill up guys.

see buddy..these talks are irrelevant here...people get killed, but that happens both side isnt it ?? you faced it, we faced it. ..dont forget them...but keeping hatred in hearts will not take us anywhere.

people are dying and can be saved if these aids reach them..so are you saying them let them be rather killed than take help as its from India ??

Aid from India is humiliation? How?

And death over honour and ill perceived "ghairat" is the slogan of all people who sit in their homes knowing that it will be the poor who pay the cost of their apathy and get exploited at their hands. I'm certainly sure you wouldn't have given a damn about whether India gave the aid or Israel gave it if you had been sitting in open air on top of a roof in the middle of a drowned village, without food and water for five days and had your kids started suffering from water borne diseases.

I don't mean to be cruel or insensitive, but as this is a hypothetical situation, I would have liked to see your response in such a scenario if an IAF plane would have come to rescue you and offered you food, shelter and medicine. This is besides the real case where our forces will be distributing aid provided by them.

I sure would like to see whether you choose to die from starvation and let your kids die as well or choose relief, whatever the source may be.

The poor certainly won't make a suicidal choice.

I would advocate accepting the aid but also accept any decision the GoP makes. However, this false bravado emanating from the keyboards of the well housed, well fed and well off is irksome and at this time certainly painful as well.

Climate change is real, and the current situation in Pakistan is just a preview of what's to come in the region and other parts of the world.

In terms of its eco capacity, India is among the most overpopulated countries in the world, and the impact of climate change in India will likely be worse than other nations in Asia with the possible exception of Bangladesh.

India is ranked 33rd and Pakistan 39th among the most overcrowded nations of the world by Overpopulation Index published by the Optimum Population Trust based in the United Kingdom. The index measures overcrowding based on the size of the population and the resources available to sustain it.

According to LA Times, Bundelkhand region in central India is among the nation's most impoverished areas, and the problem is exacerbated by climate change and environmental mismanagement, they say, suggesting that ecological degradation and global warming are changing human life in more ways than just elevated sea levels and melting glaciers.

"Before, a bad year would lead to a good year," said Bharat Dogra, a fellow at New Delhi's Institute of Social Sciences specializing in the Bundelkhand region. "Now climate change is giving us seven or eight bad years in a row, putting local people deeper and deeper in debt. I expect the situation will only get worse."

An estimated 200,000 Indian farmers have ended their lives since 1997, including many in this area, largely because of debt.

A 2007 study of 13 Bundelkhand villages found that up to 45% of farming families had forfeited their land, and in extreme cases some were forced into indentured servitude. Tractor companies, land mafia and bankers routinely collude, encouraging farmers to take loans they can't afford, a 2008 report by India's Supreme Court found, knowing they'll default and be forced to sell their land.

What is needed now is a special climate change fund accessible by nations and peoples who will inevitably be the victims of the impact of quickening climate change in the next several decades.

In the meanwhile, people of goodwill around the world should do what they can by contributing funds through established charities, or by volunteering to alleviate the extraordinary suffering of over 14 million Pakistanis ravaged by the great deluge of this century.

Haq's Musings: Climate Change Worsens Poverty in India

Haq's Musings: South Asia's Declining Resources, Rising Consumption

Well its strange but I just noticed - most of the Pakistani members who are against the aid are based in Pakistan while many of the Pakistani members who are in favor of the aid have one foreign flag.

Aid from India is humiliation? How?

And death over honour and ill perceived "ghairat" is the slogan of all people who sit in their homes knowing that it will be the poor who pay the cost of their apathy and get exploited at their hands. I'm certainly sure you wouldn't have given a damn about whether India gave the aid or Israel gave it if you had been sitting in open air on top of a roof in the middle of a drowned village, without food and water for five days and had your kids started suffering from water borne diseases.

I don't mean to be cruel or insensitive, but as this is a hypothetical situation, I would have liked to see your response in such a scenario if an IAF plane would have come to rescue you and offered you food, shelter and medicine. This is besides the real case where our forces will be distributing aid provided by them.

I sure would like to see whether you choose to die from starvation and let your kids die as well or choose relief, whatever the source may be.

The poor certainly won't make a suicidal choice.

:sniper::sniper::sniper::tup::tup::tup::tup:

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Has Pak accepted it,or yet to?:undecided:

Thank you India, the donation is much appreciated. Ignore those that may turn their noses up at such a gesture.

Politics and mud-slinging is for another day, today is about helping those that are desperate.

I can assure you that the old man sitting on top of his roof in Muzzafaragarh won't care one jot if the bread he's been given comes from Indian money or not.

If he was to find it did, I'm sure he'd be just as thankful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom