Massive Blow To Seculars/Leftists - Digvijay, Azad Praise Modi's Response to J&K Floods

arp2041

BANNED
NEW DELHI: Congress leaders Digvijay Singh and Ghulam Nabi Azad lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his "prompt action" and "quick response" in dealing with the massive flood crisis in Jammu and Kashmir.

"Commend the rescue by DMRF, Army, Police and Security Forces in J&K and also GOI and PM for prompt action and reaching out to people in Azad Kashmir," Congress general secretary Digivijay Singh, a known detractor of Modi, said on Twitter.

Azad, who had spoken to Modi on the matter on Saturday, said, "I had spoken to the Prime Minister. I am very happy with his response.

"He (Modi) was very quick to visit the state and announce a package of Rs 1,000 crore."

Modi announced the special assistance package for J-K after undertaking a day-long visit to the state yesterday to review the situation in the flood-affected areas there.

Azad, the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and a former J-K chief minister, said he hoped the Centre would continue to support the relief and rehabilitation measures with unwavering enthusiasm.

He said that the relief package was welcome but, given the scale of the devastation, the state would require many thousands of crores of rupees for the reconstruction of the infrastructure which has been destroyed in the flood.

"I am sure the initial response by the Prime Minister to the flood situation will continue to hold. I hope, trust and believe in that.

"We expect the Prime Minister's support will continue with the same enthusiasm," said Azad.

He said that whatever infrastructure was created in the state over a period of 18 years since the 1996 elections -- which had brought an end to the long spell of Governor's Rule in J-K -- seems to have been totally destroyed in the floods.

Thousands of houses in J-K have been damaged and hundreds of small and big bridges washed away in the calamity.

"Of course, at the moment, the top priority for both the Centre and the state government is rescue and rehabilitation of the people who are totally cut off, not only from the rest of the state but also from one another," he said.

Singh, meanwhile, also said he will donate one month's salary to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund for Flood Relief.

"We all must reach out to help the Flood Victims in J&K," he said in another tweet.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...-Kashmir-Floods/2014/09/08/article2421058.ece

Also, Kumar Vishwas of AAP praised Modi for his efforts in J&K.

@levina @nair @seiko

Beni Prasad said today that Digvijay Singh shouldn't have disclosed the news about his Marriage before elections.

f83dd696b90e4f5ac13467a49fd28e67ff81c59d639f22c4b7185ee3a6e5af55.jpg

:yahoo:

Digvijay ??? He must be seeking a position with BJP. Watch the news when he announces his return to radical Hinduism and pledges his alliance and membership of RSS. Sellout !

Waiting Rahul to follow his political Jugaad Guru(Doggy Singh)....

It may be a blow to Modi haters, but why is it a blow to all secularists?

I wonder where are the SECULARS/LEFTISTS are hiding now??

@levina @seiko @nair

:rolleyes:

Whoa!!!
Were you waiting for my opinion?? Lolzz

Well I appreciate Digvijay and Azad's attitude.If a politician has done something good then it should be appreciated and lauded and thats exactly they've done. I find the usual shrewd behavior of politicians weird when then they come out only to sully other parties and politicians.
I think Indian polity is moving forward to a healthy environment where politicians would praise each other and criticise according to one's deeds.
Such behavior is a welcome change and may more politicians (specially the regional politicians) take inspiration from this incident.

Aur kuch??? :rolleyes: