What's new

Mass protests sweep Gilgit Baltistan

The ironic thing is there have already been a few Indian poster say "hmmmmm interesting" , "Raw is watching" and saying they consider themselves non Pakistanis.

The Darda people were ruthless fighters during the partition and after and can't stand India.

There is only one part of Kashmir where people consider themselves occupied.

Its funny to see Indians making our domestic economic issue into a geopolitical dispute. :sarcastic:

The Darda people were ruthless fighters during the partition and after and can't stand India.

Why would they have any beef with India during partition? India had nothing to do with atrocities that Dogras committed...

The Dogras were not the Indian Army or representatives of Indian state....hence the claim that them being slaughtered is some sort of indication of their choice for Pakistan or not for india is a logical fallacy...

and it seems there are other gilgit and baltistanis that consider the territory disputed...unlike you, but they exist and have been quoted in this article...hope you understand why I find it hard to accept when you speak for all people of the Pakistani occupied state..

They were not representatives true, but the people of GB viewed them as culturally, religiously and racially Indian folk, and hence the fear was they would side with India which they did. Hence the battle cries for Pakistan and the war declared upon them.

I don't claim to speak for all, but when you have several people from the region saying the same thing to you, then we have to question whether you are open to hearing the other side. Yes there are people who view the region as disputed but that is nothing to do with breaking away from Pakistan. This is to do with SSR rule, sectarian issues, central control from the capital that lacks true autonomy and so forth.

States in India also have the same issues, yet they do not want to break away....

Why would they have any beef with India during partition? India had nothing to do with atrocities that Dogras committed...

See my post. India was supplying weapons and training to the Dogra Raj once the British Raj made its intentions to vacate. They also sided with you which sealed the view.

The ironic thing is there have already been a few Indian poster say "hmmmmm interesting" , "Raw is watching" and saying they consider themselves non Pakistanis.

they can consider themselves martians,,,nobody cares.
they are not happy with GOP,,now that matters,,atleast for RAW:p:
n about Darda ppl,,,,,well same was said about pukhtoons,so.....:)

Not really. You are again wrong. I think you didn't read the article by Sher Jang Thapa of Indian army who was present in Skardu in 1948. In his own words each and every civilian in Skardu was working as a spy for Pakistan.

So yes the people of GB opt for Pakistan. And they showed great resolve and determination for it.

As a matter of fact, i have not read that article but will read it shortly...thanks for pointing out...

in the same breath...the people of J&K also acted as spies for the Indian during Op. Gibraltar...reporting Pakistani movements and soldiers to the IA...that has to mean something if youre giving the incidents in Skardu as much merit...

So as I read it, are you saying that representation in the army is a proof of their political position on the state??

Then may I present the J&K Light Infantry to you sir?

I would visit GB in a heartbeat...My visit to Kashmir in 1987 was the most memorable travel I have had in a while...Unfortunately, not sure if I a travel to the Pakistani side is realistic given ground realities on my side..

Certainly; dissent means that you're not flocking to the Army Recruitment Centers as evidenced by your disproportionately large presence in the army.

So far as the J&K Light Infantry is concerned - the fact that all 4 of her most celebrated sons are Non-Muslims in an area where Muslim Separatism is what has and continues to galvanize the demand for Independence is very much insightful !

Its funny to see Indians making our domestic economic issue into a geopolitical dispute. :sarcastic:

Please keep that in mind when poking your nose in reports on Indian Kashmir....remember..."domestic issue" being key

I think it time to completely integrate the region into Pakistan, make Gilgit-Baltistan a province, it would get rid of a lot of problems that it is facing.

Please keep that in mind when poking your nose in reports on Indian Kashmir....remember..."domestic issue" being key

That is a disputed territory. Kashmiris want to be part of Pakistan

As a matter of fact, i have not read that article but will read it shortly...thanks for pointing out...

in the same breath...the people of J&K also acted as spies for the Indian during Op. Gibraltar...reporting Pakistani movements and soldiers to the IA...that has to mean something if youre giving the incidents in Skardu as much merit...

A few people of IOK might have worked for India in 65. But then after that the situation has totally changed. The situation wasn't very good before that incident either. The valley in particular is hotbed of separatism and all the neutral reports have confirmed that. The people doesn't call themselves Indians. I am not saying that all of them want to be with Pakistan but they surely don't want to be called as indians. I can share you dozens of non-Pakistani sources and news articles with you on this. This is something that doesn't exist in GB. A protest for wheat subsidy is far different from a freedom march you know.

Last edited:
they can consider themselves martians,,,nobody cares.
they are not happy with GOP,,now that matters,,atleast for RAW:p:
n about Darda ppl,,,,,well same was said about pukhtoons,so.....:)

Sure why don't you cross over and meet them them in person. Please state you are RAW and not tourists and they will give you a fitting welcome, like they have done in the past.

US-Military-M9-Bayonet.jpg

Oh what's that about Pakhtuns? You want to be meet the TTP? You really are on a roll......:woot:

See if you can find any Pakhtuns here who have sympathy for your views.

Certainly; dissent means that you're not flocking to the Army Recruitment Centers as evidenced by your disproportionately large presence in the army.

So far as the J&K Light Infantry is concerned - the fact that all 4 of her most celebrated sons are Non-Muslims in an area where Muslim Separatism is what has and continues to galvanize the demand for Independence is very much insightful !

It irks me when somehow even Kashmiris of considerable composure and good head such as yourself resort to claiming Kashmir as being a muslim only state...you should know better that there were a considerable level of non-muslims in the state...

JKLI recruits specifically from the state....medals of honor and the religion of the bearer should not be used as a diversion from the fact that there is a significant representation of Kashmiris in the IA, to form an entire regiment..

A few people of IOK might have worked for India in 65. But then after that the situation has totally changed. The situation wasn't very good before that incident either. The valley in particular is hotbed of separatism and all the neutral reports have confirmed that. The people doesn't call themselves Indians. I am not saying that all of them want to be with Pakistan but they surely don't want to be called as indians. I can share you dozens of non-Pakistani sources an new articles with you on this. This is something that doesn't exist in GB. A protest for wheat subsidy is far different from a freedom march you know.

Yep, not even their leaders call themselves Indians. They hate that word and want nothing to do with it.

A few people of IOK might have worked for India in 65. But then after that the situation has totally changed. The situation wasn't very good before that incident either. The valley in particular is hotbed of separatism and all the neutral reports have confirmed that. The people doesn't call themselves Indians. I am not saying that all of them want to be with Pakistan but they surely don't want to be called as indians. I can share you dozens of non-Pakistani sources an new articles with you on this. This is something that doesn't exist in GB. A protest for wheat subsidy is far different from a freedom march you know.

No doubt there is seperatism in Kashmir and some excesses have been committed that are part of every prolonged war...but even you have to admit that a little money and moral/political support goes a long way in making non-issues into issues...
There is no movement in GB because India hasnt used that policy in GB...
Pakistanis of all should know given the snake such as TTP that lives in its own backyard that "freedom fighters" can easily be bought..

Anyways....I do agree that this march isnt a freedom rally....I just thought it to be interesting the choice of words chosen by the members of AWC

Back
Top Bottom