What's new

Marvel Representation of Pakistanis.

Mirzali Khan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Had the mother speaking f#cking english until it came to calling dad, saying Abu almost making it sound like Apu from the Simpsons, director apni kus di vich varla film nu.

Last edited:
Had the mother speaking f#cking english until it came calling dad instead saying Abu almost making it sound like Apu from the Simpsons, director apni kus varla film no.

Bro all the actors in that movie are Indian.

At least Pakistanis are speaking up and are angry about it on Twitter.

Problem is these liberal desi pheminists who take it upon themselves to try to validate and try to cook in some intersectional masala with it.

Bro all the actors in that movie are Indian.

At least Pakistanis are speaking up and are angry about it on Twitter.

Problem is these liberal desi pheminists who take it upon themselves to try to validate and try to cook in some intersectional masala with it.

Yar ya hi to masla ha, ham dusra ko kya kai ga jab hamara hi log kutta ha.

Last edited:
Oh this series is going to be so cringy, lots of evil backward Pakistani's , White Saviors etc all combine in one. I wish Marvel just keep Muslims/Pakistani/Arabs alone from their bias views, use Indian Super hero, they have Rajni kant and modi.

Dude the whole movie is a caricature, it doesn't relate one bit to Pakistani American experience

I would rather have them make us terrorists than this shit lol

Chack dey fattey is a common Punjabi phrase, so not really an issue here though

In kumails movie - I cringed
Ugly woman from the motherland - to some extent I guess (the arrange marriage culture clash part )but what's up with shitting on your own people, making them look bad and add the white savior complex

Just do a normal movie for once - from our perspective not caricatures for white people to laugh at

Last edited:
Pakistanis love dramas/movies but hate the profession of acting and entertainment industry in general. Result, very few actors/movies/shows in the homeland and almost non existent in diaspora. When you look down upon working in entertainment industry, others are gonna represent you then in their own ways.

When did Khans become Punbajis? If she was name Kamala Bajwa then I can understand the affinity and cultural appropriateness of the phrase. There is no difference between Bajwas on both sides of the border, other than fact that they are essential cogs in the Hindutva project under auspices of Pax Americana, they also share language, creed, culture and food. After all, they both eat aloo ghost and sarson ka saag..

The only mistake the Marvel people made here is naming the Pakistani girl. A typical Pakistani person is compliant, pushover, suffering with mental slavery and indistinguishable from their ethnic brethren across the wagah border, so a surname of Bajwa, Chohan, Sethi, Cheema, Gil, Roy, Ghuman, Bhatti and Chaudhary would have more more appropriate more so than Khan.

In kumails movie - I cringed
Ugly woman from the motherland - to some extent I guess but what's up with shitting on your own people, making them look bad and add the white savior complex

Just do a normal movie for once - from our perspective not caricatures for white people to laugh at
inferiority complex! what else!!!!!!

When did Khans become Punbajis?
I am guessing you never heard of Chaudary Nisar Ali Khan aka Pakistani Mr. Bean.

Anyway, even Imran Khan comes from Punjab. There are enough Khans who are also Punjabis.

This girl is actually an Ismaili..........U can find abt her in the Ismaili internet sources. She has Pakistani origion but born and raised in Canada.

BTW if u think thats weird look at this. She loves Pork.

Back
Top Bottom