What's new

Mark Wiens Star Alliance World Trip

We've a fair number of lamb dishes.

With mint jelly? and/or redcurrant?

happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

With mint jelly? and/or redcurrant?

:lol: No, no. We're Scandinavian. Food's boring up here:D.

You have Fårikål, which is lamb, potatoes, cabbage and peppercorn.

1470074546824.jpg

får i kål translates literally into "Sheep in cabbage".

Pinnekjøtt is a Christmas favorite. Some nations like turkey or ham during Christmas, I know both are popular in the US around that time of year. But in Norway we do Sheep ribs.

5425992154_6b27e2dd8b_o_d.jpg

Served with your choice of beer or Akvavit and a side of rutabaga or potatoes.

And a disgusting favorite, Smalahove - literally "sheep's head". Yum:(. No pictures for that one, too gross:bad:.

There's a few more like Brennsnut, but the above are the most well known outside of Norway.

brennsnut+008.jpg

There is nothing that comes close to this my favorite Turkish food. Pide!

Assorted-Turkish-Pide-500x333.jpg

I have had food from nearly every country in the world(french, italian , scandanavian, dutch, japanese, chinese, indian, pakistani, greek, thai, mexican, morrocon, algerian, lebanese, iranian etc)but I wouldnt replace Turkish food for anything, and Im not being biased. From the balkans to south east asia and central asia you can see Turkish foods traces. It has more variety than any food ive seen.

Sarma- can be seen in balkan countries and Turkey -
Turkish-Sarma-Recipe.jpg

Tandir,Buryan or Kuyu Kebabi- Or tandoori as you call in South Asia
cidede-kuyu-kebabi-sezonu-acildi-IHA-20140605AW110061-2-t.jpg

Manti- also found in Central Asia

3395178520_9bd3370cdf_z.jpg

There is no country that I have seen has this much variety.

@Nilgiri thanks to you i got introduced to this guy , ended up watching almost all his vids in the past few months , all he has ever made:)

Yes I think she can...I think I heard her somewhere speaking it....but cant 100% remember.
Havent heard her speak much , though you got to love his head tilt, its the meter how one can gauge the taste of the food. :)

some insight to our traditional cakes and pastries. there about THOUSANDS of traditional pastries around and since the ancient times too. even i as a native indonesian have a very limited knowledge about them.

well since i already set my foot here, i will update the thread with more indonesian cuisine wonders!

Part 1

Bolang Baling aka Sweet Square Donuts

951a5598fca1c4cb9e8d348a23bda18f.jpg

Kue Pelangi or Rainbow Cake

cWdoDyE.jpg

Bakpia

FoMdWTc.jpg

Surabi with Vanilla Ice Cream + Oreo

6Q56KHE.jpg

Martabak Manis

martabak-manis-bangka1.jpg

Lapis Legit